Festy Ebosele

RoyMac5

8 hours ago, MackworthRamIsGod said:

I said at the beginning of the game today "I'm not sure I rate Ebosele as highly as others, he has pace but no end product"

What a wally.

Only Fools And Horses Today GIF

Thing is, 4-5 games ago, you were right. What’s really impressing me is his rate of improvement. When he first came in, he’d get to the byline and then overhit a cross a looping cross. Tonight he was going inside and outside, hitting a variety of crosses and looking a genuine threat every time. 
It’s his attacking intent that makes him so exciting to watch, but which at the same time makes him a bit of a risk defensively. Their goal was down to a combination of tired legs and him wanting to win the ball and attack with it rather than just prevent their player getting past him. 
If that’s the risk we have to take, so be it. 

For those of you loving what Ebosele is bringing to the team, you will probably love what Ebiowei can offer too.

Not as fast, but his close control is better and his finishing this season for the u18s has been awesome.

If we can get new deals sorted and keep Ebosele, I think the pair of them could devastate defended in years to come.

29 minutes ago, roboto said:

For those of you loving what Ebosele is bringing to the team, you will probably love what Ebiowei can offer too.

Not as fast, but his close control is better and his finishing this season for the u18s has been awesome.

If we can get new deals sorted and keep Ebosele, I think the pair of them could devastate defended in years to come.

Love Ebiowei but he's definitely a forward  whereas Festy is a good defender too so perhaps a more complete player. Although Ebiowei is a natural goalscorer,  which Festy definitely is not.

It's great to have them both.

34 minutes ago, SamUltraRam said:

Ebosele - not just a great player but has comfortably played right back, left back, right wing & left wing.

I don't remember any players of the past being able to do that. (although Jason Knight would probably have a go !!)

Tremendous versatility

He's no Dean Moxey

1 hour ago, roboto said:

To be fair, I thought his 5 minutes last night was enough to justify more time….a very good cameo. 

43 minutes ago, angieram said:

Love Ebiowei but he's definitely a forward  whereas Festy is a good defender too so perhaps a more complete player. Although Ebiowei is a natural goalscorer,  which Festy definitely is not.

Interesting comparison between the merits of forwards and defenders.

Jackie Stamps once described Roy McFarland as "The world's best centre forward - gone to waste".

1 hour ago, SamUltraRam said:

Ebosele - not just a great player but has comfortably played right back, left back, right wing & left wing.

I don't remember any players of the past being able to do that. 

Anya? Oh, sorry, you said 'comfortably'! ?

2 hours ago, angieram said:

I can't wait for the day when we have Festy and Ebiowei both established at RB and RW. Opposition defences will ? themselves just at the thought of it

Someone like Festy is why I love watching football. Seeing him switch on the afterburners and leave defenders in his wake is superb. You could feel the excitement in the crowd when he got the ball in wide positions and what a great assist and goal. I'm sure he will go on to great things (of course he already is with Derby!) and I'll be following his career with interest.

I have said a few months back that festy can go all the way and some were questioning his final ball. True that his final ball is sometimes not the best it could be but, not since wanchope have we had a genuinely exciting bums off seats player that is so unpredictable and enjoyable to watch. His pace is enough to get him in a real top team in the future.

Takeover sorted then get him a long contract. It's about time our academy got the money (transfer fees) credit that they deserve.

We are staying up.