Lee Buchanan

Kernow

Be interesting to see prices mentioned as he is probably our most valueable youngster after last season so got to be looking 3m+

Think id rather sell Byrne than Buchanan, at least then if we got Mengi n Wisdom in as expected we would have them 2 plus Ebosele & McDonald as backups. Cant have Forsyth as our main left back all season.

Let’s be honest, we’re going to have to sell one or two players to give us wriggle room.  Buchanan is one of our saleable assets, simple as that, so if a reasonable offer comes in for him he’ll be sold.  I’d be gutted if he went to F*rest but needs must and we’re flat skint.

I’m assuming as it stands we couldn’t offer him a new contract? Although, the other side of it is that what sort of club sells a player knowing they can’t replace him other than with a free transfer on a year contract?

It’s just bad optics. I’d keep Buchanan for the season and let him go for free. Brown has already headed to Switzerland, who could’ve replaced him, so unless we’re expecting Forsyth to play 50 games next season then we really don’t have a choice but to keep him regardless of what’s on the table. 

Honestly - would rather risk him going on a free next summer. At least we’d get compensation. 

He is the best prospect of all our youngsters. He’s a Mansfield lad so perfectly possible he followed the red dogs growing up, but then so did Shaun Barker and Johnno. 

Getting maybe an extra £2m for him that we would compo isn’t worth letting Forest make a £15m profit on him next summer.