Stupid ticket system

oomarkwright

I thought it would be nice to take my mum and dad to the game on Tuesday. 

I've done this before several times for league or FA Cup games. No problems buying 3 tickets. 

NOW- been trying for the last hour to buy 3 tickets. Turns out I have the wrong age bracket for the ticket and I can't buy tickets for other people as well as myself. They both have to be on my 'family or friends' list. They both have to have fan ID numbers AND also seperate email addresses and theyve ever only shared one. 

I mean how ridiculous is this system? They've said give up. Dont bother because they could see I was getting pished off and frustrated. 

So I may have another go tommorow night but if unsuccessful that's £40 the clubs lost out on, and they seem to need as much income as possible, so why make it so stupidly difficult to buy tickets!!!! ???

I’m afraid this is due to the covid regulations the club has to have the details for every supporter attending the game.

one way to ease the pain on this is if you have a google email is you can put . Anywhere in you original emaiL to create unique addresses as far as dcfc are concerned but all tickets go to you main address

3 minutes ago, JABBA said:

I’m afraid this is due to the covid regulations the club has to have the details for every supporter attending the game.

one way to ease the pain on this is if you have a google email is you can put . Anywhere in you original emaiL to create unique addresses as far as dcfc are concerned but all tickets go to you main address

To be fair, even before covid, Derby needed to know who tickets were being sold to in case of trouble - not that I imagine @oomarkwright's mum and dad are vandals! 

That's  a good tip about Google mail addresses - I didn't know that.

10 minutes ago, oomarkwright said:

I thought it would be nice to take my mum and dad to the game on Tuesday. 

I've done this before several times for league or FA Cup games. No problems buying 3 tickets. 

NOW- been trying for the last hour to buy 3 tickets. Turns out I have the wrong age bracket for the ticket and I can't buy tickets for other people as well as myself. They both have to be on my 'family or friends' list. They both have to have fan ID numbers AND also seperate email addresses and theyve ever only shared one. 

I mean how ridiculous is this system? They've said give up. Dont bother because they could see I was getting pished off and frustrated. 

So I may have another go tommorow night but if unsuccessful that's £40 the clubs lost out on, and they seem to need as much income as possible, so why make it so stupidly difficult to buy tickets!!!! ???

It seems overly ridiculous. Fear not, I am sure the financial reasons for closing our ticket office and phone lines will soon be explained to us in the usual clear, concise and communicative way. I know every other club has a ticket office and working phone line but out club is no doubt a pioneer in this field for reasons mere mortals such as us can’t understand.

Dont give up because there will be a lot to enjoy this season as we watch a bunch of dedicated players with an ‘us against the world’ attitude. 

1 minute ago, B4ev6is said:

My dad had issues trying get peterboro tickets it took over an hour and dad tried 3 different devices.

Honestly id have given up after about 2mins. Credit to your dad but i have zero patience with stuff like that & im sure many other fans feel the same  

5 minutes ago, Philmycock said:

He should pay cash

Well i think if ticket office was open I think paying by cash is so more simply.

I heard loud of people about being force pay by card were some people only brought cash with them and kids moaning why cant have what they want to eat.

And for a bit more balance, well not really.................

Give a man a plane ticket and he'll fly for a day. Push a man out of a plane, and he'll fly for the rest of his life!

I've opted to try and get the misses to buy me and the boys some tickets for Aberdeen FC tomorrow, for their second leg European tie on Thursday night at Pittodrie, and if she has any trouble doing so, well what the heck!

We have a retired friend, doesn’t use a computer, is in the older age bracket. He’s been a season ticket holder for many years. He simply couldn’t go on Saturday. We tried to get his ticket for him but it said he was linked to another user (doesn’t know who). Nobody answered phone or numerous emails to ticket office or SLO. 
The club needs money and good will more than ever but got neither on Saturday from this fan! 

9 hours ago, angieram said:

To be fair, even before covid, Derby needed to know who tickets were being sold to in case of trouble - not that I imagine @oomarkwright's mum and dad are vandals! 

That's  a good tip about Google mail addresses - I didn't know that.

Yes its been like that for ages. Took my mum for a game in Frank's season and had to get her an ID and just create a gmail for it. She has no idea she has an email address! The difference if in Derby you could have popped to the ticket office

6 minutes ago, CBRammette said:

Yes its been like that for ages. Took my mum for a game in Frank's season and had to get her an ID and just create a gmail for it. She has no idea she has an email address! The difference if in Derby you could have popped to the ticket office

We always used to pick our tickets up by hand. Enjoyed a run to Derby, coffee in the Backyard, maybe see one or two more regulars, have a chat.

Not saying I don't miss it, but we have had no trouble adapting to online ticketing either. There is usually a way around these things if people want to find one. 

Just as an aside, our GP surgery has only offered econsultations since the pandemic and we've had to adapt to that too! 

I’m now stressing about tickets for Hull, no mention about when they will be on sale and we will be travelling to Peterborough on Saturday and then to Great Yarmouth for a couple of days and then straight up to Hull . If the away tickets are only being posted out that means I need to receive the ticket by Friday. If they were available to collect from the ticket office I would just go and pick up from there. Hotel already booked in Hull.