Relegation rivals watch

Bris Vegas

On 14/08/2021 at 20:05, Pearl Ram said:

Birmingham are my dark horses for a top 6 place this season.

I think Preston could have a tricky old season along with Huddersfield, Peterborough and Blackpool. I’m hoping with every fibre of my being Mr Pop’s Bristol City stink the division out and we finish above them. Tall order but one lives in hope.

We should really start reviewing comments about us within the following official remit

image.png.30ae0c3c0201a9478ff9ac22d627cfc5.png

On 15/08/2021 at 23:59, Rammy03 said:

It was only last year really where that happened and I don't think we will see it again where two relegated teams go back up automatically with ease. These are the positions where relegated teams finished over the last few years:

20/21
Norwich 1st
Watford 2nd
Bournemouth 6th

19/20:
Fulham 4th
Cardiff 5th
Huddersfield 18th

18/19:
West Brom 4th
Swansea 10th
Stoke 16th

17/18
Middlesbrough 5th
Hull 18th
Sunderland 24th

16/17
Newcastle 1st
Norwich 8th
Aston Villa 13th

I think because of COVID the parachute payments will be massive this time around. 

• 1 month later...

Reviving this after recent evens.

Interesting to know who others feel are the three most likely we could overtake. Who should we be watching out for most?

I think Hull were rubbish when we played them and they haven’t won since the opening day.

Peterborough aren’t very good either. On the road they ship loads of goals.

As for another one. Blackpool probably have the smallest budget but have done well so far. Barnsley under new management struggling? Forest? Luton? 

Peterborough and Barnsley lost at home. Hull won. 2/3 aint bad.

Forest, Swansea and Cardiff are all in false positions right now. They’ll end up midtable somewhere.

Disappointing that Reading look capable of deadling with a points deduction.

Blackpool got another good result.

21 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

Peterborough and Barnsley lost at home. Hull won. 2/3 aint bad.

Forest, Swansea and Cardiff are all in false positions right now. They’ll end up midtable somewhere.

Disappointing that Reading look capable of deadling with a points deduction.

Blackpool got another good result.

That’s okay. We only need three teams to be poo. Peterborough, Barnsley and Hull it is then. Just 6 points to go, let’s real then in. 

52 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

That’s okay. We only need three teams to be poo. Peterborough, Barnsley and Hull it is then. Just 6 points to go, let’s real then in. 

They look the most likely and fit the profile. Two came up from League One, barely spent anything and don't have particularly good squads. The other is suffering a major hangover from overachieving last season while the popular manager left along with their best player Alex Mowatt. 

If they continue on their form of picking up less points than games we may have a chance.

• 2 weeks later...

Peterborough v Hull 

Middlesbrough v Barnsley

A good opportunity for Derby to close the gap on at least two teams this week.

Birmingham and Cardiff are also in awful form, but you’d expect them to improve. Blackpool meanwhile have taken the same number of points as we have after 12 games. They’re looking solid.

1 hour ago, Bris Vegas said:

Peterborough v Hull 

Middlesbrough v Barnsley

A good opportunity for Derby to close the gap on at least two teams this week.

Birmingham and Cardiff are also in awful form, but you’d expect them to improve. Blackpool meanwhile have taken the same number of points as we have after 12 games. They’re looking solid.

They all lost on Saturday, so although it could’ve / should’ve been 3, it’s a still a point closer. Within 2 wins of 21st place now. 

On 25/09/2021 at 17:54, RadioactiveWaste said:

Well, the gap to forest is up to 7 points, meanign it's likely to be after the internation break before we overhaul them. But hopefully with the squad well drilled in slumberball it won't take long for Cooper to find his feet and the bad times can really roll at the city ground.

Oh, did you mean the next international break?

Will Ferrell Reaction GIF

Barnsley lost again, while Hull got beat at home to Peterborough.

Blackpool came from two down to beat Reading. Stats suggest it was fully deserved too. Blackpool look solid this season, have goals in them and I reckon they're a tough team to play away.

Cardiff will improve once they dump the dinosaur McCarthy.

It's got to be Peterborough, Hull and Barnsley. Who else can we drag into it? Birmingham have been poor since they beat us, but they should be ok. Bristol City and Preston are crap but keep picking up wins.

Since the deduction we've gained two points on Peterborough and Hull and four on Barnsley. We've only had three wins ourselves in 13 games. It's not looking great despite our solid form.

Edited by Bris Vegas

11 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Blackpool came from two down to beat Reading. Stats suggest it was fully deserved too. Blackpool look solid this season, have goals in them and I reckon they're a tough team to play away.

It's got to be Peterborough, Hull and Barnsley. Who else can we drag into it? Birmingham have been poor since they beat us, but they should be ok. Bristol City and Preston are crap but keep picking up wins.

Since the deduction we've gained two points on Peterborough and Hull and four on Barnsley. We've only had three wins ourselves in 13 games. It's not looking great despite our solid form.

That's it Bris, you keep up your customary positive mental attitude. 

13 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

If we can get above those three which is very possible we don’t need to drag anyone else in though it would be nice