v Peterborough (A) Match Day Thread

ollycutts1982

Getting nothing from our left side going forward, Shinnie been really poor again. Bird not playing the ball through the lines enough.

Morrison & Lawrence are way too far away from CKR to impact us going forward

Edited by DCFC1388

I don’t actually think we’re playing that bad, we look relatively solid and comfortable on the ball with a couple of moments of madness but it’s Derby, to be expected. 

My only gripe is Bird yet again, he has to stop hiding (yet again!) and show for the ball, Morrison and Lawrence are having to drop deep because Bird is terrified of being passed to.

Were still in with a good chance here 

Woeful.

I never learn. I was realistic but as the season starts, I get ridiculously optimistic. I start thinking maybe we're not so bad, maybe we'll do better than I expected.

Some hope.

We are really poor.

Where's those who criticised Cocu's team for passing it around at the back?

Why is Lawrence playing so deep? Getting the ball from the central defenders, then giving it back to them.

So Rooney's tactics are to push the full backs forward. Did anyone tell Forsyth? In fact, is Fozzy even on the pitch.

Shinnie and Bird, short passes going nowhere. Why two players of that type?

Pleased to see Ebosele but he's naive giving away free kicks when attacking.

I despair. This hurts.

1 minute ago, DCFC Kicks said:

I don't understand what Morrison is doing in this game. He's supposed to be playing behind the striker but he's never there and CKR is isolated. He keeps drifting back to get on the ball but has no one to pass to.

I'd take Bird off for Sibley or Jozwiak and move Morrison back alongside Shinnie.

Your saying the job Bird should be doing - building play- he is totally incapable of doing and others are covering for him.   

1 minute ago, Andicis said:

I think some people on here had some unrealistic expectations of this season. I fully anticipated we would struggle at times in this game and expect plenty of this over the season. Certainly could do better with set pieces though. 

It won't be great but I think we will survive this season. We're currently playing a newly promoted side who have conceded 7 goals in two games, have scored none and we look absolutely awful. poo football. Even with what we've got we can do better than this.

I also don't think Byrne and Ebosele are cancelling each other out, I think our offence is just so lopsided it's easy to play against. There's no threat down the middle or the left. If we can show some danger down some alternative channels we'll stretch their defence.

Don't know which of Lawrence or Morrison is supposed to be on the left but whichever one is supposed to be there, they're absent. Use the whole width of the pitch otherwise the overload is crowded out on the right.

With some effective changes I think Festy and Nathan could have a strong second half

This system is crushingly bad. I understand the idea behind pulling a CM into the left back spot to allow the left side forward to come inside and Forsyth/Buchanan to provide an outlet out wide but I just don’t understand doing it both sides. It creates congestion on the sides and loads of space in the middle that we have no one in. 

That’s the reason the ball is doing the old horse shoe around the back of our team today because there’s nothing in the middle. 

10 minutes ago, belperram9 said:

Hahahahaha people still showing Lawrence love..

absolute state of that free kick, he is absolutely crap. Get him off.

it’s the same every season and people just don’t want to accept it. He has done nothing at the club and continues to be pointless. 

The most frustrating thing is he could easily score a 30 yarder at any moment out of nowhere.

1 minute ago, Rammy03 said:

It won't be great but I think we will survive this season. We're currently playing a newly promoted side who have conceded 7 goals in two games, have scored none and we look absolutely awful. poo football. Even with what we've got we can do better than this.

It wasn't a great half, but I don't think Peterborough have been terrible so far today.