Relegation rivals watch

Bris Vegas

6 minutes ago, theroyal said:

Reading fan here (don't shoot!)

I don't think so. He's only on a contract to the end of the season and part of the business plan would've included Paunovic's wages until that point... so we're either just paying that money in full now or he's going on gardening leave.

Are you worried that the EFL will dock you another 3 points in line with our points deduction ? Only fair me thinks ?

2. The Club has been required to submit, agree and adhere to a budget in accordance with P&S Rules 2.9 and Regulation 16.20 for the remainder of Season 2021/22 and Season 2022/23.

3. The Club and EFL have agreed a cap on Total Player Salary Costs of not more than £21.1m in the current Season, reducing to £16m in the following Season (Championship status), with a number of other conditions, including: 3.1 the Club will be permitted to have registered at any one time no more than 25 Permitted Players; 3.2 the Club will not be permitted to pay or commit to pay any Transfer Fee, Compensation Fee or Loan Fee or any other form of payment (other than a sell on fee) in respect of the registration of any Player in excess of the level as agreed with the EFL; 3.3 the average Salary of all new Contract Players registered from the date of this Agreement until 30 June 2023 will not exceed an average of the level as agreed with the EFL; 3.4 the Salary of any new Contract Player registered from the date of this Agreement until 30 June 2023 will not exceed the level as agreed with the EFL; 3.5 any contribution to fees paid to an Intermediary by the Club on the behalf of a Player will be limited to 3% of the Player’s Basic Gross Income (as defined in the FA Regulations on Working with Intermediaries); 4. In line with the existing EFL embargo pol

Seems may only relate to players, however, point 2 would indicate they can't increase the budget agreed with the EFL so giving Warnock a big fat 3 month contract on top of a payoff to a manager and his backroom team probably isn't a goer.  More likely to be an internal promotion maybe or someone willing to work for less bearing in mind there club salary has to reduce to 16 million next season  from 21 million this season.  We shall see.  Either way we need to win another 8 games to my mind regardless.

5 hours ago, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

2. The Club has been required to submit, agree and adhere to a budget in accordance with P&S Rules 2.9 and Regulation 16.20 for the remainder of Season 2021/22 and Season 2022/23.

3. The Club and EFL have agreed a cap on Total Player Salary Costs of not more than £21.1m in the current Season, reducing to £16m in the following Season (Championship status), with a number of other conditions, including: 3.1 the Club will be permitted to have registered at any one time no more than 25 Permitted Players; 3.2 the Club will not be permitted to pay or commit to pay any Transfer Fee, Compensation Fee or Loan Fee or any other form of payment (other than a sell on fee) in respect of the registration of any Player in excess of the level as agreed with the EFL; 3.3 the average Salary of all new Contract Players registered from the date of this Agreement until 30 June 2023 will not exceed an average of the level as agreed with the EFL; 3.4 the Salary of any new Contract Player registered from the date of this Agreement until 30 June 2023 will not exceed the level as agreed with the EFL; 3.5 any contribution to fees paid to an Intermediary by the Club on the behalf of a Player will be limited to 3% of the Player’s Basic Gross Income (as defined in the FA Regulations on Working with Intermediaries); 4. In line with the existing EFL embargo pol

Seems may only relate to players, however, point 2 would indicate they can't increase the budget agreed with the EFL so giving Warnock a big fat 3 month contract on top of a payoff to a manager and his backroom team probably isn't a goer.  More likely to be an internal promotion maybe or someone willing to work for less bearing in mind there club salary has to reduce to 16 million next season  from 21 million this season.  We shall see.  Either way we need to win another 8 games to my mind regardless.

Yes but we all know an exception will be made by efl if it relegates us

8 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

So we should win every game til the end of the season, and every game we don’t win is a catastrophe?

We just need to win and draw one more than reading. They might start winning a few, and we might lose a few, but I’ve the course of the 18 ish games we’ve got left of this season, we just need to draw one and win one more than them. We don’t need to over take them this week. There will be better opportunities this season to gain points on them. 

I'll pin this quote too.

Really hope you're right come end of season. 

If not then what I was saying will have been evidenced. At this point neither of us know how damaging those defeats will be so let's leave it there, only time will tell.

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

I'll pin this quote too.

Really hope you're right come end of season. 

If not then what I was saying will have been evidenced. At this point neither of us know how damaging those defeats will be so let's leave it there, only time will tell.

Of course no one knows how damaging an individual defeat it is. But if we’re relegated by 3pts come the end of the season, it’s not this result that did it, it’s losing away to Peterborough and Barnsley. 

the next game against Peterborough, as you say, the pressure is on, big time. If we lose that one, then it’s not looking good. Those are the games we need to be winning. 

I wouldn’t have thought Wayne went to boro with the intention of losing, but we all knew that a win there, against a team currently in good firm and in the top 6, was the least likely of possible outcomes. 

9 hours ago, TomTom92 said:

Reading getting shut is tragic news. Especially with the big match in the week. If they get Warnock we’re down, Barnsley are also sniffing as well. Shame WBA didn’t go for him. 

Funny how a win for Barnsley (their first since they beat us at the start of November and in fact their first point since before Christmas) and now they’re “sniffing”.

The reality is, the bottom four are in a mini league to avoid relegation. One or two others may plummet and join us but it’s a healthy gap they have.

My gut feeling is sadly: Barnsley will begin to pick up a few results but not enough to get them out of trouble. We’ll run out of steam and Reading will do enough to pull clear. But, you never know. We don’t need a miracle anymore just a very good run of results and we’ll fight till the end. Our next three games are not quite “must win” games but they are very important.

7 hours ago, Tamworthram said:

Funny how a win for Barnsley (their first since they beat us at the start of November and in fact their first point since before Christmas) and now they’re “sniffing”.

The reality is, the bottom four are in a mini league to avoid relegation. One or two others may plummet and join us but it’s a healthy gap they have.

My gut feeling is sadly: Barnsley will begin to pick up a few results but not enough to get them out of trouble. We’ll run out of steam and Reading will do enough to pull clear. But, you never know. We don’t need a miracle anymore just a very good run of results and we’ll fight till the end. Our next three games are not quite “must win” games but they are very important.

I guess it shows 3 points makes a big difference down where we are. It shows you how poor Peterborough and Barnsley are and how much effect the point deductions and tranfers embargoes have had on us and Reading for us to even be amongst them. 

The fact we are anywhere near surviving is like you said the miracle. Sheff W went down with what -6?  and with a much better squad. We are currently 2 wins short of surviving insane.

I will say, I'm a bit concerned for Reading's future in the way I am for ours. Their owner has had the two other clubs he owned dissolve in the last two years: KSV Roeselare in Belgium and Shaanxi Baorang Chanba/Guizhou Renhe/Beijing Renhe/Beijing Chengfeng (just pick a name and stick with it, lads) in China. In light of that, some of the decisions being made at Reading look quite concerning.

7 minutes ago, JfR said:

I will say, I'm a bit concerned for Reading's future in the way I am for ours. Their owner has had the two other clubs he owned dissolve in the last two years: KSV Roeselare in Belgium and Shaanxi Baorang Chanba/Guizhou Renhe/Beijing Renhe/Beijing Chengfeng (just pick a name and stick with it, lads) in China. In light of that, some of the decisions being made at Reading look quite concerning.

That's a bit grim.

But no doubt he sailed through the EFLs 'fit and proper' person test?

14 minutes ago, JfR said:

If it's not going to be them, then it'll be someone else before long. The EFL's legacy ladies and gents.

I hope that should we come through this on the other side, that we rally around and show our support for whoever does end up being next. It's really not nice, and fans mocking our situation clearly don't know how it feels, a bit of unity with another side in trouble would go a long way.

19 hours ago, theroyal said:

Reading fan here (don't shoot!)

I don't think so. He's only on a contract to the end of the season and part of the business plan would've included Paunovic's wages until that point... so we're either just paying that money in full now or he's going on gardening leave.

Reading

Reading between the lines.....................ermmm I don't know either!

24 minutes ago, Kernow said:

If it's not going to be them, then it'll be someone else before long. The EFL's legacy ladies and gents.

I hope that should we come through this on the other side, that we rally around and show our support for whoever does end up being next. It's really not nice, and fans mocking our situation clearly don't know how it feels, a bit of unity with another side in trouble would go a long way.

I'm not that magnanimous to every one mate.  I can think of 5 or 6 sides full of self appointed bastions of virtue syndrome i'd love to go through the poo for a year.  Unlike them however, I wouldn't be shouting for their liquidation.