Stupid ticket system

oomarkwright

15 hours ago, Cook1988 said:

How do I print my forest ticket? So I've renewed and bought a forest ticket at the same time as season ticket on direct debit but I can't see where to get my forest ticket. 

Unless they are not out yet 

I got an email straightaway after paying from 'ticket.office@dcfc.co.uk' with the ticket attached as a pdf.

Check your spam folder.

Edit; I did select "print at home" as part of the booking process, (I think the other option was an e-ticket on your phone)?

Edited by Grumpy Git

2 hours ago, simmoram1995 said:

It seems that the ticket office is back open my dad isn’t too tech savvy so managed to speak to the club secretary who sorted out his tickets. I agree the whole ticketing is a bit of a farce.

just out of interest I’m in two minds about buying a season ticket this year as I’ll be visiting my partner every other weekend in Lincoln would it be worth getting one or be cheaper just buying the individual tickets as I know Derby has a variable pricing structure?

Depends how often you want to go and your previous history/refund status, a season ticket holder gets a 30% or 35% or 40% discount on the individual ticket price depending on the number of years a season ticket has been held. You may also get an additional 10% off depending on what refund option you chose for 19/20.

Ignoring the extra 10% and assuming you've held a season ticket for less than 5 years, you'd need to want to attend 70% of the 20 games (14 games) to make it worthwhile. Adjust this accordingly depending on your circumstances but it'll likely be in the 12-14 game range to make it worthwhile.

2 hours ago, Carnero said:

Depends how often you want to go and your previous history/refund status, a season ticket holder gets a 30% or 35% or 40% discount on the individual ticket price depending on the number of years a season ticket has been held. You may also get an additional 10% off depending on what refund option you chose for 19/20.

Ignoring the extra 10% and assuming you've held a season ticket for less than 5 years, you'd need to want to attend 70% of the 20 games (14 games) to make it worthwhile. Adjust this accordingly depending on your circumstances but it'll likely be in the 12-14 game range to make it worthwhile.

That's worth a bill of £150.00 if you're at work isn't it? 

No excuses but its not just us. Just listening to 5live phone in with Robbie Savage and caller rang to moan about issues at Man City whereby her 80 odd year old neighbour who has had a season ticket since 1956 hasnt been able to sort out his ticket as has no computer, email, smartphone or printer. So they have done it for him this week. Football really doesnt care does it? Very sad state of affairs

2 hours ago, CBRammette said:

No excuses but its not just us. Just listening to 5live phone in with Robbie Savage and caller rang to moan about issues at Man City whereby her 80 odd year old neighbour who has had a season ticket since 1956 hasnt been able to sort out his ticket as has no computer, email, smartphone or printer. So they have done it for him this week. Football really doesnt care does it? Very sad state of affairs

In fairness to football clubs they’re not the only ones taking advantage of covid to accelerate the process of making their systems more efficient - how many GP surgeries now consult online or over the phone, cars are being sold and bought online without you leaving your armchair, more and more shops are cashless, businesses are encouraging staff to work from home so that they can have smaller offices, you pay restaurant bills via an app - and so the list goes on.

Some customers will vote with their feet, others will give up, most will adapt because they'll have to, either by learning new ways or by getting others to help. New businesses will develop to help fill in the gaps.  Twas ever thus.

15 minutes ago, ilkleyram said:

In fairness to football clubs they’re not the only ones taking advantage of covid to accelerate the process of making their systems more efficient - how many GP surgeries now consult online or over the phone, cars are being sold and bought online without you leaving your armchair, more and more shops are cashless, businesses are encouraging staff to work from home so that they can have smaller offices, you pay restaurant bills via an app - and so the list goes on.

Some customers will vote with their feet, others will give up, most will adapt because they'll have to, either by learning new ways or by getting others to help. New businesses will develop to help fill in the gaps.  Twas ever thus.

Gp phone worest thing ever you can be on the phone for ages get number 1 I the que for just to say sorry your call can not be compelted what wrong with face to face contact.

3 hours ago, CBRammette said:

Ornaments for the TV pictures at that level, innocent victims of cost cutting just to keep going for us.

7 hours ago, ilkleyram said:

how many GP surgeries now consult online or over the phone.

I have to tell you this incident, I was in my local surgery a few months back for a blood and urine test(just old age check up)while waiting a man came in and wanted to make an appointment, Receptionist said she was not allowed to at the surgery YOU HAVE to phone in, He said he tried countless times but always got cut off after waiting ages, She appologised and gave him a number., He rang and got straight through, It was the receptionist he was looking at her speaking to make the appointment...my urine trickled down my legs.

2 hours ago, Unlucky Alf said:

I have to tell you this incident, I was in my local surgery a few months back for a blood and urine test(just old age check up)while waiting a man came in and wanted to make an appointment, Receptionist said she was not allowed to at the surgery YOU HAVE to phone in, He said he tried countless times but always got cut off after waiting ages, She appologised and gave him a number., He rang and got straight through, It was the receptionist he was looking at her speaking to make the appointment...my urine trickled down my legs.

Unlucky, Alf.