Stupid ticket system

oomarkwright

I thought I'd take my two daughters aged 7 and 4 to their first game tomorrow night - nice weather, not too busy etc etc.

I tried to buy tickets on-line but have given up for now. It seems I have to create fan ID's for them and they need unique email addresses (they're 7 & 4)?!

I just don't get what is going on at the moment. We're in financial meltdown yet all the revenue streams have been culled. The Yard and coffee shop were shut on Saturday, we have no ticket office and the concourses are serving a "limited range" of items.

Can someone who understands the financial complexities of a football club on it's knees explain why this would be? Can we not afford to pay the staff and/or suppliers?

What an absolute farce.

2 minutes ago, rad1919 said:

I tried to buy tickets on-line but have given up for now. It seems I have to create fan ID's for them and they need unique email addresses (they're 7 & 4)?!

Can you create gmail addresses for them?

But as you say, crazy. 

21 minutes ago, rad1919 said:

I thought I'd take my two daughters aged 7 and 4 to their first game tomorrow night - nice weather, not too busy etc etc.

I just don't get what is going on at the moment. We're in financial meltdown yet all the revenue streams have been culled. The Yard and coffee shop were shut on Saturday, we have no ticket office and the concourses are serving a "limited range" of items.

Can someone who understands the financial complexities of a football club on it's knees explain why this would be? Can we not afford to pay the staff and/or suppliers?

What an absolute farce.

This post about creating email addresses is really helpful.

It also covers why everyone has to have an ID.

I’m afraid this is due to the covid regulations the club has to have the details for every supporter attending the game.

one way to ease the pain on this is if you have a google email is you can put . Anywhere in your original emaiL to create unique addresses as far as dcfc are concerned but all tickets go to you main address

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/37976-stupid-ticket-system/?do=findComment&comment=2173329

9 minutes ago, angieram said:

This post about creating email addresses is really helpful.

It also covers why everyone has to have an ID.

I’m afraid this is due to the covid regulations the club has to have the details for every supporter attending the game.

one way to ease the pain on this is if you have a google email is you can put . Anywhere in your original emaiL to create unique addresses as far as dcfc are concerned but all tickets go to you main address

https://dcfcfans.uk/topic/37976-stupid-ticket-system/?do=findComment&comment=2173329

Thanks for the tip, I'm sure I'll sort it later.

I think it is just the overall frustration of the way the club is run at the moment. Yes of course the COVID rules have to be adhered to and respected, it's a way of life now and we all have to get used to it.

It's the other stuff as I mentioned in my previous post about other revenue streams being shut down with no explanation. It makes no sense.

A bit of honesty from the club wouldn't go amiss.

There were bound to have been elderly fans who had absolutely no idea how to obtain their tickets at the weekend. Tickets they have probably already paid for.

NDA's relating to takeovers is one thing, taking loyal supporters for mugs is something else entirely.

Finally managed to book it through creating an email with my dad's email address and added me and mum on that. 

I've tried to do it on mine but it doesn't recognise my password and when I ask for an email to re-set it it takes 3-4 hours to get into my inbox by which time the link is out of time and won't let me update password. I almost give up with this club and probably won't go again at this rate. 

It's very frustrating this tbh. I'm going to hull with my friend who has booked a hotel, she's never been to a Derby game before and we're both travelling around 3 hours in opposite directions for it and staying over. I've no idea when the tickets will go on sale and as I don't have a printer and she's leaving work on monday (she has 0 printer) if I will even be able to get them sorted on time. It's an absolute farce when you consider the fact other clubs not only have season tickets but also ticket offices open. 

There really is no excuse for this and it's cutting their nose off to spite their face quite honestly. The potential lost revenue for the club must be absolutely massive. 

4 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

It's very frustrating this tbh. I'm going to hull with my friend who has booked a hotel, she's never been to a Derby game before and we're both travelling around 3 hours in opposite directions for it and staying over. I've no idea when the tickets will go on sale and as I don't have a printer and she's leaving work on monday (she has 0 printer) if I will even be able to get them sorted on time. It's an absolute farce when you consider the fact other clubs not only have season tickets but also ticket offices open. 

There really is no excuse for this and it's cutting their nose off to spite their face quite honestly. The potential lost revenue for the club must be absolutely massive. 

Away tickets for Peterborough are paper as printed by Peterborough and will be posted to us. Assume Hull will be same. 

No idea what the policy is these days but this sort of general intrusion is one of many a reason why I increasingly buy less things, full stop. Albeit I am clearly in a very small minority; I am the tin foil hatter type that will use cash as long as I am "allowed" and wherever I can. Increasingly you are looked on as a leper when using cash and this was pre-COVID, let alone since. 

I had a standoff in Currys before now where I couldn't buy something without giving my name and address (for a warranty I didn't even want you understand); we agreed with management in earshot to settle on a fake identity just so the system could be populated and the transaction to go through. Last time I went in there too. I will be sufficiently condescending to remind those in total favour of personal data mining (for security, safety, whatever reasons) that the sort of society they wanted is the sort of society they deserve. 

..... And another thing. 

I have added myself and mum to my dad's account successfully but when I try and add one of them to my account it doesn't allow it as they are -'already part of a group'. But it accepted the other one! You can't edit the relationship once it's in. 

Go figure. 

1 hour ago, oomarkwright said:

Finally managed to book it through creating an email with my dad's email address and added me and mum on that. 

I've tried to do it on mine but it doesn't recognise my password and when I ask for an email to re-set it it takes 3-4 hours to get into my inbox by which time the link is out of time and won't let me update password. I almost give up with this club and probably won't go again at this rate. 

........I don't think it's the club's problem, it's the modern world and how it's been dictated too, and how it has to operate, and how people operate in a sheepish copy cat manner, or are expected to operate with everything been operated by mobile phones, scanners etc or their equivalent. Most other clubs are operating in the same or similar ways, with cashless grounds, and the like and less revenue streams as per the current COVID repercussions etc.

Them pesky kids at apple and the like are the problem...............it will eventually get to the case, where I will not be able to go and watch a live game of football because I don't own the appropriate, necessary mobile phone that scans me into the ground, and let's face it, that is the day, when I happily stay away, as I don't want to be in a ground where the majority of the crowd sits, playing around with their miserable phones during the game, whereas some of us just want to go, and actually watch the beautiful game of football, without any of these poxy annoying things anywhere near us.

Such will be followed in a few years time by 11 v 11 robots watched by a ground full of mobile phones on seats, whilst humans are all in the car park, charging themselves with electric, instead of their cars!

It's the world, that is the problem, and all the suckers in it.

Bring back the turnstiles, employ humans to operate them and sell me a proper football ticket, that I can keep after the game, so I can have a physical memory of what I have really done in my life, God, Jesus and Steve Bloomer didn't waste their lives trying to get into a football match pressing thousands of buttons, sending e-mails, to the clubs, typing about it on forums, linking id's and e-mail addresses and on and on and on and ariston!

Simplicity is Genius!.........Long live my little Nokia phone........we live on, to fight another day!

1 hour ago, Inverurie Ram said:

........I don't think it's the club's problem, it's the modern world and how it's been dictated too, and how it has to operate, and how people operate in a sheepish copy cat manner, or are expected to operate with everything been operated by mobile phones, scanners etc or their equivalent. Most other clubs are operating in the same or similar ways, with cashless grounds, and the like and less revenue streams as per the current COVID repercussions etc.

Them pesky kids at apple and the like are the problem...............it will eventually get to the case, where I will not be able to go and watch a live game of football because I don't own the appropriate, necessary mobile phone that scans me into the ground, and let's face it, that is the day, when I happily stay away, as I don't want to be in a ground where the majority of the crowd sits, playing around with their miserable phones during the game, whereas some of us just want to go, and actually watch the beautiful game of football, without any of these poxy annoying things anywhere near us.

Such will be followed in a few years time by 11 v 11 robots watched by a ground full of mobile phones on seats, whilst humans are all in the car park, charging themselves with electric, instead of their cars!

It's the world, that is the problem, and all the suckers in it.

Bring back the turnstiles, employ humans to operate them and sell me a proper football ticket, that I can keep after the game, so I can have a physical memory of what I have really done in my life, God, Jesus and Steve Bloomer didn't waste their lives trying to get into a football match pressing thousands of buttons, sending e-mails, to the clubs, typing about it on forums, linking id's and e-mail addresses and on and on and on and ariston!

Simplicity is Genius!.........Long live my little Nokia phone........we live on, to fight another day!

The problem is that the club don't just use a ready made Google or apple app and instead outsource it to some development team who make it as complicated as it could possibly be and look at it from the viewpoint of a computer nerd not your average Joe.

A few years ago I came across an app on the Google store that allowed me to record my activities/duties during my shift and which time stamped incidents I dealt with together with being able to add further evidence as I saw fit.

I could then forward this info instantly to a supervisor or send it in bulk at the end of my set...in short it saved me hours of work.

So,I pointed this app out to my gaffer so all the team could make use of it and save the whole unit time and money.

It was sent to the upper echelons who decided they wouldn't pay Google the 20 pence per download and instead it was sent to our software development team so we could make our own instead.

2 years later was still in development and we were told to stop using the Google app which worked perfectly.

That's what we are up against and us no doubt why the Derby systems are such a nightmare!!!

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong

10 hours ago, Leeds Ram said:

For Hull, Hull will issue the tickets to DCFC, so they’ll be traditional paper tickets. Interestingly I spoke with some Huddersfield fans on Saturday and they had  traditional tickets for the game, which will have been issued by DCFC.

I tried to get tickets for my family last night.

Found I was unable to do so without setting up 3 new accounts and linking them to mine. Nightmare. I'm fuming.

At least that's done for ever now, and everyone in the ground is identified and can be traced in the event of a positive covid test for someone in order to help fight the whole pandemic thing. Still though...that's 3 minutes of my life brutally snatched from me by the incompetence of the club. Boooo. I blame Jozwiak.

2 hours ago, WystonRam said:

For Hull, Hull will issue the tickets to DCFC, so they’ll be traditional paper tickets. Interestingly I spoke with some Huddersfield fans on Saturday and they had  traditional tickets for the game, which will have been issued by DCFC.

That's good then. I really didn't like using the paper tickets as I was worried the QR code wouldn't work and keeping the paper tickets perfectly dry etc. was a bit of an issue as they didn't really fit in my wallet. I saw some lads in the queue in front of me on saturday had traditional tickets that they got just before the game, so we do them it seems but only if you have an issue with the original ticket.