Stupid ticket system

oomarkwright

1 hour ago, SFox1993 said:

Why have they got rid of the mobile ticket option ffs! Im not paying for them to send me a ticket as ive already paid for my season ticket , and i dont have a printer, get in the 21st century for gods sake!

You don't have to pay. This is on the faq for the boro and Forest matches

"There is a £1 postal fee per transaction; however, 2020/21 Season Ticket Holders will not be charged a postal fee when applying for their own home league match tickets on a match-by-match basis."

Edited by DJAY

15 minutes ago, DJAY said:

"There is a £1 postal fee per transaction; however, 2020/21 Season Ticket Holders will not be charged a postal fee when applying for their own home league match tickets on a match-by-match basis."

Or go to someone with and ask nicely to see If you can borrow a printer plus ticket office be open again soon.

7 hours ago, rammieib said:

Of course I did. I'm talking about last minute folk who may see that, and think "No Thanks"

What’s the issue exactly? We out on limited number of tickets that have sold so well that last minute there’s not much choice left. Isnt that what we want to happen?

I have previously used a screenshot of the barcode to get in, using my phone. I'm going to try to do the same thing with the QR code against boro, but I am taking a printed one just in case. It's just a case of orientating a screenshot on your phone so the QR code is the way round as it would be on the paper when folded. This may be important, because your phone will only fit in the reader one way.

1 hour ago, davenportram said:

What’s the issue exactly? We out on limited number of tickets that have sold so well that last minute there’s not much choice left. Isnt that what we want to happen?

Do you actually think that when we have only sold 4700 seats, that only showing one block in the bottom corner of the South stand as being available is going to encourage last minute people to buy a ticket?

My point is, the club is failing abysmally at the moment to maximise revenue opportunities and that lies fully with SP and MM.

1 hour ago, DJAY said:

That's wierd, they charged me a quid?

Not fussed mind.

19 minutes ago, angieram said:

Lots of people struggling to get their phone codes read last night, so this may be why they have discontinued that option.

hmmm.  Not so sure about that.  In real time (working hours), that's finding out there was a problem (last night), discussing and decision making, then actioning, including actual IT amendments... all between (I assume?) 8am at the earliest, or more likely 9am this morning, and 10am when the sales went live.

My guess is this decision was already made before last night's game... not that I have a clue as to how or why they came to such a decision, of course?

14 minutes ago, SFox1993 said:

Are they issuing new cards for season ticket holders does anyone know?

2021/22 Season Tickets will go on sale next Wednesday, 18th August, and will be valid from Derby’s home match against Stoke City on Saturday 18th September. Priced accordingly for 20 Sky Bet Championship home league fixtures, Season Tickets will be on sale until Thursday 30th September.

Further information including pricing, longevity discounts and cards will be released early next week.

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2021/08/middlesbrough-and-forest-ticket-information-plus-season-ticket-update

EDIT:
Just to confirm... Yes, definitely new cards this season. 
There was a statement/tweet a few weeks back, that the internal workings of the previous season cards have now expired.  Old cards are now dead.  They have ceased to be.  They are no more.

Edited by Mucker1884

On 08/08/2021 at 22:17, angieram said:

To be fair, even before covid, Derby needed to know who tickets were being sold to in case of trouble - not that I imagine @oomarkwright's mum and dad are vandals! 

That's  a good tip about Google mail addresses - I didn't know that.

The other thing is that if you have an Apple device and an Apple ID .. they give you an iCloud email automatically . So whatever Mail you use in the everyday world, you’ve got an iCloud one as well 

2 hours ago, DJAY said:

6 minutes ago, Rev said:

That's wierd, they charged me a quid?

Not fussed mind.

Must admit, the impression I got was that I'd be charged £1 per ticket posted, as everything else (Print option and both actual match tickets themselves) was marked down as a clear and obvious £0.

Not that I have a problem with the print option, and all appears to have printed ok, so all good here. ??

7 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

Must admit, the impression I got was that I'd be charged £1 per ticket posted, as everything else (Print option and both actual match tickets themselves) was marked down as a clear and obvious £0.

Not that I have a problem with the print option, and all appears to have printed ok, so all good here. ??

It was just a quid for all 4 tickets. I also don't have a printer.

42 minutes ago, rammieib said:

Do you actually think that when we have only sold 4700 seats, that only showing one block in the bottom corner of the South stand as being available is going to encourage last minute people to buy a ticket?

My point is, the club is failing abysmally at the moment to maximise revenue opportunities and that lies fully with SP and MM.

You don’t want 4700 fans dotted around the stadium, the atmosphere would be terrible whilst paying for extra stewards.

They clearly expected a low turn out so only opened blocks once others are either filled or near full. It makes perfect sense. 

This isn’t even a new thing, I remember them doing it with away tickets at one point, one block at a time. 

1 hour ago, ram59 said:

It's just a case of orientating a screenshot on your phone so the QR code is the way round as it would be on the paper when folded. This may be important, because your phone will only fit in the reader one way.

QR codes are not orientation specific as the scanner reads them from all angles, so it doesn't matter one jot.

42 minutes ago, Mucker1884 said:

2021/22 Season Tickets will go on sale next Wednesday, 18th August, and will be valid from Derby’s home match against Stoke City on Saturday 18th September. Priced accordingly for 20 Sky Bet Championship home league fixtures, Season Tickets will be on sale until Thursday 30th September.

Further information including pricing, longevity discounts and cards will be released early next week.

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/news/2021/08/middlesbrough-and-forest-ticket-information-plus-season-ticket-update

EDIT:
Just to confirm... Yes, definitely new cards this season. 
There was a statement/tweet a few weeks back, that the internal workings of the previous season cards have now expired.  Old cards are now dead.  They have ceased to be.  They are no more.

Appreciate you giving me the info mate ?

On 09/08/2021 at 00:05, Inverurie Ram said:

And for a bit more balance, well not really.................

Give a man a plane ticket and he'll fly for a day. Push a man out of a plane, and he'll fly for the rest of his life!

I've opted to try and get the misses to buy me and the boys some tickets for Aberdeen FC tomorrow, for their second leg European tie on Thursday night at Pittodrie, and if she has any trouble doing so, well what the heck!

For a bit more balance, regarding Aberdeen tickets. I thought I'd treat the kids with them still on school holiday to a European game of football. I tried to use the two free tickets my boys have for being AberDNA members, I couldn't use them, as I was informed they are for league games only. I couldn't get into the family Merkland Stand as it was sold out, so I opted for the sellers second choice of the South Stand, the seller didn't mention the price and I agreed, so my kids tickets for a 7 year old are £10 and a 11 year old are £10 and mine is £32, a total of £52. I wasn't prepared to pay for the postage also, so the misses agreed to pick them up at the ground yesterday, as the ticket office js closed at 5pm, and nearly 3 hours before kick off on the Thursday night, of the game, and I would have to take time off work to pick them up and travel a round trip of 30 miles or so, to do so.

I asked to do the print at home tickets, but they have stopped doing them, I don't own the necessary mobile for the scanning option, so the misses went at lunch time to pick them up at the ground, and met a queue with a few hundred people in it, she stuck around for 15 minutes or so, with the queue hardly moving, and she didn't want to miss a meeting at work, even though she had a minute or so to text me, giving me grief. She opted to leave her work earlier in the evening and got there just before 5pm to get the tickets. 

I received an e-mail with ticket confirmation with time slots for when ticket holders can enter the ground, 6:00-6:30, 6:30 - 7:00 & 7:00-7:30 and I can only thank God that we are in the last time slot, as I'd hate to be in the ground for nearly two hours with two bored kids, that would want to eat and drink everything from the club food kiosk at the top of the stand, no fancy concourse to hang out with the kids at Pittodrie. I'm also not under cover, as that's what they sold me, and it's bound to wazz it down. So when I've paid for travel and food, we could round the cost to about £80.

A bit of me is hoping for entertainment, goals, excitement, but another bit of me, is hoping for 0-0, with the kids being not in a hurry to go again!

It's not just Derby County, every other football club is affected by COVID and all the other hassles.

1 hour ago, David said:

You don’t want 4700 fans dotted around the stadium, the atmosphere would be terrible whilst paying for extra stewards.

They clearly expected a low turn out so only opened blocks once others are either filled or near full. It makes perfect sense. 

This isn’t even a new thing, I remember them doing it with away tickets at one point, one block at a time. 

I agree on the dotted, and it was better having them bunched, but why not open the next block up? Why when they first put the tickets up, there were only three blocks available in the West, the furthest on the left, furthest on the right and one in the middle. That just doesn't make sense?

10 hours ago, Mucker1884 said:

Technically, I'm not sure that's correct.  Not according to the Covid rules we still have to accept, agree to, and supposedly adhere to, when purchasing a ticket.

Still, I personally don't have a problem with "spreading out".  Nor do I have a problem with those that do, or indeed those "that allow it".
I wouldn't be averse to doing the same, should the opportunity arise.

If they were to police the covid rules, I'd much rather they concentrated on point 5, rather than point 4, even if the former is only "Advised".  

https://www.dcfc.co.uk/page/covid-19-supporters-code-of-conduct

EDIT:
Ooh... Just noticed that link doesn't include a point 6!
Should we be up in arms about that?  A protest of some kind, perhaps?  Maybe a statement of apology/explanation from our corner flag? 

#shrambles

It would be interesting to see that policed. South stand centre packed last night. The outer south empty. Those who may be anxious could easily move to space. Would have liked the uproar if stewards tried to force them back into the non spaced moss pit in the middle 

23 minutes ago, minesahartington said:

It would be interesting to see that policed. South stand centre packed last night. The outer south empty. Those who may be anxious could easily move to space. Would have liked the uproar if stewards tried to force them back into the non spaced moss pit in the middle 

Oh don't get me wrong, I didn't expect, in my wildest dreams, for them to police their own "rules", and if truth be told, I based my decision to return to a live game on the very assumption that it wouldn't be policed in a million years!  (I'm not as daft as I often appear!)

But... BUT... DCFC have laid certain stipulations within their official covid rules (Or whatever the fancy title is), and have made a point of ensuring that we all tick a box to abide by them, before we can confirm a ticket purchase.
I know for a fact (as I read it with my own eyes) that some on here opted to return for a live game based on those very rules, and their assumption that said rules would be followed and/or policed.
DCFC could do a lot worse than to just wipe that page... and the aforementioned tick box... from their website, as they are not kidding anyone now, as we all know how it's gonna be!

It's up to individuals to decide whether we are comfortable with it, or not.    ?

*"Policed" may be the wrong term, in fairness, as some points are "Advisable" rather than a must, but hopefully my point stands?