The latest from the club via Chris Coles

Heisenberg

1 minute ago, SuperDerbySuperRams said:

He “claimed” it was to bring joy to the city. Something for us to be proud of! How can you follow that moral code and then do this? 

I absolutely loved this football club, but I have totally lost interest now. I’ll be there on Saturday, but I don’t think it’ll ever be the same again for me. 

I’ve been going since 1995 and this the first year I’ve thought about not going at all and that’s bad when I’m like that as I’ve always been buzzing to go. Not there on Saturday as I’m in the Isle of Wight on holiday but will look out for score and will be at the next home game. I fear this season crowds will be below 20 thousand and I’ve never know that before

9 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

On a plus note from the meeting 3 groups have shown proof of funds and 1 of those groups has the efl owners and directors test draft. Does this mean they’ve been through the efl and done the test or have the paperwork ready to do it anyone?

So had the others apparently… I no longer trust a word that comes out of Mel’s or Pearce’s mouth. 

If successive managers do not build on their predecessors work then it costs a lot of money to keep changing plan. Rowett has taken a few of our players to Millwall and they look capable of contributing to a top half finish. Rowett keeps it simple and does a good job. If we do not like his style then we simply sign a different kind of manager. This cause of action may or may not lead to an obvious improvement. Eventually you run out of available cash if you keep starting from more or less scratch. When a player moves to your club he may play better or worse than at his previous club, so you need to sign players that can play in the same way and fit into your club, otherwise it becomes untenable sooner or later. If players can come through the ranks this can save a lot of money but once again they need to be allowed to play their natural game.

13 minutes ago, Kernow said:

It makes no sense for him to stay right now. He’s already had his fair share of negative publicity this summer, does he want to still be hammered by the National media on a weekly basis when we’re struggling at the bottom?

It would also make zero difference to us. If Rooney stays with this squad, we go down. If Rooney leaves and someone like Justin Walker or Darren Wassall steps up, we go down anyway.

I actually think Wassall might do a better job with all of the young players that are going to be in and around the 1st team.

1 minute ago, Barney1991 said:

I’ve been going since 1995 and this the first year I’ve thought about not going at all and that’s bad when I’m like that as I’ve always been buzzing to go. Not there on Saturday as I’m in the Isle of Wight on holiday but will look out for score and will be at the next home game. I fear this season crowds will be below 20 thousand and I’ve never know that before

The crowds were much lower at times during the 80s and 90s and believe me, even though the quality has been at much worse levels, it was much more enjoyable than being in the presence of some of the entitled idiots that 'support' us today.

I actually quite look forward to crowd numbers dropping to Nigel Clough era levels when you know that the fans there actually want to get behind the team.

Fair play to @Davidfor representing the forum and i pressume he did his best to get our questions out there.

From what i have seen though David left early to get his train home? Surely it would have been more ideal to send someone who could actually stay the duration of the meeting as we want as much information as possible?

Just going to have to rely on other fan groups write ups i suppose.

36 minutes ago, cosmic said:

Oh FFS he can’t be serious in regards to the Academy

The Academy comment is very odd. Morris bought in an untried ‘name’ (Lampard) and allowed him to spunk millions on average (at best) players, and also loaned 3 youngsters from other clubs obstructing a pathway for our own, and then he sacked Cocu who had much success in Holland bringing youngsters through, and who was giving our youngsters lots of game time. Supposedly he still owes Cocu and Co. massive compensation for terminating their contracts. You couldn’t make it up really.

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

The crowds were much lower at times during the 80s and 90s and believe me, even though the quality has been at much worse levels, it was much more enjoyable than being in the presence of some of the entitled idiots that 'support' us today.

I actually quite look forward to crowd numbers dropping to Nigel Clough era levels when you know that the fans there actually want to get behind the team.

Even the clough level was 23 to 26 thousand every home game though. Not forgetting some will be COVID related but even though I’m going I can see why supporters won’t Chuck there hard earned money to watch the team when the owner can’t be arsed to half run a football club into an oblivion 

Just now, The_Sheriff said:

Fair play to @Davidfor representing the forum and i pressume he did his best to get our questions out there.

From what i have seen though David left early to get his train home? Surely it would have been more ideal to send someone who could actually stay the duration of the meeting as we want as much information as possible?

Just going to have to rely on other fan groups write ups i suppose.

The meeting was supposed to finish at 8:45pm. It overran significantly. 

Just now, i-Ram said:

The Academy comment is very odd. Morris bought in an untried ‘name’ (Lampard) and allowed him to spunk millions on average (at best) players, and also loaned 3 youngsters from other clubs obstructing a pathway for our own, and then he sacked Cocu who had much success in Holland bringing youngsters through, and who was giving our youngsters lots of game time. Supposedly he still owes Cocu and Co. massive compensation for terminating their contracts. You couldn’t make it up really.

The bloke has lost it simple as that

3 minutes ago, Rampage said:

If successive managers do not build on their predecessors work then it costs a lot of money to keep changing plan. Rowett has taken a few of our players to Millwall and they look capable of contributing to a top half finish. Rowett keeps it simple and does a good job. If we do not like his style then we simply sign a different kind of manager. This cause of action may or may not lead to an obvious improvement. Eventually you run out of available cash if you keep starting from more or less scratch. When a player moves to your club he may play better or worse than at his previous club, so you need to sign players that can play in the same way and fit into your club, otherwise it becomes untenable sooner or later. If players can come through the ranks this can save a lot of money but once again they need to be allowed to play their natural game.

If Rowett hadn't been pretty much hounded out of the club I reckon there is a good chance we would be a Premier League club by now. 

Hi guys, so I've spent a load of energy on a weekday evening hounding David on Twitter for not sharing any info after he had a 4 hour+ round trip to get to the meeting and had to leave early, then I read approximately 5 tweets from Punjabi Rams and I've deduced that this meeting has produced absolutely no news and I don't care that the supporter groups have promised further updates tomorrow because I'm a massive tool with no life.

Seriously, throw out the whole club and start again

6 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

the atmosphere on saturday is going to be utterly toxic towards the board if we go behind in the game. 

5 minutes ago, cannable said:

I’ve got tickets for the fourth day at Trent Bridge Saturday and yet I know deep down I’ll write the fifty quid off to watch the hopeless poo show we are instead.

Even though I can’t be arsed anymore. I’ll still turn up. Bamfords 

India will have it won in 3 days. Don’t be a worrying.