v Huddersfield (H) Match Thread

Day

50 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Well where are the '46 Cup squad, etc. He's there because he's current - why was Cocu up there and nobody complained?!

Well exactly why are they not there ... why don't they even have anything to celebrate what they did ? Would be nice to do something for them. Probably because nobody mentioned cocu was up there when he was ? Tbh Id still rather he was in charge .. 

37 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

Same person who thought Cocu should have been there?

Yeah, maybe because he was the manager, and depicted as such.

If it was Rooney in a (track) suit looking all managerial I think people would probably understand it more! Just a bit weird putting him on there in a playing kit, shoved off to the side.

Edited by Coconut

8 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

They were youngsters and Notts was their first competitive match, how good were you expecting them to be when we still only have CKR up front?

Roy you've done what you tend to do no offense and extract a very small portion of a post and then focus on that out of context.

I mentioned the style of play was the same in the game against Salford too where we didn't have youngsters, which was a continuation of the final portion of the previous season. 

6 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Roy you've done what you tend to do no offense and extract a very small portion of a post and then focus on that out of context.

I mentioned the style of play was the same in the game against Salford too where we didn't have youngsters, which was a continuation of the final portion of the previous season. 

During interviews post match a few players have mentioned  in one form or another leaning the new style of play this season. 

6 hours ago, Tyler Durden said:

Tyler that part of the post was the bit I was taking issue with - comprende?

16 hours ago, SFox1993 said:

Done nothing for the club to warrant being up there ... where is Jim Smith? Arthur Cox? Both deserve to be there compared to rooney . If this was man united I'd agree with you but this is Derby and he has achieved nothing ( yet ) I do hope to be proved wrong.

He's currently our coach, just like Cocu was, and who was also on the graphics on the West Stand.

I hope he proves you wrong also, and he backs himself, and has more faith in himself than what some of our supporters have and at the moment he needs all the support we can give him and our club at the moment to help our club succeed.

Did you also write off Jim Smith and Arthur Cox in their first full seasons as coach of our club, or were you willing to give them more of a chance, with both coming to the club with loads and loads of experience in management and coaching?

Hope Not Hate.

1 hour ago, Inverurie Ram said:

He's currently our coach, just like Cocu was, and who was also on the graphics on the West Stand.

I hope he proves you wrong also, and he backs himself, and has more faith in himself than what some of our supporters have and at the moment he needs all the support we can give him and our club at the moment to help our club succeed.

Did you also write off Jim Smith and Arthur Cox in their first full seasons as coach of our club, or were you willing to give them more of a chance, with both coming to the club with loads and loads of experience in management and coaching?

Hope Not Hate.

As my name suggests i was born in 1993... might be a bit hard for me to remember Arthur Cox , and early days of Jim Smith I only quoted those two managers as they were successful. Who says i dont support him? I just said he hasnt done anything yet to warrent being up there.

2 hours ago, SFox1993 said:

As my name suggests i was born in 1993... might be a bit hard for me to remember Arthur Cox , and early days of Jim Smith I only quoted those two managers as they were successful. Who says i dont support him? I just said he hasnt done anything yet to warrent being up there.

The fact you keep stating he hasn't done anything yet to warrant being on a flag to the entrance of our West Stand, hardly shows that you are backing him and supporting him. A more positive comment might suggest over wise. I hope you are supporting him, and it helps the people that require such support, if it's done in a positive way.

Regarding your age, again I didn't know how old you are, until you explained your forum name stating 1993, which also indicates that you might have seen WR doing a lot of positive things on the pitch at Everton, Man Utd and England recently before you have to research or have learnt the success of Jim Smith, Arthur Cox etc through being a Derby fan, but as you say, he's done nothing at our club yet to justify being on a display at a club he is currently the main man at under the current owner MM.

Nobody at the club or on here has stated what the rules are for ex players, managers, coaches, legends etc that are selected to go on these displays either. But it least shows the club are backing Wayne Rooney, who probably does a lot of work for charity and probably does a lot of good things in life, away from the gutter press that are successfully rewarded in their work, by attempting to negatively destroy some of our fellow club, sports personalities etc that inspire many folk around the world in their sports.

The season hasn't started yet, but I'm glad that Wayne Rooney is on the West Stand display, and I don't care what he's wearing @Coconut either. He could be naked and sticking his head through @Curtains for all I care!

Up Wayne Rooney's Super Derby County!

11 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Well at least Huddersfield will have no idea who will be playing for us apart from Forsyth somewhere Byrne Richards and Lawrence and maybe Shinnie 

The team's a bit more firm than your're suggesting. Only question marks are who 2 of the defenders will be, and who will be left wing.

Roos or Marshall in goal
Byrne RB, Fozzy LB or CB
Bird and Shinnie CM
Jozwiak RW
Lawrence AM
Kazim CF

Hi everyone, today i have had to fill in a covid NHS track and trace  today for my friend who comes as my carer and was informed that if it was not filled in entry to the ground would not be allowed as stated in the supporter code of conduct.

It would be good to know if it is just the disabled being asked or are all fans having to fill this form in.

21 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

Same person who thought Cocu should have been there?

The photo with cocu on focused on current players with a couple of ex players in the background. This new one is composed of club legends with Rooney, who has so far accomplished nothing at Derby, then creeping in on the right.

Personally I don't care who is up there, but it is so weird to have him tacked on to that photo considering what the rest of that lineup achieved. The great Brian finished 18th in his first season, but his legendary status was earned in subsequent seasons. Rooney may do the same, but at the moment he doesn't fit there at all.

4 minutes ago, GenBr said:

The photo with cocu on focused on current players with a couple of ex players in the background. This new one is composed of club legends with Rooney, who has so far accomplished nothing at Derby, then creeping in on the right.

Personally I don't care who is up there, but it is so weird to have him tacked on to that photo considering what the rest of that lineup achieved. The great Brian finished 18th in his first season, but his legendary status was earned in subsequent seasons. Rooney may do the same, but at the moment he doesn't fit there at all.

Well as someone else said, I'd also rather Boulton than the Shilton we got, but he's a 'great' of the game so there it is.