Lee Buchanan

Kernow

5 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Got to disagree on this one. Buchanan is a decent prospect but not at the level Bogle is currently ?

I agree - Bogle showed a much higher ceiling. Buchanan has had some really nice moments, I think it was his performance vs Cardiff that really showed some development but he's still got some way to go to prove he can play at this level week-in, week-out. As I said, I would say the same for Bird. Both have big put it up seasons ahead of them. 

1 hour ago, S8TY said:

No Bogle was bang average just look at the countless silly errors where he cost us Forest twice Wembley napping at back post ( his usual trait) I can think of 3 or 4 others where he switched off when ball is played to back post ( his area) and he’s too slow to react 

Buchanan is not only better defensively but offers much more going forward I would not sell him and especially not to Forest 

Hi Lee, for what it is worth I do not believe you are as good as Bogle and his progress up to press far supersedes that of yourself. FWIW I do hope you stay with us and don't sign for Forest. 

It'd only make sense to sell him if we were in absolute desperate need for cash. I'm not talking raising funds to make transfers money, I'm talking raising funds to keep the lights on (if this is true we are likely in real trouble and he won't be the only one going).

Because otherwise we will find it very very hard to replace him in our current situation and we wouldn't be able to use the "profit" on other transfers.

16 hours ago, Ambitious said:

Buchanan has had some fine moments, but he’s still trying to make his way in the game. Bird is in a similar boat. 

Knight and Sibley have shown a higher ceiling, in my opinion, but again both are still in the process of making their way in the game.

None of them should’ve struggled to hold down their position in our team last season, but they all had their bad moments. Sibley simply should’ve been afforded more game time, but perhaps he didn’t earn it in training. I don’t know.

These are young lads though. They’ve got a long way to go before we can see what they will become. A lot of young players get worse as well as better, equally some do make great leaps in their development, I just don’t know with these four. Sibley is the one I see the most promise from, then Knight. Buchanan and Bird are about par. 

I mostly agree with what you've said although I'd alter the order to have Bird behind Sibley because his technique and his positional sense is excellent. I think Knight and Buchanan are in the same bracket personally and it's partially why they've broken through a little bit quicker and why they had decent seasons last year in a dog fight. With both of them their primary attributes are mostly the physical stuff which makes them a little bit more suited on paper to games that are just going to be a pure scrap.

To be honest my standing opinion is that we didn't really give any of them outside of perhaps Buchanan a really fair shake last season and I think we'd have been better off if they'd have played more. 

4 hours ago, Leeds Ram said:

Bogle is still only the same age as Buchanan and has more than twice the appearances under his belt including a spell in the premier league. Buchanan has 3 assists in 40 league games and no goals, Bogle has 14 assists in 93 league games and 5 goals including 2 in the premier league.  For the same age, Bogle is a much more polished and better player than Buchanan because he broke through 2 years earlier than Buchanan and has had a lot more experience of first team football. If i had to only have Bogle or Buchanan, I'd have Bogle every day of the week. 

That is your opinion Buchanan doesn’t cost us goals week after week and is a much better attacking option … Bogle used to get to the half way line and had no idea how to beat someone when he was first on scene he was ok but his game went downhill he was no loss as Byrne is better RB by a stretch 

2 hours ago, Penelope Pendrex said:

Buchanan being better than Bogle going forward is one of the most insane takes I've seen in this place, ever.

Why? Full backs  can push forward is how the modern game is now …look at Liverpool etc and several teams like there full backs to push on and overlap Byrne does it a lot ???? So not that insane is it 

Edited by S8TY

If anyone seriously thinks Bogle Is a better player than Buchanan then we will see

Buchanan will end up playing in the prem for someone Bogle won’t …need to watch there body starting position for starters in certain scenarios I was at Charlton and a ball to back post easily scored and Davies ripped Bogle a new one right in front of me and he was right …asleep….again! Watch first Villa goal at Wembley back post Bogle …nowhere too late because doesnt concentrate let’s not get into to the Forest goals he gifted them two games running eh when has Buchanan gifted goals to the opposition?

I stick by what I see on the pitch and even though most don’t agree I’d have Buchanan over Bogle every day 

Cocu wasn’t sure about him hence trying him at RM a couple of times