Lee Buchanan

Kernow

Im on the thinnest of thin ice with Derby County at the moment.

I think this would break it.

He is without doubt our first choice left back next season.

Selling him is bad enough, selling him to Forest wound be unforgiveable.

But on account of the fact that we wouldn't replace him. This would mean that Forsyth would be our only left back for a 46 game season.

He might be a free agent at the end of next season, but as a home grown player of his age we'd be entitled to compensation if he left for elsewhere on a free, anyway. I'd rather get another season out of him and have that than sell him to Forest (unless, of course, they're offering silly money), and you'd hope the club feels the same.

More I think about it,  after my initial emotional reaction I can’t see this happening. We have trouble enough putting a team together as it is, we need to keep the squad together, we’ll risk only getting £1m in compo for him like we’re going to risk losing Lawrence for nothing. Forest are not going to bid the money we’d need to consider selling him.

Think he's been our best youngster out of the bunch to come through. It shows how far we have fallen having to sell our best talent to forest. I wont be happy seeing him go there but its needs must. If it allows us to bring in players and build a team that can stay up then we have to look at the bigger picture  

1 minute ago, G-Ram said:

Think he's been our best youngster out of the bunch to come through. It shows how far we have fallen having to sell our best talent to forest. I wont be happy seeing him go there but its needs must. If it allows us to bring in players and build a team that can stay up then we have to look at the bigger picture  

Would allow a direct replacement currently, who would have to be free and only a year deal. Can't see us doing it. I don't think there is a bigger picture, unless that sale alone solves all our problems...which it can't.

16 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Still find it absolutely incredible that Rooney went with Forsyth over Buchanan last season.

As a talent Buchanan is more promising. He went through a bad patch and his confidence dropped so I can see why Rooney dropped him but long term he's the better option. 

I was surprised when we extended Forsyth's contract. He's on the decline and more Div 1 than championship. 

18 minutes ago, MACKWORTHRAM said:

Still find it absolutely incredible that Rooney went with Forsyth over Buchanan last season.

They shared the position. But yes, Forsyth shouldn't be playing at all. Just not good enough anymore.