Jozwiak

RamLad1884

35 minutes ago, rammieib said:

If we sell him, it may help cash flow more than it’ll help P&S.

As frustrating as he is, I want to persevere for one more year. You don’t shine for your national team at the top level without having something about you.

It will help P&S if we even get back what we paid for him (assuming we are now amortising on a straight line method ?).  Mel needs cash to keep the lights on. Like when we sold Gordon, and some young under 16s, cash remains king. I can see him going.

Interesting thought, Vydra must have been the last player we sold which was of real P&S benefit ?‍♂️

What did we end up buying him for last summer? Was it around the £3.5m mark?

I think anything close to that or more and he’ll probably be off, if reports are to be true. If it helps us fill up the squad in the final few weeks of the window (embargo permitting) then I don’t think it’s a deal we can really afford to turn down.

There’s certainly potential and an exciting player in there, but I don’t see it being unlocked in this league and current Derby team, unfortunately.

Again, I can’t imagine anyone will be sold until we can use the money to improve the team. 

Nevertheless, I wouldn’t be sad to see Jozwiak leave as we can use his reputation at international level to get decent money for him. 

He’s been disappointing. I’m sure he will admit the same. He has a high level of technical ability and should be producing much more substance in terms of goals and assists. I really hope he can put something together for us, because he seems like a great person and character. You couldn’t come blame him for being a bit bemused at the situation too; he joined a team who would’ve promised a lot to 12 months later being in team that looks, well not looks, IS, in complete chaos. 

24 minutes ago, Ambitious said:

He’s been disappointing. I’m sure he will admit the same. He has a high level of technical ability and should be producing much more substance in terms of goals and assists. I really hope he can put something together for us, because he seems like a great person and character. You couldn’t come blame him for being a bit bemused at the situation too; he joined a team who would’ve promised a lot to 12 months later being in team that looks, well not looks, IS, in complete chaos. 

Plus Covid and lockdowns in a foreign country.

Edited by RoyMac5

I was always under the impression players only went to Turkey towards the end of their careers for one last payday after no one else showed any interest in them, in other words, a bit of a graveyard in their career.

While I find him frustrating because I think he’s better than his performances for us indicate, I would be loathe to let him go just yet. A) because I think we might see an improvement from him as the season progresses and B) I don’t think Turkey is the place for him.

I am not surprised there would be interest in him - young and a full international at a decent level - bottom of the championship is not the arena that he would be wanting to be in but if we sold then we obviously need our money back and some extra as well.

if he wants to be here and give his everything then of course keep him but he is from a different country in a covid world and so far he hasn’t actually given us much, whilst he did have to play in empty stadiums. 

After coming back from the Euros to the current poo show I’m pretty sure he’d be happy to get out, especially with the potential opportunity to play in Europe.

For us his departure wouldn’t help. We can only bring one player as replacement presently. We’d also need to get back a good chunk of what we paid for him.

We need more decent players, not less.

Last season, despite illogical substitutions, he was often our most dangerous player.

After one game this season, so many are wanting him gone.

Wingers are inconsistent, it's part of their nature, give the lad a chance when the team is fully assembled and operating at its maximum.