Lee Buchanan

Kernow

1 hour ago, UTFR said:

Bid of 1.9m rejected by Derby this morning.

Not looking to sell but is thought abid any where north of £4.5m could see it done.

*all figures made up

Not a chance in hell going for 4.5m that should be chucked out of window ripped up in front of city ground saying no deal you got to do better than that.

17 minutes ago, S8TY said:

That is your opinion Buchanan doesn’t cost us goals week after week and is a much better attacking option … Bogle used to get to the half way line and had no idea how to beat someone when he was first on scene he was ok but his game went downhill he was no loss as Byrne is better RB by a stretch 

The stats don't come anywhere close to suggesting Buchanan is a better attacking option than Bogle so I'm not sure where you've got that idea. Buchanan's form dropped off to the point that an ageing forsyth replaced him as both defensively and going forward he lost his mojo. That is to be almost expected in a player that up until this season has barely played in the first team. I'm not denying Buchanan's got the potential to be a good left back at this level he has, but Bogle broke through to the first team 2 years earlier, has wracked up a lot more appearances, played at a higher level, and got proportionally twice as many assists as Buchanan and scored more goals. 

11 minutes ago, S8TY said:

If anyone seriously thinks Bogle Is a better player than Buchanan then we will see

Buchanan will end up playing in the prem for someone Bogle won’t …need to watch there body starting position for starters in certain scenarios I was at Charlton and a ball to back post easily scored and Davies ripped Bogle a new one right in front of me and he was right …asleep….again! Watch first Villa goal at Wembley back post Bogle …nowhere too late because doesnt concentrate let’s not get into to the Forest goals he gifted them two games running eh when has Buchanan gifted goals to the opposition?

I stick by what I see on the pitch and even though most don’t agree I’d have Buchanan over Bogle every day 

Cocu wasn’t sure about him hence trying him at RM a couple of times 

Bogle has already played in the premiership.... 

Bogle may as well have played for Forest the amount of goals he gift wrapped for them.  I assume Forest had a gander, saw the 1 year and had a pop at a paltry sum to take the piss.  Alas, Derby have the option of a years extension.  I have no doubt Derby would sell if the offer was right, but I'm not sure he'd want to go .  Better of staying here for a year and moving to a club who might do something next summer .

8 minutes ago, Rev said:

Chatter about them offering Grabban as a swop.

Surely nonsense. Don't want him anywhere near this football club. Selling Buchanan would be one thing, to then sell him to forest would be another. A swap deal involving grabban would be something else entirely. 

1 hour ago, S8TY said:

I was at Charlton and a ball to back post easily scored and Davies ripped Bogle a new one right in front of me and he was right …asleep….again

You must've been watching a different game then. 

First goal Bogle pushes up to mark the right winger, Johnny Williams runs past Bielik, who watches him and slowly jogs back, into the RB area that Bogle had just moved from to keep with his player, Davies not quick enough to cover, Bogle not quick enough to get back, cross and Bonne gets ahead of Clarke to score (same as Villa's first goal at Wembley). 2nd is a corner from the right, free header for Davies' man, who got blocked off by Bogle's man, at the back stick. 3rd goal Shinnie gives the ball away and they score a screamer. 

As a club we are desperate for money. If another club has funds, it makes sense for them to circle us looking for talent. Buchanan did far better than I expected last season but in case you didn't realize, we are a club desperate for money.

People are saying we have no replacement but for a start we have Forsyth and Shinnie who can play there. 

If the money is decent we have too take it. End of. 

Some players improve and others regress. I don't know what direction Buchanan will go but if we have to sacrifice him for the good of the club, then so be it. I would rather sell young Lee, promising as he is, than Sibley or Knight.

6 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

As a club we are desperate for money. If another club has funds, it makes sense for them to circle us looking for talent. Buchanan did far better than I expected last season but in case you didn't realize, we are a club desperate for money.

People are saying we have no replacement but for a start we have Forsyth and Shinnie who can play there. 

Some players improve and others regress. I don't know what direction Buchanan will go but if we have to sacrifice him for the good of the club, then so be it. I would rather sell young Lee, promising as he is, than Sibley or Knight.

Yes, they can play there, but only as cover. We would have to sign a replacement and I'm doubtful we can loan someone good enough under embargo rules, and there's a limited selection of free agents who'd be willing to join. The number 1 selection on this forum seems to be someone who played 15 minutes of league football last season!

The cash from selling Buchanan at this point doesn't outweigh the risk of relegation which would cost us much more.

14 hours ago, Leeds Ram said:

The stats don't come anywhere close to suggesting Buchanan is a better attacking option than Bogle so I'm not sure where you've got that idea. Buchanan's form dropped off to the point that an ageing forsyth replaced him as both defensively and going forward he lost his mojo. That is to be almost expected in a player that up until this season has barely played in the first team. I'm not denying Buchanan's got the potential to be a good left back at this level he has, but Bogle broke through to the first team 2 years earlier, has wracked up a lot more appearances, played at a higher level, and got proportionally twice as many assists as Buchanan and scored more goals. 

But what have the Romans ever done for us ?

8 hours ago, Carl Sagan said:

Having Fozzy and Shinnie as players who can play left back is good cover for the season, in case of injuries or suspensions. But it would be so incredibly foolish to go into the season with Fozzy and his injury history as your starter, and the backups being a starting central midfielder and a 17 year old.

If Buchanan goes, he would need replacing. That is a must. We do not currently have a direct replacement without seriously weakening our side 

Anything near 3 million and he will be gone. Mel is paying the wages out of his own pocket, and that fee would give him 2 months wages paid (although the fee would likely be instalments). We also need to pay customs, and that is cash we don’t have. Any half decent bid, and Buchanan is out the door. The best thing we can do now is put him in the shop window and get some prem teams interested. I have no issue selling, but not to Forest.

Edited by Floppy Sausage

2 hours ago, Floppy Sausage said:

Anything near 3 million and he will be gone. Mel is paying the wages out of his own pocket, and that fee would give him 2 months wages paid (although the fee would likely be instalments). We also need to pay customs, and that is cash we don’t have. Any half decent bid, and Buchanan is out the door. The best thing we can do now is put him in the shop window and get some prem teams interested. I have no issue selling, but not to Forest.

Not a chance in hell and he is worth more than that.