Jozwiak

RamLad1884

I reeeaaally WANT him to do well, I reeeaaaally WANT to see a player there...but I just don't. Never seen him do anything remotely on a  par with a Johnny Russell or a Jamie Ward. I've got him somewhere between a Gary Teale and a Lee Croft. People want £5m+? If that sort of fee is being spoken of, then it's a no brainer. He has to go.

3 hours ago, i-Ram said:

It will help P&S if we even get back what we paid for him (assuming we are now amortising on a straight line method ?).  Mel needs cash to keep the lights on. Like when we sold Gordon, and some young under 16s, cash remains king. I can see him going.

Interesting thought, Vydra must have been the last player we sold which was of real P&S benefit ?‍♂️

But if he signed a 4year deal and we sell him for the same we bought him for (let’s say 3 million), we get a 750k benefit on P&S.

Agree it all helps but it’s not much in the grand scheme of things.

For fans who think he’s worth five million plus... are we basing that on one cross in the Euros?

Jozwiak has been awful. Ive said this before. You dont need 2 hands for his meaningful contributions in around 40 games for Derby. His biggest asset is his work rate. Im not buying this "Its the others not him" rubbish. I dont see any quality when he gets the ball. Jamie Ward,Johnny Russell u knew when they got the ball they could beat a man and produce quality. Never have anywhere near that confidence or expectation when Jozwiak gets the ball. People say hes played well for Poland...Really?? He got took off the last game after an hour in a game they needed to win. If we get an offer id seriously consider it. 

Would be hard to say no if we can get what we paid for him, but I'm not sure we can replace him with a free transfer on 5k a week. 

I'd like to try with him for another year, clearly a good player in there but just hasn't worked at Derby. Seems to play very narrow for Derby but hugs the touchline for Poland, maybe that explains why we can't get a tune out of him. 

7 minutes ago, Rambalin said:

Says they have offered 4.5 million euros and we want 5.5 so there is a deal to be done. 

It says 4.1 million. There's only a deal to be done if one or both are prepared to accept the difference. 1.4 million euros is about a million quid. That's a lot of money to drop in our situation.