Festy Ebosele

RoyMac5

Think since his debut he’s always been, what I’ve come to dub him as, ‘the best crap footballer ever’. He’s a young Michael Antonio. He’ll go either way. He’ll learn how to use what he’s got and become a very good player or he’ll fade into obscurity.

As for him not getting into the box, give him some leeway. He was a full-back until last season. It’ll still be his natural instinct to come onto play. 

Before anybody says “well that should be coached”, again, it’s a complete position change for a 19 year-old, it’ll be one of the finer details that comes eventually.

Infuriating last night. One of, if not THE fastest player in the league. A couple of times had the chance to break on the them and he seemed to just jog with it, and then got caught!

A few times just jogging back when Cardiff we're going down the left, only then to sprint when he realises he should be back. (That may have been where Cashin chested it in the 6 yard box?)

For a player with no a great amount of skill or finesse on the ball, why does he insist on cutting inside and running into traffic. Has a much better chance when he goes round the outside.

Needs to really improve other areas of his game otherwise he's gonna get found out as a 1 trick pony.

48 minutes ago, WamRam said:

Infuriating last night. One of, if not THE fastest player in the league. A couple of times had the chance to break on the them and he seemed to just jog with it, and then got caught!

A few times just jogging back when Cardiff we're going down the left, only then to sprint when he realises he should be back. (That may have been where Cashin chested it in the 6 yard box?)

For a player with no a great amount of skill or finesse on the ball, why does he insist on cutting inside and running into traffic. Has a much better chance when he goes round the outside.

Needs to really improve other areas of his game otherwise he's gonna get found out as a 1 trick pony.

Correct no end product what so ever he is young and been forced in the first team before ready,another Adam Traore in the making cant get a regular start for the very same reason

59 minutes ago, WamRam said:

Tad harsh on the lad.

He’s in a team where ‘give it to Festy’ is our only real attacking option.

That’s a lot of pressure for a boy in his first full season. Also, he gets so little support. Byrne works with him but few demand the ball in the box.

You’re right about his defending. He needs to get closer, quicker. Allowing a wide man space gives him the chance to look up and assess options before the challenge comes in.

I think he has overall done remarkably well.

I have got a bit of a theory about this; his change has come since Rooney rightfully pointed out his lack of end product a few weeks back. Since then, you can tell he is almost too conscious about slowing down and thinking about what he is doing and almost not sprinting as he is over conscious about running it out of play and taking Rooney's advice - it's a weird conundrum.

To be honest, I never massively rated him at the start (it's a game of opinions) but I hugely respect his raw attributes and when playing in the raw manner he did at the start, there is definitely a place for him in the team as he terrifies defenders and drags the team up the pitch; we just have to accept that there will be no end product sometimes. On the other hand, currently, he isn't offering us anything as he has stopped doing the raw, dangerous things he did at the start and is consciously trying to make himself become something I don't think he's capable of being.

This may be the ramblings of a mad man but I know what I mean and it certainly isn't a dig - just an honest evaluation. I want to see the Festy when he first burst on to scene - frustrating but exhilerating -there is nothing stopping him trying to improve certain areas of his game, just not to the detriment of his current strengths.

Edited by Collo_DCFC11

3 minutes ago, Collo_DCFC11 said:

I have got a bit of a theory about this; his change has come since Rooney rightfully pointed out his lack of end product a few weeks back. Since then, you can tell he is almost too conscious about slowing down and thinking about what he is doing and almost not sprinting as he is over conscious about running it out of play and taking Rooney's advice - it's a weird conundrum.

To be honest, I never massively rated him at the start (it's a game of opinions) but I hugely respect his raw attributes and when playing in the raw manner he did at the start, there is definitely a place for him in the team as he terrifies defenders and drags the team up the pitch; we just have to accept that there will be no end product sometimes. On the other hand, currently, he isn't offering us anything as he has stopped doing the raw, dangerous things he did at the start and is consciously trying to make himself become something I don't think he's capable of being.

This may be the ramblings of a mad man but I know what I mean and it certainly isn't a dig - just an honest evaluation. I want to see the Festy when he first burst on to scene - frustrating but exhilerating -there is nothing stopping him trying to improve certain areas of his game, just not to the detriment of his current strengths.

Pretty much spot on,he is playing first team football two years to soon which is down to were we find ourselves,i think the commentators on the game last night mentioned on a few occasions his positioning is awful and needs to get in the box more

Ebosele is the only threat we currently have so folks jump on the bits he gets wrong.

Like the way they want to get rid of Lawrence because of his stupid sending off. It was stupid but, heck, we're struggling now without him. So the solution, according to some, is to be without him permanently ?‍♂️

16 hours ago, cannable said:

Think since his debut he’s always been, what I’ve come to dub him as, ‘the best crap footballer ever’. He’s a young Michael Antonio. He’ll go either way. He’ll learn how to use what he’s got and become a very good player or he’ll fade into obscurity.

As for him not getting into the box, give him some leeway. He was a full-back until last season. It’ll still be his natural instinct to come onto play. 

Before anybody says “well that should be coached”, again, it’s a complete position change for a 19 year-old, it’ll be one of the finer details that comes eventually.

Actually he can through as a attacker the got dropped back obviously for this reason but has just been forced to go back attacking so he should know better for being in correct places, but in all fairness he's a young lad and he will get there even tho he's not the greatest of footballers

1 hour ago, Dcfcsr92 said:

Actually he can through as a attacker the got dropped back obviously for this reason but has just been forced to go back attacking so he should know better for being in correct places, but in all fairness he's a young lad and he will get there even tho he's not the greatest of footballers

Signed as a forward but by the end of the 18/19 season (still only 16) he was used at RB more than further forward. That's how it continued until introduced to the first team under Rooney. Those are 3 big years 'lost' in terms of development and learning the role