v Peterborough (A) Match Day Thread

ollycutts1982

Roos

Byrne Davies Stearman Buchanan

Shinnie

Morrison.         Sibley

Jozwiak.    CKR.    Lawrence.

Obviously Buchanan is doubtful. So Forsyth left back if he is.

Peterborough have conceded 7 goals in 2 games so I'd like to see us play a bit more attacking and play one CDM. Can always have Morrison drop back if needed. 

I get the people saying Ebosele should start.

I just think impact off the bench against tired full backs could be better.

Jozwiak needs games to build up his match fitness.

FWIW I think Rooney will play Bird and there's no chance he'll play Sibley.

I think with Peterborough needing a win in front of their home fans, they will have to come onto us. With a slow defence I’d look to play on the break. So I’d line up:

Roos 

Byrne   Davies Stearman   Fozzy

Bird     Shinnie 

Joz         Lawrence     Morrison 

CKR

would consider Ebosele but can’t see him dropping captain Tom or Morrison 

I would be surprised if the starting XI isn't: 

Roos

Byrne      Davies      Stearman     Buchanan

Shinnie           Bird

Ebosele         Morrison       Lawrence

Kazim

I think Joz was played to build up fitness on Tuesday, so can't see him getting a starting role on Saturday. Ebosele, I think, will replace him. Morrison in for Watson, again who has played back-to-back games, with Lawrence. Shinnie and Bird were rested in the cup game so logic states they will go back into the team. If Buchanan is fit then I'd imagine he starts, I can't see Forsyth playing three 90 minute games in a row. 

It almost picks itself based on minutes people have played. 

30 minutes ago, Ravabeerbelly said:

Why are you bringing Cashin into a squad when it was clearly stated he wasn’t included in the last one due to restrictions on players of “professional standing”?

There's no one else?. He can sit on the bench like he did against Huddersfield. 

1 minute ago, Chris_Martin said:

There's no one else?. He can sit on the bench like he did against Huddersfield. 

Harsh on Jordan Brown and Isaac Hutchinson who both did well Tuesday and are both in the 23 man professional squad if you leave them out for someone who can’t even register ???

Roos

Byrne Stearman Davies Forsyth

Morrison Shinnie

Ebosele Lawrence Jozwiak

CKR

Would like to see Morrison more advanced at some point but for now I'd keep him in the same role as Tuesday. Ebosele gets a much deserved start down the right. 

Roos 

Byrne 

Stearman

Davies 

Fozzy 

Ravel 

Shinnie 

Watson 

Lawrence 

CKR 

Ebosele 

Isn’t it weird that that line up actually looks fairly balanced with experience and only 2 academy grads? 

I went to the Salford game and Ebosele will be a firm fans favourite. Really impressed with his pace he just seems to be able to take an extra touch in the area due to his pace and power. You can’t touch him in the box as he’ll win penalties all day. 

Watson and sibley are the dilemma, one of them plays and I was really impressed with how Watson demands the ball off players and dishes out telling off when he doesn’t get it. 

Fozzy in as Buchanan injured I’d imagine, I think Buchanan will be big this season too getting forward with Lawrence. 

In all fairness we now have full backs and wingers capable of causing issues on both sides goal scorer in CKR (hopefully Stretton gets more minutes as the season progresses too) and potentially a player in Ravel that can move the ball forwards from defenders. 

The big thing for me is; yes let’s keep possession but let’s do it by playing into the midfielders feet and getting them on the half turn. The defenders will have both Ravel and Watson asking for it to feet rather than no one last season. 

1 hour ago, LeedsRam1999 said:

I think with Peterborough needing a win in front of their home fans, they will have to come onto us. With a slow defence I’d look to play on the break.

Think your sentiment is spot on. My gut feeling is that Posh are a bit of a bogey team for us. Plus, they have had a shocking start to life in this division. Imagine they will start all guns blazing. We will need to be really resolute for the first 20 minutes so would be tempted to play Forsyth above Buchanan. Good chance we can win this but would be happy with a point.