Jozwiak

RamLad1884

1 hour ago, B4ev6is said:

Well he tries hard played at the euros and he has great talent but found hard to settle english football and still at young side and still has good potential.

Fair reply that B4......unfortunately we still won't get anywhere near 11million for him 

1 hour ago, Tombo said:

If anyone wants anyone to be sold right now, you must be insane. We're going to struggle to put a team out in just a few weeks. Every player counts.

I'm sure we will not sell anyone without the certain knowledge of being able to replace them in the squad

1 hour ago, Tombo said:

If anyone wants anyone to be sold right now, you must be insane. We're going to struggle to put a team out in just a few weeks. Every player counts.

I think people are making assumption that a sale with this sort of price tag might be used to remove some restrictions and then in turn be an opportunity to acquire more than one replacement. 

Im not saying they’re right.  FWIW I’d like to see him stay. 

Yeah, the only thing any sale would do now is allow us to bring in another player of “professional standing” and without any restriction changes we won’t be able to get anyone with the potential/quality of Jozwiak.

I’d rather have Jozwiak over Grosicki, but would prefer both of them if possible.

Its pointless selling any of our actual pro players, we won't get the fee we deserve due to our finances and we won't be able to replace them with equal or better players.

We should hold onto them to the earliest of January, apart from Marshall I think Allsop and Roos are good enough.

24 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Selling anyone in our current position would be mental.

you say that, but it would actually help out quite a lot of our financial issues. Getting a fee means we can pay some of what we owe and lessen the restrictions we currently have, especially if the fee of 5m which ive seen is genuine. If we can get that (not that im keen for him to go) and then replace him with a free/cheap alternative, it could be what we need right now. 

2 hours ago, Sparkle said:

It’s actually the only way to pay the Bills and to be able to recruit realistically 

remember Arthur Cox had to sell Kevin Wilson for £150,000 which funded a whole rebuild 

Selling players now will not help us recruit. The wage limit will remain and the chances of us getting anyone in of a similar quality would be nigh on impossible.

3 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Selling players now will not help us recruit. The wage limit will remain and the chances of us getting anyone in of a similar quality would be nigh on impossible.

I agree if the embargo remains the same even after any potential player sale. However, if we get good money for player, like the £5m rumoured for Kamil, that could mean we are able to remove the embargo (paying HMRC etc). This in turn means Wayne could be allowed to bring in more players with a less strict wage restriction. If he can bring in 4-5 more players (both frees and loans) for the season, we would be much stronger.

I’m in the keep Kamil camp, but a big transfer fee could help us in both the short and long term

46 minutes ago, r4derby said:

I agree if the embargo remains the same even after any potential player sale. However, if we get good money for player, like the £5m rumoured for Kamil, that could mean we are able to remove the embargo (paying HMRC etc). This in turn means Wayne could be allowed to bring in more players with a less strict wage restriction. If he can bring in 4-5 more players (both frees and loans) for the season, we would be much stronger.

I’m in the keep Kamil camp, but a big transfer fee could help us in both the short and long term

Fair points. I guess I simply don't trust the club to use any incoming money sensibly at the minute ?

Edited by JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta