Bris Vegas

16 minutes ago, teddyb16 said:

Form over last 10 games:

Derby 17 pts

Hull 11 pts

Reading 5 pts

Peterborough 5 pts

Barnsley 7 pts

Keep that momentum and with 4 to go we will be out the bottom 3 and Hull will very much be involved. 

What remains the same is we have absolutely nothing to lose and all to gain. For all intents and purposes we should be dead and buried cause of the deductions but an announcement of a PB, come out of admin and Rooney announce he has got Tevez to sign for the run in.

Game on

How have Reading got 5 points from 10 games? They’ve just got six points from 2?

Even if we lose tonight it’s not over. If Reading go on a run now (they are capable as on paper they have the best squad in the whole bottom half) then it’s going to make it difficult. There is serious potential for Hull to do what Derby did last season and be sucked into it. We have to keep winning games and picking up points. We were starting to think less than 40 points will be enough, I think with Reading winning two on the bounce it changes that complexion slightly and we’ll need a few more, still don’t think we’ll need more than the 44 last season. That’s 23 from 14 games. Difficult but not impossible and we may not even need that many.

The embargoes and points deductions were designed to relegate us. We are not meant to survive, we shouldn’t survive but here we are approaching March with a chance which is incredible. The players and coaching staff are fighting to the end, we as fans also need to fight to the end and that means staying with them until it’s no longer possible, and believing we can do it not throwing in the towel at results that don’t go our way that we cannot control.

9 hours ago, Yani P said:

Not watched the game but stats show Brum were the better team?

Brum looked very good  in the first half.  Reading also showed plenty of class but looked disorganised at times in defence and Brum controlled their possession better. The second half was more even but it was a classy goal and after that Brum fell off. That Reading squad does not look like a team that will go down. A very sobering watch 

8 hours ago, DCFC27 said:

Reading have to win 4 games and hull would nee 3. Unfortunately I think we have left it too late. 

Hull are in free fall but they are 13 points ahead, regardless of games in hand (we need to win those a games) I can’t see them not winning for 13 games! 

I agree wrt Reading, like us they are in a false position due to deductions, they went on a seriously bad run to make them twitchy, the likes of Hull and Cardiff are the real targets, one of them could easily do what both ourselves and Rotherham did last season, if either of them match the final 13 game runs we had than they are perfectly catchable, it will be tough, yes, always going to be with -21, but not impossible.

We just need to focus on each game and try to win the next, we would have snapped the hands of anyone offering us this position with more than a quarter of the season to go back in November! 

36 minutes ago, 1977 Ram Raider said:

The difference being that Reading weren’t winning games then, now they are. 

And so what if they are? We can’t honestly expect them to lose every match, we can’t win every match. They’re not going to lie down and give up it’s what makes relegation fights just that. No team wants to be here, hell even Barnsley won last night! 

To be honest, I think the Reading result last night will be a blessing in disguise.

We know now that there is no room for complacency and we can’t afford too many more off days.

You can’t fault the players. They are giving everything. But we have to step it up again.

Earlier in the season, we brushed off some disappointing results out of a ‘just glad to be here, this cardboard tastes delicious’ mentality.

Now survival is a possibility, we have to go full throttle and take games by the scruff of the neck and win.

We have six home games from seven that are there to be won and will likely make up the majority of our points gained.

But we also have to push for more away from home. 2 wins from 16 away games is simply not good enough. We’ll have to do more to give ourselves a fighting chance.

I am still sticking with the thinking that we need a point a game plus any deficit to make up. So that’s 22 points, as it stands. 6-7 wins potentially.

No time for hard luck stories, time to go out and win.

1 hour ago, 1977 Ram Raider said:

The difference being that Reading weren’t winning games then, now they are. 

I doubt Reading fans are resting easy yet. Look at Hull. Since their purple patch of three wins in a row they’ve only picked up 2 points from their next 6 games.

For what it’s worth, I do think the gap to Hull is probably too big and Reading will pick up enough points to keep us at bay but two back to back wins doesn’t necessarily mean they’ve turned the corner (yet).

54 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

To be honest, I think the Reading result last night will be a blessing in disguise.

We know now that there is no room for complacency and we can’t afford too many more off days.

You can’t fault the players. They are giving everything. But we have to step it up again.

Earlier in the season, we brushed off some disappointing results out of a ‘just glad to be here, this cardboard tastes delicious’ mentality.

Now survival is a possibility, we have to go full throttle and take games by the scruff of the neck and win.

We have six home games from seven that are there to be won and will likely make up the majority of our points gained.

But we also have to push for more away from home. 2 wins from 16 away games is simply not good enough. We’ll have to do more to give ourselves a fighting chance.

I am still sticking with the thinking that we need a point a game plus any deficit to make up. So that’s 22 points, as it stands. 6-7 wins potentially.

No time for hard luck stories, time to go out and win.

Jourdan, I don't know what's happened to you. But I like it UTR

3 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I doubt Reading fans are resting easy yet. Look at Hull. Since their purple patch of three wins in a row they’ve only picked up 2 points from their next 6 games.

For what it’s worth, I do think the gap to Hull is probably too big and Reading will pick up enough points to keep us at bay but two back to back wins doesn’t necessarily mean they’ve turned the corner (yet).

Some Hull fans are panicking that they will repeat what they did in the second half of the 19/20 and end up going down. They are not out of this yet.

Reading weren't going to continue losing every game, it had to end at some point. To the same extent, they're not going to win every match going forward either.

At this point, it's got to be about getting two more wins than them between now and the end of the season. If another team gets dragged in, then great but we can only focus on getting as many points as we can.

It's a tall order with a tiny squad and a load of youngsters but we have nothing to lose and should go for it. 

9 hours ago, Alpha said:

Next 5 games would be a great opportunity to pile the pressure on. Reading are at Blackpool, then have Millwall before they meet Forest, Bournemouth and Blackburn

We're coming up against Millwall, Luton, Cardiff and Barnsley now.

If that gap is still 5 points after that then I'll be feeling sick. 

Agreed, right now is do or die. Just seen a post on Twitter that highlights a particular tough run that includes; Bournemouth, Fulham, Blackburn and QPR so we can’t be relying on us to pull a rabbit out the hat over that period. 

Reading have turned up the heat big time. If we respond tonight the players deserve every plaudit going.

Reading have still got a talented young squad especially in the forward areas. If they can get a semblance of a structure together and some togetherness they will probably get to 45-50 points as they have some easier games coming up too. I think some  people saying we can stay up on 40- 42 were being a tad overoptimistic. I could see Hull being pulled in but realistically all they need is 3 wins which you'd think they can somehow manage. It's not over until it's mathematically impossible but I do think if we're going to somehow claw our way out of this we need to be better on the road as I don't think the home form is going to be enough. 

But I do think we can stay up. You can kind of see the small squad starting to catch up with us slightly but it might be that sheer force of will and belief can get us over the line. whatever happens, it's been an immense effort from everyone involved as the squad and the management could easily have thrown the towel in after the points deductions and the embargo. Instead, they've gone the opposite way and if they pull this off will go down in folklore.  

Everything is still in our hands, All I ask for is those that pull on their shirt they give it their bast on the day, It's all I can ask for, If their best isn't good enough then so be it, Hull look to be the one we chase, Last 6 games W1 D2 L3, The new owner bless him was mental sacking Grant McCann for his mate Shota Arveladze, Small mercys can bring great rewards.

Oh and by the way...Wycombe 1 Wigan 3 Happy Hailee Steinfeld GIF by Pitch Perfect

With the lineup Reading is having, they should be fighting for at least playoffs.

Funny old game....Bielik and Swift are fighting against relegation while being among the best midfielders in the league. 

BTW, Swift is Championship's leading key passer and has most assists (13), latter being astonishing for a such a struggling club.

We have to hold our nerve... I really think this is going to go down to the wire. There's been a few results this season (e.g. Barnsley away) where I've thought its time to stop kidding myself.

But then we keep coming back from each colossal blow like T2000 in Terminator 2.

The gap to safety all of a sudden feels as wide as the Clyde again... but that could change by tonight. The emotional high and lows are incredible at the moment - ecstatic ups and dejected downs several times a week!

I haven't followed this closely since I was a boy... pouring over league tables and fixture lists every evening in a way I haven't done since the days of teletext... and my Dad coming back from the shop with a copy of the Green 'Un.

Whatever happens this is a fun rollercoaster to be on. No doubt we will drop the odd point against lesser teams at some point and feel totally despondent, and then we'll snatch some back unexpectedly from the big guns and it'll be game on.

For now all we can do is eat that elephant one piece at a time... and I believe come Cardiff at home all will still be to play for, and we might just close that gap in the nick of time. Maybe on goal difference.

We still believe. We fight to the end.

2 hours ago, Unlucky Alf said:

Everything is still in our hands, All I ask for is those that pull on their shirt they give it their bast on the day, It's all I can ask for, If their best isn't good enough then so be it, Hull look to be the one we chase, Last 6 games W1 D2 L3, The new owner bless him was mental sacking Grant McCann for his mate Shota Arveladze, Small mercys can bring great rewards.

Oh and by the way...Wycombe 1 Wigan 3 Happy Hailee Steinfeld GIF by Pitch Perfect

Of course, technically it isn’t all in our hands but if we can win our home games and pick up a few points away from home then we have a chance provided these back to back wins for Reading are a temporary blip and normal service is resumed.

Isn’t the last 6 games for Hull: W0 D2 L4? (Oh no, not another debate over Hull’s recent points accumulation ?)