v Salford City - Pre Season Friendly

Day

4 minutes ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Whether going, ramstving or ignoring, we could really do with a morale boosting win. 

Yes I realise it's pre season and a friendly but we need to banish the memories of our end of season run and get some confidence into the squad to hopefully get us a decent start to the league campaign. 

One of those things, we all know pre season is about fitness only, performances and results are not worth stressing about as they are completely irrelevant as to how your season will go.

But…..

Winning football games gives you that warm fuzzy feeling and optimism despite the opposition.

Sure there will be a few that say, “it was only Salford” but they tend to be the glass half empty type that have a bet on us going down.

But remember if we lose, it’s fitness only!

2 minutes ago, David said:

One of those things, we all know pre season is about fitness only, performances and results are not worth stressing about as they are completely irrelevant as to how your season will go.

But…..

Winning football games gives you that warm fuzzy feeling and optimism despite the opposition.

Sure there will be a few that say, “it was only Salford” but they tend to be the glass half empty type that have a bet on us going down.

Indeed. Look at how poorly we have started in recent seasons following disastrous pre seasons. 

Algarve Cup anyone? 

6 minutes ago, David said:

But…..

I think you're right about the results but I'd disagree about performances. If we're not looking any good during pre-season that can be a warning sign that we're not really up to par. It's by no means definitive but I do think performances are something to look at as well as fitness.