v Peterborough (A) Match Day Thread

ollycutts1982

1 minute ago, Nuwtfly said:

Is anybody able to discern any sort of plan/style of play here? There’s enough quality on the pitch there to be playing a lot, lot better than this. 

Pass around for 5 minutes have our 2 cdms who can’t pick a pass wait for Lawrence or Morrison to drop on to float a ball over to ebosele to either beat his man or over run the ball 

Absolute rubbish

Rooney keeps saying we're playing his way this season, well so far it's no different to the garbage we served up last season. 

Too defensive, but not great at it. No flair or threat. 

It looks like we're playing for a 0-0 against a team that have conceded 7 in two games.

If this is the best we can do then we're in more trouble than I thought

Yet another boring half of football. Ebosele was bright but as soon as they noticed he's literally our only avenue of attack we had nothing.

Neither Lawrence nor Morrison are playing on the left, so we just have no one there. Both are dropping back to pick up the ball between the defenders with Bird and Shinnie.

It seems Rooney is also asking Bryne to play as an inverted wing back, which means we miss his overlaps - one of the best parts of his game.

I'm not sure this new identity he wants for us is going to pan out. I like that he's trying something new but we could do with keeping it simple with how thin this squad is. 

1 minute ago, WystonRam said:

It will make no difference unless we change the organisation . Bird and Shinnie are too wide and Lawrence and Morrison are dripping in to pick up the ball and it limits us regarding forward players.

Thats Rooneys new style of play

4 minutes ago, Srg said:

Sibley on through the middle to get near Colin. Bird off, drop Morrison next to Shinnie. Lawrence on the left. Jozwiak for Ebosele. 

This is exactly what we need. Why we didn't start the game like that I'll never know. How bad does max bird need to play to be dropped? 

Edited by tombomb

The main problem we have is lack of anywhere to go with the ball.

Lawrence and Morrison both want to come and and get the ball deep when they should be the players Bird and Shinnie are getting the ball to. Byrne can’t get forward because Festy is in his space and by Festy being out wide we are missing g one of our attacking midfielders coming inside and getting in pockets of space. 

It just means CKR gets so isolated when he should have at least 2 maybe 3 getting closer. 

Personally Id have Morrison deeper anyway. I don’t think he has the desire to run behind and get in the box. He may be creative but not at a forward player. 

I think it’s where we miss Sibley and / or Joz….and to a degree even Hutchinson….where midweek (granted it was only Salford) they looked to get in the box and beyond Stretton. 

I’m sure most would’ve taken 0-0 at HT though and we do have options on the bench to change that later on.

Edited by Ravabeerbelly

2 minutes ago, WystonRam said:

It will make no difference unless we change the organisation . Bird and Shinnie are too wide and Lawrence and Morrison are dripping in to pick up the ball and it limits us regarding forward players.

It's awful. Change this tactic now. Just play some football it's not rocket science