v Peterborough (A) Match Day Thread

ollycutts1982

6 minutes ago, David said:

Just listening now to the podcast on Spotify, speaks kindly of Mel....even calls him a good owner compared to what he's seen across the EFL and thinks he needs to be cut some slack by the fans. Yikes.

Can imagine some listening to this ?

Screenshot 2021-08-12 at 13.31.14.png

That was you when he was slagging Lampard off!

1 hour ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

Strong take from the Peterborough owner here:

He's not wrong to be fair.

Starting Bennett in that final was a huge mistake. I will never forget the feeling I had when I saw the team sheet an hour before kickoff, my heart just sank. I knew we'd lost.

And the thing is, it took us to go 2-0 down and Marriott to come on the pitch for us to actually start playing football. For the last half an hour we were all over them. Another 5 minutes and we would have got that equaliser.

24 minutes ago, DCFC Kicks said:

image.png.aedae5a233be829ba7874a70ca56b214.png

Like to see us play on the counter with Bird and Morrison playing the long balls to the wingers.

I can see Morrison being hit-or-miss all season, might have to be subbed at half time sometimes.

I think it'll look like that when we're in possession, Bird dropping back when out to look more like the 4-2-3-1 with Ravel in the free 10 ahead of bird-shinnie. lot of words for i think we'll shape up the same but i'd like bird to get forward more.

1 minute ago, Rammy03 said:

Starting Bennett in that final was a huge mistake. I will never forget the feeling I had when I saw the team sheet an hour before kickoff, my heart just sank. I knew we'd lost.

I've heard a lot of people say this. That wasn't my experience, probably because I was busy on the beer.

But obviously looking back it was a silly decision.

1 minute ago, Rammy03 said:

And the thing is, it took us to go 2-0 down and Marriott to come on the pitch for us to actually start playing football. For the last half an hour we were all over them. Another 5 minutes and we would have got that equaliser.

Worst feeling at Wembey - 92 minuts v QPR or 2.00PM BEFOER playing Villa?

2 minutes ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I've heard a lot of people say this. That wasn't my experience, probably because I was busy on the beer.

But obviously looking back it was a silly decision.

Lampard started both Huddlestone and Johnson as well. Something he didn't do before. It's no wonder we played awful. The moment he took Huddlestone and Bennett off, and put two strikers on, we were much the better side.

11 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

Lampard saw it as a 120 min game and new none of our forwards were capable of even playing 90.
It therefore made a lot of sense to finish with our best forwards, as Bennett would tire their defenders first

5 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Rooney's XI

Roos
Byrne   Stearman   Davies   Forsyth
Bird   Shinnie
Jozwiak   Lawrence   Ravel
Kazim

Subs: Allsop, Ebosele, Buchanan/Williams, Watson, Sibley, Hutchinson, Stretton

That formation could be very promising if Bird and Shinnie play really well.

1 hour ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Worst feeling at Wembey - 92 minuts v QPR or 2.00PM BEFOER playing Villa?

Watched that game today. After 67 minutes we took off Hughes and Russell bringing on Dawkins and Bryson. So many good players in our team and a strange choice not starting with Bryson. Fozzy, Bucko and Keogh triple whammy. 

1 hour ago, Rampage said:

Watched that game today. After 67 minutes we took off Hughes and Russell bringing on Dawkins and Bryson. So many good players in our team and a strange choice not starting with Bryson. Fozzy, Bucko and Keogh triple whammy. 

Fozzy, Bucko and Keogh played very well……

2 hours ago, Rampage said:

He started with the team that absolutely dismantled Brighton in the semi (for which Bryson had been injured). 

Given that was the best performance I'd seen from the Rams for several years there was at least a rationale, but sadly it didn't work out. 

5 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

He started with the team that absolutely dismantled Brighton in the semi (for which Bryson had been injured). 

Given that was the best performance I'd seen from the Rams for several years there was at least a rationale, but sadly it didn't work out. 

I went for the team that started.