Relegation rivals watch

Bris Vegas

40 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Yes but this is my point you can't play out the rest of the season on a piece of paper saying we should win that game but lose that one. Doesn't work like that.

If Reading have more points than us at the end of the season then you can take that piece of paper and flush it down the loo. 

There's teams that get promoted to the Premier League, The manager will sit down with his coaches before the season starts, They'll have a chart where they expect to lose, Expect to draw and Expect to win games, That will give them an idea of what's needed when picking their team, Setting up their style of play and so on.

Jim Smith and Arthur Cox were known for doing this.

1 minute ago, Unlucky Alf said:

There's teams that get promoted to the Premier League, The manager will sit down with his coaches before the season starts, They'll have a chart where they expect to lose, Expect to draw and Expect to win games, That will give them an idea of what's needed when picking their team, Setting up their style of play and so on.

Jim Smith and Arthur Cox were known for doing this.

All I'm saying if we are picking and choosing the games we expect to win then it makes the task far harder if we subsequently don't. 

I imagine by the same logic then the game against Peterborough will be one of those in spades. No pressure then. 

9 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

All I'm saying if we are picking and choosing the games we expect to win then it makes the task far harder if we subsequently don't. 

I imagine by the same logic then the game against Peterborough will be one of those in spades. No pressure then. 

It's called projection, All done on what we have, What the opposition has, Recent form, You should know, It's what business and Governments do.

And believe it of not...supporters too.

Equelly the games that we are expected to lose and win is a bonus.

55 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

Yes but this is my point you can't play out the rest of the season on a piece of paper saying we should win that game but lose that one. Doesn't work like that.

If Reading have more points than us at the end of the season then you can take that piece of paper and flush it down the loo. 

Seriously kids, don't even think about it... and shame on @Tyler Durden for even suggesting it!

Generally speaking, the type of paper used to write predicted scores on will not be the type of paper that can be successfully flushed down the loo.
Doing so would most likely result in carnage, angry neighbours, and a very wet bathroom floor!

#thinkon

10 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Seriously kids, don't even think about it... and shame on @Tyler Durden for even suggesting it!

Generally speaking, the type of paper used to write predicted scores on will not be the type of paper that can be successfully flushed down the loo.
Doing so would most likely result in carnage, angry neighbours, and a very wet bathroom floor!

#thinkon

Mucker, Tyler is a man of the cloth, which might come in useful for cleaning up the bathroom floor but more importantly he might have a bit of sway in putting in a word for the Rams in the upcoming games for some help with a divine intervention. Keep him sweet.

8 minutes ago, Brailsford Ram said:

Mucker, Tyler is a man of the cloth, which might come in useful for cleaning up the bathroom floor but more importantly he might have a bit of sway in putting in a word for the Rams in the upcoming games for some help with a divine intervention. Keep him sweet.

Touching cloth absolutely 

When Reading were 1 up, I fancied them to go on to beat Cov and also beat PBoro, with that and us losing to Boro which I expected us to do I was thinking we could be going into next Saturdays game 10pts adrift which would have been concerning.

Now the best we can hope for is to be 2pts adrift come 5pm next Saturday.

That means midweek its a draw or Pboro win, then next weekend we win & Reading lose.

I think the relegation battle will go right into April before we see a team officially down. We can all argue that the other 3 in the mix have played less games than us. But lets look at the stats so far with 2/3rds of the season gone. Barnsley have only won 3 games so far meaning if theres no improvement they've only got a maximum of 2 more wins to come, they've lost 19 matches meaning they could lose another 9 or 10. So they are on course to pick up 11 or 12 points till the end of the season.

Peterborough have only won 5 matches and lost 19, looking on course to pick up approx 15 more points. Reading have won 8 and lost 18, looking on course to pick up approx 18 more points. Obiviously one or maybe all three could pick up on their current form, the key will be winning against the teams in the mix. Reading have Peterboro and Barnsley both away to play. Barnsley have Reading & Peterboro at home and away to the Rams. Peterborough have Reading at home with Derby & Barnsley away. On top of all this, if it ends up with two teams finishing on the same points (I wonder which team will have the best goal diff).

2 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

I think the relegation battle will go right into April before we see a team officially down. We can all argue that the other 3 in the mix have played less games than us. But lets look at the stats so far with 2/3rds of the season gone. Barnsley have only won 3 games so far meaning if theres no improvement they've only got a maximum of 2 more wins to come, they've lost 19 matches meaning they could lose another 9 or 10. So they are on course to pick up 11 or 12 points till the end of the season.

Peterborough have only won 5 matches and lost 19, looking on course to pick up approx 15 more points. Reading have won 8 and lost 18, looking on course to pick up approx 18 more points. Obiviously one or maybe all three could pick up on their current form, the key will be winning against the teams in the mix. Reading have Peterboro and Barnsley both away to play. Barnsley have Reading & Peterboro at home and away to the Rams. Peterborough have Reading at home with Derby & Barnsley away. On top of all this, if it ends up with two teams finishing on the same points (I wonder which team will have the best goal diff).

Why would anyone try and argue against that, its an absolute fact. 

It’s looking increasingly like the bottom four clubs might not even reach 40 points.

Obviously the deductions have played their part. If it wasn’t for them, Barnsley and Posh would be so far adrift right now which highlights how bad they have been.

I really thought Hull were the worst team I’ve seen this season. That they are practically safe with only a couple more wins is bizarre.

7 minutes ago, Bris Vegas said:

It’s looking increasingly like the bottom four clubs might not even reach 40 points.

Obviously the deductions have played their part. If it wasn’t for them, Barnsley and Posh would be so far adrift right now which highlights how bad they have been.

I really thought Hull were the worst team I’ve seen this season. That they are practically safe with only a couple more wins is bizarre.

Still time for Hull or Cardiff, Bristol and Birmingham to go into freefall, but one of them would have to lose 14 to 15 games to put them in the mix with the bottom 4.

3 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Started off by saying can't believe Reading will lose their next 8 games so we need to start narrowing the gap before we get to that juncture. 

Dunno why everyone thinks like the Forest away and Boro away game yesterday were free hits - another game gone in both instances another opportunity lost to cut the gap. 

So we should win every game til the end of the season, and every game we don’t win is a catastrophe?

We just need to win and draw one more than reading. They might start winning a few, and we might lose a few, but I’ve the course of the 18 ish games we’ve got left of this season, we just need to draw one and win one more than them. We don’t need to over take them this week. There will be better opportunities this season to gain points on them. 

58 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

Still time for Hull or Cardiff, Bristol and Birmingham to go into freefall, but one of them would have to lose 14 to 15 games to put them in the mix with the bottom 4.

In our case there are only 15 games left. It’s why anyone from Hull upwards is almost guaranteed safety with just another 2 or 3 wins.

I think the 3 relegated clubs this season will all have less than 40 points. 

58 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

Oh poo

Seen a few people saying this might see them getting a further deduction for breaking their business plan. Is there anything in the public domain to back that up, or is it pure speculation? It would explain why it's taken them going 3 months without a win before sacking him if it is the case.

15 minutes ago, JfR said:

Seen a few people saying this might see them getting a further deduction for breaking their business plan. Is there anything in the public domain to back that up, or is it pure speculation? It would explain why it's taken them going 3 months without a win before sacking him if it is the case.

Reading fan here (don't shoot!)

I don't think so. He's only on a contract to the end of the season and part of the business plan would've included Paunovic's wages until that point... so we're either just paying that money in full now or he's going on gardening leave.