Festy Ebosele

RoyMac5

Saw the nuisance Udinese rumour resurfaced in the transfer thread today. From everything we’ve seen of Ebosele so far, he seems a grounded and intelligent young man who can see the bigger picture rather than short term glory.

He seems settled in the area personally and is flourishing with the current coaching system and his first team opportunity.

I hope we’re in a position to reward with a well earned contract soon.

26 minutes ago, roboto said:

Saw the nuisance Udinese rumour resurfaced in the transfer thread today. From everything we’ve seen of Ebosele so far, he seems a grounded and intelligent young man who can see the bigger picture rather than short term glory.

He seems settled in the area personally and is flourishing with the current coaching system and his first team opportunity.

I Hope Please GIF

11 hours ago, roboto said:

I fear the problem will be that even if we get a takeover sorted in time, the problem will be the ongoing restrictions which will limit how much we can offer him, possibly both salary and length, the EFL will have a say in what we do for the next 2 years.

I too hope that the other factors play a big part in any decision he makes, and agents don't get buzzing in his ear too much, but whatever he decides, I'm glad I've seen the start of his career.

Clearly WR has a lot of time for him and seems to be flourishing with the youngsters, I wonder if they still have to pinch themselves who they are talking to every day!

14 minutes ago, Rich84 said:

I fear the problem will be that even if we get a takeover sorted in time, the problem will be the ongoing restrictions which will limit how much we can offer him, possibly both salary and length, the EFL will have a say in what we do for the next 2 years.

I too hope that the other factors play a big part in any decision he makes, and agents don't get buzzing in his ear too much, but whatever he decides, I'm glad I've seen the start of his career.

Clearly WR has a lot of time for him and seems to be flourishing with the youngsters, I wonder if they still have to pinch themselves who they are talking to every day!

Perhaps your last para is key - if Wayne is still with us this may make a difference to player decisions

Edited by CBRammette
Fat fingers

"He hasn't done a medical and as far as I am aware no contract has been agreed. There has been contact from the club [Udinese] to the administrators," Rooney said. "Of course we were left in a position where if he chooses he wants to go and play there, because of the situation [with Derby's transfer embargo], that's his choice.

"But he is a player we want to keep and hopefully the news we have had today on the Middlesbrough situation hopefully we can start getting a contract in front of him because we want to keep him.

He is a huge talent. Myself and the other coaches have developed him mentally as a player and we want the opportunity to carry on doing that, and keep getting more out of him."

Asked if Ebosele had expressed a desire to stay, Rooney said: "I have only spoke to him briefly once about it and you can see the enjoyment he has from playing for this club. Now I can speak to him, but not just speak him, hopefully we can get a contract in front of him if the EFL allow us to do that, and then he's got a decision to make."

I hope we do keep him.  He does seem to love this club and his development from the raw baby that came on against Crawley to now is huge; that's down to Rooney and the coaching staff, and of course Festy's desire to learn.  If WR stays, then I'd hope Festy would stay and develop for at least another year then if we get an offer after that it will be for decent money. 

47 minutes ago, BucksRam said:

I hope we do keep him.  He does seem to love this club and his development from the raw baby that came on against Crawley to now is huge; that's down to Rooney and the coaching staff, and of course Festy's desire to learn.  If WR stays, then I'd hope Festy would stay and develop for at least another year then if we get an offer after that it will be for decent money. 

He must have been a baby if he made his debut against Crawley ?