Relegation rivals watch

Bris Vegas

Our ability the stay up depends on getting a goal scorer or two into the club in January as we could turn some draws into wins if they actually scored goals or at least created them for others. In the mean time if we can stop other teams winning games and keep picking up points ourselves up until then it gives us a chance.

15 hours ago, Bris Vegas said:

Barnsley lost again, while Hull got beat at home to Peterborough.

Blackpool came from two down to beat Reading. Stats suggest it was fully deserved too. Blackpool look solid this season, have goals in them and I reckon they're a tough team to play away.

Cardiff will improve once they dump the dinosaur McCarthy.

It's got to be Peterborough, Hull and Barnsley. Who else can we drag into it? Birmingham have been poor since they beat us, but they should be ok. Bristol City and Preston are crap but keep picking up wins.

Since the deduction we've gained two points on Peterborough and Hull and four on Barnsley. We've only had three wins ourselves in 13 games. It's not looking great despite our solid form.

That's only 6 games, with 33 games left to play. If all sides continue at that rate, we'll finish 4 points ahead of Peterborough and ahead of Barnsley before we even hit December.

All teams from Preston down, plus Bristol and Blackburn, make up my current shortlist for relegation. The 4 front runners for relegation being Barnsley, Hull, Peterborough and ourselves.

On 21/10/2021 at 06:31, Ghost of Clough said:

That's only 6 games, with 33 games left to play. If all sides continue at that rate, we'll finish 4 points ahead of Peterborough and ahead of Barnsley before we even hit December.

All teams from Preston down, plus Bristol and Blackburn, make up my current shortlist for relegation. The 4 front runners for relegation being Barnsley, Hull, Peterborough and ourselves.

I can't see us finishing above Blackburn even without the deduction, let alone minus 12 points. Peterborough's recent wins means we have only taken three more points than them this season. We either need to better our current points-per-game tally, or hope Posh get worse if we have any hope of catching them at this rate.

Good news is Barnsley and Hull are really struggling so those two I think we'll overtake by Christmas time.

We just need to drag one more into it.

15 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

I can't see us finishing above Blackburn even without the deduction, let alone minus 12 points. Peterborough's recent wins means we have only taken three more points than them this season. We either need to better our current points-per-game tally, or hope Posh get worse if we have any hope of catching them at this rate.

Good news is Barnsley and Hull are really struggling so those two I think we'll overtake by Christmas time.

We just need to drag one more into it.

Peterborough are doing exactly as I expect them to do - achieve 1 point per game. We're only a fraction off the pace as things stand so a minor improvement to the team (such as Kazim and Bielik returning from injury) should hopefully be enough to get us over the line.

Points deductions will be vital to our season. A failed admin appeal with extra added on for P&S breaches would make the task almost impossible. However, a successful appeal with a small P&S deduction would mean maintaining our current pace is all that we need.

• 2 months later...
5 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Surprised this thread hasn't been more active in recent weeks. Would it not be better placed in the main section of the forum as well?

This is great news for us:

It would be better news if he was signing for us - we need help to score goals and the EFL and Middlesbrough are making sure we don’t get any.

3 minutes ago, angieram said:

Got to feel for Reading fans a bit. Reading gave Carroll a chance to prove his fitness, then he's off like a shot at first opportunity to a club recently in receipt of parachute payments. 

Yes, good for us, but not good for football.

Was never sure how they were able to get him plus Drinkwater anyway.  Very odd when we couldn't sign anyone back in August.

3 hours ago, angieram said:

Got to feel for Reading fans a bit. Reading gave Carroll a chance to prove his fitness, then he's off like a shot at first opportunity to a club recently in receipt of parachute payments. 

Yes, good for us, but not good for football.

I feel really sorry for them. I can barely contain my grief.