v Peterborough (A) Match Day Thread

ollycutts1982

Derby v Peterborough Utd

Saturday 14th August

12:30 kick off

Live on Sky (am I allowed to put that?)

First away game of the season so let’s hope for a positive result. We’ve added Ravel so a little more depth to the squad. 

Much the same team as Huddersfield with the only real debate as to whether Morrison will start. For me I’d start him instead of Watson. It’s between him and Joz and I just feel experience is needed. Sibbo didn’t really follow up his cameo on Saturday with a performance last night so his impact will be from the bench for me. 

I don’t know why but I feel we can build on the decent start with another result here. 

COYR

1 minute ago, ollycutts1982 said:

Derby v Peterborough Utd

Saturday 14th August

12:30 kick off

Live on Sky (am I allowed to put that?)

First away game of the season so let’s hope for a positive result. We’ve added Ravel so a little more depth to the squad. 

Much the same team as Huddersfield with the only real debate as to whether Morrison will start. For me I’d start him instead of Watson. It’s between him and Joz and I just feel experience is needed. Sibbo didn’t really follow up his cameo on Saturday with a performance last night so his impact will be from the bench for me. 

I don’t know why but I feel we can build on the decent start with another result here. 

COYR

Olly, I always knew you were going to take us on a winning run. Another game on Sky too, avoiding the need to get the car out of the garage. 

If it's the same team as against Huddersfield we'll likely have to sit deep and hope to catch them on the break. Marriott and is it Maddison could be a handful and if we have a relatively high line then they could easily get in behind us as Stearman looks like he has 2 or 3 mistakes in him per game.

I think we likely have to start Sibley as until he got on the pitch against Huddersfield we lacked any real attacking edge to the team. I'd drop Bird in favour of Morrison to pair up in the middle so we've got some linkage between attack and midfield ideally. It's a game that could tell us a little about where we are, it's another team like Huddersfield tipped for the drop so it could be a good marker for where we are. 

47 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

If it's the same team as against Huddersfield we'll likely have to sit deep and hope to catch them on the break. Marriott and is it Maddison could be a handful and if we have a relatively high line then they could easily get in behind us as Stearman looks like he has 2 or 3 mistakes in him per game.

I think we likely have to start Sibley as until he got on the pitch against Huddersfield we lacked any real attacking edge to the team. I'd drop Bird in favour of Morrison to pair up in the middle so we've got some linkage between attack and midfield ideally. It's a game that could tell us a little about where we are, it's another team like Huddersfield tipped for the drop so it could be a good marker for where we are. 

10 quid bet on us to win returns 36. Crazy odds who do they think we are playing, Fulham ?

He won’t do it but I’d quite like to see Sibley over Watson and Morrison over Bird.

Let Morrison spray passes but the problem then is you need willing runners behind the lines and into channels. Lawrence, Joz and CKR all want the ball into feet.

It’ll be a war of attrition therefore more than anything this game.

51 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

If it's Marcus Maddison that you're on about then he now plays for Spalding United in the 7th tier 

Roos

Byrne     Stearman    Davies       Forsyth

Watson    Morrison   Shinnie

Ebosele                                   Lawrence

Kazim

Allsop / Cashin / Wiliams / Bird / Sibley / Jozwiak / Stretton

(I assume McDonald and Buchanan are still unavailable? Bit harsh on Hutchison but I think that'd be my 18)

23 minutes ago, Rampant said:

Roos

Kazim

(I assume McDonald and Buchanan are still unavailable? Bit harsh on Hutchison but I think that'd be my 18)

May as well swap Cash and Hutchinson as Cash can’t play anyway until the embargo is lifted.

6 hours ago, Rammy03 said:

If it's Marcus Maddison that you're on about then he now plays for Spalding United in the 7th tier 

Ah, is that why I have not seen Maddison in his annual appearance in our Transfer Forum. Always used to tickle me how many thought he could be the answer to our prayers in the attacking half of the field. Mind you when Mel has finished his reign, Maddison’s experience in the 7th tier could actually prove very handy for us.

1 hour ago, Rampant said:

Roos

Kazim

Others have said Byrne and Ebosele can’t play well together. Would certainly need some adjustment from their usual approach because they both want to do the same thing. Would be interested to see it though 

1 hour ago, i-Ram said:

Ah, is that why I have not seen Maddison in his annual appearance in our Transfer Forum. Always used to tickle me how many thought he could be the answer to our prayers in the attacking half of the field. Mind you when Mel has finished his reign, Maddison’s experience in the 7th tier could actually prove very handy for us.

I believe he has dropped down to non league to focus on his mental health and family. Talked about his demons last season i think while on loan at Bolton.