Lee Buchanan

Kernow

Unless it was a cash offer all at once of a substantive amount it wouldn’t be worth it at all and this is the season we expect the lad to be starting 75% of the games at left back - if he left we only have Forsyth who has been a good servant but injuries and time are catching up with him as well as the need for him to cover at central defence on far too many occasions 

no sale unless to a premiership club giving us lots of money immediately and a hefty sell on fee.

10 hours ago, Fraser_23 said:

I completely agree. Everyone hypes Buchanan up but i’ve never really been a fan. Looks so uneasy on the ball and needs to relax. His deliveries into the box and aerial ability are decent tbf, however i wouldn’t be too bothered if we sold him to get funds.  

Would much rather sell him than Knight or Sibley

Same 

Especially after what they did to us with Antonio we bid more than other clubs and they rejected and then sold him to West Ham for less than we bid. You don’t sell to local rivals. Keep him on and then in the season when hopefully a takeover is sorted negotiate a new contract. We’ve got a year to get it done and him sign. You’ve got the likes of West Ham and Arsenal looking at him. Guarantee he will go there and be sold for 15 million in a year or two 

2 hours ago, Ambitious said:

Until we can replace them then I beg to differ. We could sell Buchanan now for £2m which would be a fair fee, but without being able to pay a transfer fee, loan fee, a season long loan or a contract greater than a year. It doesn’t make sense to sell. Anyone we sell just goes to further securing our relegation this season. 

I know this is Derby County, arguably the second worst run club in English football currently, but even we can’t be this stupid? 

Forsyth will snap his ACL again and we go through the season with a 17 year old expected to play every game in the Championship. It’s unfair on the rest of the more established players in the team. Even more so on Rooney. 

I absolutely agree with all of the above but I wouldn't be at all surprised if one or all of them are sold and Wayne's brings in aging but budget replacements.

2 hours ago, Ambitious said:

Until we can replace them then I beg to differ. We could sell Buchanan now for £2m which would be a fair fee, but without being able to pay a transfer fee, loan fee, a season long loan or a contract greater than a year. It doesn’t make sense to sell. Anyone we sell just goes to further securing our relegation this season. 

That's valid from a playing resource management point of view, but assumes a sale is due to allowing 'wiggle room' in the squad regeneration. Might be that £2m - or more - is simply needed to stop the business going under.

13 hours ago, Leeds Ram said:

Buchannan isn't as good as Bogle was for us  but due to our current situation I wouldn't be selling him right now. Otherwise, it's just another signing we need to make with our current limitations 

Haha really! Bogle was utter pants and Buchanan is easily better by a country mile 

1 minute ago, S8TY said:

Haha really! Bogle was utter pants and Buchanan is easily better by a country mile 

Bogle is still only the same age as Buchanan and has more than twice the appearances under his belt including a spell in the premier league. Buchanan has 3 assists in 40 league games and no goals, Bogle has 14 assists in 93 league games and 5 goals including 2 in the premier league.  For the same age, Bogle is a much more polished and better player than Buchanan because he broke through 2 years earlier than Buchanan and has had a lot more experience of first team football. If i had to only have Bogle or Buchanan, I'd have Bogle every day of the week. 

47 minutes ago, Barney1991 said:

Especially after what they did to us with Antonio we bid more than other clubs and they rejected and then sold him to West Ham for less than we bid. You don’t sell to local rivals. Keep him on and then in the season when hopefully a takeover is sorted negotiate a new contract. We’ve got a year to get it done and him sign. You’ve got the likes of West Ham and Arsenal looking at him. Guarantee he will go there and be sold for 15 million in a year or two 

There has been a lot of trading of players ( and managers ) between us and the dark side  over the years its only been in recent times that fans have got upset about this. However i doubt Buchanan would be bothered with a  at best sideways move when Prem clubs as you say have expressed an interest. Be better for him to sit and wait.

1 hour ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

damon salvatore joker GIF

No Bogle was bang average just look at the countless silly errors where he cost us Forest twice Wembley napping at back post ( his usual trait) I can think of 3 or 4 others where he switched off when ball is played to back post ( his area) and he’s too slow to react 

Buchanan is not only better defensively but offers much more going forward I would not sell him and especially not to Forest 

8 minutes ago, S8TY said:

No Bogle was bang average just look at the countless silly errors where he cost us Forest twice Wembley napping at back post ( his usual trait) I can think of 3 or 4 others where he switched off when ball is played to back post ( his area) and he’s too slow to react 

Buchanan is not only better defensively but offers much more going forward I would not sell him and especially not to Forest 

Got to disagree on this one. Buchanan is a decent prospect but not at the level Bogle is currently ?

1 hour ago, Barney1991 said:

Simply didn’t happen.