v Peterborough (A) Match Day Thread

ollycutts1982

9 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

I hate it when Morrison and Lawrence keep coming deep but they have to as it’s just backwards and sideways back there. In fairness ckr should never be a first choice striker 

Agree with the first part, the system isn’t working for us.

On the second it doesn’t really matter who we have up there at the moment. I could be playing up there as the only option the striker has is to close down the defenders

1 minute ago, Edtheram said:

Get Bird off 

He’s been ducking terrible 

needs a ducking rocket up his ass 

too slow on the ball it’s painful 

Put Morrison back their take bird off and put sibley higher up 

I’d probably get jos on for Festy soonish

Talent but omg he’s raw needs time he’s not ready to be our big Hope just yet 

that burden needs to go back into sibleys young shoulders 

Just now, Srg said:

IMorrison and Lawrence keep coming deep because Bird and Shinnie can’t do any playmaking. Then they look forward and there’s no one there. No support anywhere near Colin. Forsyth stood in the left wing for no reason because we haven’t dared pass to him. Byrne’s best attribute is bombing on and Ebosele on the same side is stifling that. Rooneyball is aids. Problems at the club or not, this side should be more coherent than this. 

Not quite sure what this new identity of play is,it looks just like last year's.

6 minutes ago, tombomb said:

I've been saying it for a year now. Max bird doesn't show for defenders so others have to run 30 yards deep to do it for him. Max bird needs to move to find space. Not good enough 

Would really disagree with that. It isn't saying much but he has been one of the better ones today. Much better than Shinnie.

Our main problem is Lawrence and Morrison need swapping over. 

Morrison is much better at picking up the ball in midfield and we are only currently attacking down one side.

I'm not against Sibley or Jozwiak coming on for Shinnie and morrison playing deeper.

2 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

It's not a good tactic though is it. It just drags our midfield wide out of position, leaves a gaping hole in the middle of the pitch. Then Morrison and Lawrence, two attacking players who need the ball high up the pitch, have to keep coming deep. 

Lawrence and Morrison are the only ones who can move the ball quickly. Thats why it's set up that way. It is creating space down the flanks but agree it's leaving CKR exposed. Can see what he's trying to do though. Need better final balls over the top for me and for one of the two who don't dont drop to sit closer to CKR/ drop in that space.

3 minutes ago, Nuwtfly said:

Is anybody able to discern any sort of plan/style of play here? There’s enough quality on the pitch there to be playing a lot, lot better than this. 

Yes I agree. But we just don't have the players.

Edited by Rammy03

2 minutes ago, Srg said:

Morrison and Lawrence keep coming deep because Bird and Shinnie can’t do any playmaking. Then they look forward and there’s no one there. No support anywhere near Colin. Forsyth stood in the left wing for no reason because we haven’t dared pass to him. Byrne’s best attribute is bombing on and Ebosele on the same side is stifling that. Rooneyball is aids. Problems at the club or not, this side should be more coherent than this. 

Aye, Shinnie or Bird have to come off. Morrison deep, as he's there anyway, and get Sibley on. Ebosele and Byrne canceling each other's games out. I'd put Ebosele RB and Jozwiak on too. 

Just now, Barney1991 said:

Get bird off or shinnie off move Morrison back and put sibley on 

It will make no difference unless we change the organisation . Bird and Shinnie are too wide and Lawrence and Morrison are dripping in to pick up the ball and it limits us regarding forward players.