v Peterborough (A) Match Day Thread

ollycutts1982

3 minutes ago, Derbados said:

I don’t actually think we’re playing that bad, we look relatively solid and comfortable on the ball with a couple of moments of madness but it’s Derby, to be expected. 

My only gripe is Bird yet again, he has to stop hiding (yet again!) and show for the ball, Morrison and Lawrence are having to drop deep because Bird is terrified of being passed to.

Were still in with a good chance here 

Yes Byrd is wearing his invisibility cloak again. With his new and improved approach Rooney should replace him with Watson. 

3 minutes ago, Silko said:

We still look far better than we did for almost all of last season …. Same problem though nothing up front at all 

Doesn't matter who's up front when the build up play is almost at walking pace.

And 2 of your better attacking options in Lawrence and Morrison are spending most of the game in the opposition half.

Peterborough conceded 3 goals first game. All came from crosses.

We've not put a cross in yet. 

I have no idea what the game plan or tactics are here.

Which is pretty much continuing on from last season.

2 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Woeful.

I never learn. I was realistic but as the season starts, I get ridiculously optimistic. I start thinking maybe we're not so bad, maybe we'll do better than I expected.

Some hope.

We are really poor.

Where's those who criticised Cocu's team for passing it around at the back?

Why is Lawrence playing so deep? Getting the ball from the central defenders, then giving it back to them.

So Rooney's tactics are to push the full backs forward. Did anyone tell Forsyth? In fact, is Fozzy even on the pitch.

Shinnie and Bird, short passes going nowhere. Why two players of that type?

Pleased to see Ebosele but he's naive giving away free kicks when attacking.

I despair. This hurts.

We move shinnie and bird to the right back and left back position so we have no midfield whereas we might as well leave Forsyth and shinnie back there. When bird or shinnie get the ball there’s no pass inside apart from when Lawrence or Morrison come deep then they just give it back to the centre backs or over to ebosele as ckr has no one anyone anywhere near him to feed off him 

Bird has been far superior today to Shinnie. Can’t understand the calls for Bird to be dragged off at half time. He’s tried moving the ball forwards. Some of it not good enough quality but I can’t remember Shinnie trying to pass forwards once today. 

Tell Max to stay central. Pull Shinnie wide to allow Forsyth to push forwards. Get Byrne overlapping Ebosele because he provides quality into the box rather than making him come inside. 

Tell Morrison to stay closer to CKR. 

8 minutes ago, thekingofbuxton said:

Absolute rubbish

Rooney keeps saying we're playing his way this season, well so far it's no different to the garbage we served up last season. 

Too defensive, but not great at it. No flair or threat. 

It looks like we're playing for a 0-0 against a team that have conceded 7 in two games.

If this is the best we can do then we're in more trouble than I thought

Just reminds me of a continuation of cocu ball.. sideways and backwards til we run out of options and either try an aimless punt from the centre back cos he’s run out of options or we gift wrapped possession in a dangerous area 

no support for CKR and v static and ponderous I don’t see a lot has changed other than we’re doing it on a budget now 

7 minutes ago, Derbados said:

I don’t actually think we’re playing that bad, we look relatively solid and comfortable on the ball with a couple of moments of madness but it’s Derby, to be expected. 

My only gripe is Bird yet again, he has to stop hiding (yet again!) and show for the ball, Morrison and Lawrence are having to drop deep because Bird is terrified of being passed to.

Were still in with a good chance here 

For your first point - name one chance we had in that whole half against a team who have conceded 7 in two. 

For the second point, it’s Rooneys bozeyed system that’s meaning the forwards are having to drop deep. Bird is in the vacated RB spot just as Rooney wants which means there’s no one central to provide an option. 

13 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Not quite sure what this new identity of play is,it looks just like last year's.

CDM’s are playing full back and the attacking midfielders are playing at CDM ? but other than that as you say not much different.