v Huddersfield (H) Match Thread

Day

1 minute ago, OohMartWright said:

Didn't they only go on general sale this morning? Knowing that we won't sell out, I'm guessing people won't feel the need to rush to secure a ticket. I would like to hope that, despite people having Covid concerns, we will get over 20,000.

I'd hope you're right. I think it would be shocking to see an attendance less than 20,000 for an opening day. Huddersfield will likely sell out as their fans will view this game as the easiest three points of the season. I've even seen some of their fans suggesting this is the easiest three points in their club's history. You can imagine that creates a certain buzz and willingness to come an hour or so down the road. 

If we can get up to 18,000 home fans + Huddersfield's 2000 away. It would be disappointing but I don't think would get called out too much in the press. I think anything lower will certainly garner some attention.  

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

I'd hope you're right. I think it would be shocking to see an attendance less than 20,000 for an opening day. Huddersfield will likely sell out as their fans will view this game as the easiest three points of the season. I've even seen some of their fans suggesting this is the easiest three points in their club's history. You can imagine that creates a certain buzz and willingness to come an hour or so down the road. 

If we can get up to 18,000 home fans + Huddersfield's 2000 away. It would be disappointing but I don't think would get called out too much in the press. I think anything lower will certainly garner some attention.  

I think if you combine covid, ticket prices, and problems with the ownership and our form last season if we get to 22-23k that'll be a very good effort. It will be interesting to see what attendances will be like across the division as I'd imagine they'd be down quite a bit all around. It's probably not helped the club only starting selling them this morning on general sale either. 

1 hour ago, Ambitious said:

I would be very surprised if there is even 15,000 in total with the away support 

Huddersfield did a few of their deals really early on in the window while they released about nine players a week after the final game of the season.

They should be at the very least prepared having a lengthy pre-season with players they know will be there for the season while their fitness levels should be high due to Corberan’s experience with Bielsa.

I think regardless of our situation, this is a tough start and I expect Huddersfield will surprise a few early on in the season.

I've just had a look at the ticket prices on the club's website and not cheap....I'm really torn whether to go or not irrespective of whether we sign any players or not between now and Saturday....went to both the Salford and Notts County games and the way we played was almost a carbon copy of how we were set up last season by Rooney, passing the ball to death for no effect other than to keep possession, no forward penetration or attacking intent just a very suffocating brand of football.

We won yesterday which was good and we had a very young team out but the style of play first half especially was truly soporofic. 

Wonder how many "floaters" also feel the same way. 

Anyhow still a few days left to see how my mind is before I decide. 

11 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

I've just had a look at the ticket prices on the club's website and not cheap....I'm really torn whether to go or not irrespective of whether we sign any players or not between now and Saturday....went to both the Salford and Notts County games and the way we played was almost a carbon copy of how we were set up last season by Rooney, passing the ball to death for no effect other than to keep possession, no forward penetration or attacking intent just a very suffocating brand of football.

We won yesterday which was good and we had a very young team out but the style of play first half especially was truly soporofic. 

Hurry, selling fast

29 minutes ago, Tyler Durden said:

..went to both the Salford and Notts County games and the way we played was almost a carbon copy of how we were set up last season by Rooney, passing the ball to death for no effect other than to keep possession, no forward penetration or attacking intent just a very suffocating brand of football.

Really? That's not how it looked to me. We maybe not have been as effective going forward but I certainly didn't think we were deliberately passing the ball around at the back for no reason.

1 hour ago, Tyler Durden said:

So you went to 2 pre-season games, but don't want to go to the first game of the season. You must be trolling. 

4 hours ago, Ambitious said:

I make it 16.5k remaining, so looking at 50% capacity atm

4 hours ago, sage said:

????

Can't see Huddersfield challenging for the top two.  

Half fan - we're only going for top one. None of thus scrapping for second place

4 hours ago, Ambitious said:

Hardly shocking with Covid is it. Just because some people think the risk has totally disappeared doesn't mean everybody does. I'm sure many older fans will still stay away from large crowds like this.

20 minutes ago, sage said:

So you went to 2 pre-season games, but don't want to go to the first game of the season. You must be trolling. 

Not sure why you think that. Was just stating how I feel at the moment.

Needn't have bothered from your response. 

Edited by Tyler Durden

1 minute ago, Tyler Durden said:

Not sure why you think that. Was just stating how I feel at the moment.

Needn't have bothered from your response. 

Well i hope you go and enjoy it, 3 points/pints will cheer you up

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Really? That's not how it looked to me. We maybe not have been as effective going forward but I certainly didn't think we were deliberately passing the ball around at the back for no reason.

I think not very effective going forward is a very good description which seemed to be exactly the same way we were set up for the final quarter of last season.