v Salford City - Pre Season Friendly

Day

Not liking the managing dynamic on the touchline during this drinks break. Cazim having a go at bird so rooney shields bird away telling him not to listen too him. Then liam rosenior is giving out different instructions to different players. Can the manager not be the one giving out instructions? Then there is another coach giving different instructions to another player. It just seems like complete chaos. Doesnt seem like anyone is really in control of anything. 

Bird has played a few more forward passed today which is good to see but he is STILL hiding from the defenders and offering no outball from the back. He needs to work much harder to make himself available to link the defence to the attack. It is so frustrating to watch the defenders struggling to find a pass when Bird is just stood still hiding behind the Salford attackers. Sometimes it looks like he runs behind them and hides himself on purpose. 

2 minutes ago, Derbados said:

I can’t see this new style of play the Rooney referred to, most of our play spent passing sideways and backwards in our own half, midfield non existent and totally toothless up front. 

I think the new style is when we have the ball at the back, both Byrne & Buchanan advance about 15yards, Bird & Carroll pull out wide into the vacant space with either Lawrence or Morrison dropping into the space created by Bird & Carroll going wide

Pretty mediocre so far. Byrne, Aluko, Carroll, Lawrence and Morrison getting toward the edge of their boxes at time but not much coming from it. Any goal will likely be a back post header or CKR V Man U edge of box style finish.

They're doing us down the flanks and odd people like Morrison and Aluko are giving fouls away. Byrne actually being pressed back a bit.

Can we have Bowyer back?

1 minute ago, Ramslad1992 said:

Rather give my fiver to the club… they need it more than I do at the minute! 

Fair comment. Can’t bring myself to fork out a fiver for a friendly though. Call me a cheatskate if you like.

4 minutes ago, Rammy03 said:

Missed the first half, could someone summarise how we've been playing

Played better than Salford.  

Building well from the back.

Bird standout ,

Penalty very  soft .

Should have scored at least 2 .

Good workout for pre season .

Derby looked ok but not prolific.

Some good stuff but CKR getting irritated 

Need to play with higher tempo .

Typical pre season