Festy Ebosele

RoyMac5

27 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

How do you know how he was told to play?

He's a youngster learning his trade - playing all over the shop for us. #COYR

Im not having a go, im just saying he looked like he was holding back, whether that is due to his injury or instructions I dont know. Not sure why Rooney would tell him not to beat his man in a 1 vs 1 though.

Plenty of times he went on dribbling runs past 3 or 4 players, but when it came to outright use of his pace he didnt do it.

7 minutes ago, sage said:

I didn't think he was particularly good today. He seems to be saving his hamstrings which if so, really detracts from his potential.

He came inside too often instead of staying wide. The other players kept telling him to keep wide.

Doesn’t really show his footballing brain today, he stayed wide when he should have been an option in the box and then he came inside when we needed him wide. He looked way too relaxed for me, typical of a player that doesn’t have much pressure on his position. I think he played better when he was fighting Joz for his shirt. 

2 minutes ago, DCFC27 said:

Doesn’t really show his footballing brain today, he stayed wide when he should have been an option in the box and then he came inside when we needed him wide. He looked way too relaxed for me, typical of a player that doesn’t have much pressure on his position. I think he played better when he was fighting Joz for his shirt. 

Competition means he can go flat out whilst he's on the pitch as he has cover. Our depth at the moment means he has to pace himself a lot more. 3 games until we have Lawrence and Kazim back in the team and we can finally rotate forwards a bit.

6 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Competition means he can go flat out whilst he's on the pitch as he has cover. Our depth at the moment means he has to pace himself a lot more. 3 games until we have Lawrence and Kazim back in the team and we can finally rotate forwards a bit.

I don’t think footballers actually think about that when they’re playing. If they did, I don’t think they would make it into professional football. 

13 hours ago, DCFC27 said:

Boro players showed him on to his left foot a lot which seemed to nullify him.One thing he will have to cut out is Hugging and High fiving players when he gets another player sent off. No fans like that.

In the second half, I know he was left back after the switchover but his somewhat refusal to get in the box was frustrating as hell. Good players don’t hold back.

Also, he should have positioned himself immortelle on their injured player but he didn’t quite seem to have the awareness or intelligence to do this.

I really hope he stays but he's a pretty vocal lad on social media and he's not come out and trashed the rumour so there's clearly something to it. That said, he's given his absolute all for the club so while it would break my heart to see him leave, I'd not begrudge him the move. Oh to have one season though of Festy and Ebi in the same side! These lads would terrorise this league next year!

Even worse is the fact that this lad's worth big money already and we don't stand to profit at all if he does walk. That'll be twice now Watford have dry-humped us for our best young talents and it makes me feel sick just thinking about it. Just wish more kids would take the Bellingham route and sign even if they have a side agreement to leave. That way, Festy would achieve hero status, the club would get a timely financial boost and we could all look back fondly. There'd be plenty of clubs willing to pay a fair fee for Festy after all and if the right offer and club were in, there's no way Wazza would deny him the move. These kids seem to get so poorly advised at times - pay the agent not the club - it makes me sick.

As it is, it'll be more akin to vultures picking over a carcass. Clearly Wazza is desperate to keep him, but the longer this isn't put to bed, the more I fear it happening. I also feel bad for Festy - it's his future and had Morris not chucked us into admin we'd be safe from relegation and able to at least offer him a viable option. As it is, we're still not in a position to offer him anything. I also have a nasty feeling Quantuma have their fingers in the pie and once again, Wazza is the last to know.

9 hours ago, 86 Hair Islands said:

I really hope he stays but he's a pretty vocal lad on social media and he's not come out and trashed the rumour so there's clearly something to it. That said, he's given his absolute all for the club so while it would break my heart to see him leave, I'd not begrudge him the move...

He's hardly going to ruin any new contract negotiating levers is he. Whilst you say he didn't 'trash it' - he was clearly happy to post Insta pics of him in Amsterdam not Udinese.

image.thumb.png.8fff73f87d6136c9b3306c7d837d8c17.png

On 20/02/2022 at 23:15, 86 Hair Islands said:

Oh to have one season though of Festy and Ebi in the same side! These lads would terrorise this league next year!

Ebi? I take it you mean Malcolm Ebiowie? Based on what? 5 mins as a sub….one 23s performance…goals in the U18s against fellow 16/17 year olds? You’ve seen enough to think he’d tear up the championship next year? Fair enough but I personally think that’s a stretch at best ?

Even worse is the fact that this lad's worth big money already and we don't stand to profit at all if he does walk

Derby would still get a fair chunk of profit based on him being U24 and a youth product clearly showing Derby have hugely contributed to his development. Granted not multi millions but it will be a big profit nonetheless.

Just wish more kids would take the Bellingham route and sign even if they have a side agreement to leave. That way, Festy would achieve hero status, the club would get a timely financial boost and we could all look back fondly. There'd be plenty of clubs willing to pay a fair fee for Festy

Unless a club is absolutely swimming in it all that does is affect the amount Festy would receive in wages or signing on fees. The only loser would be Festy…

These kids seem to get so poorly advised at times - pay the agent not the club - it makes me sick

How do you know if he’s poorly advised? Have you ever spoken to an agent? Most are very good and as you’d expect, know their jobs inside out. If we are to get relegated (highly likely) then advising Festy to hold on and take a move in the summer will be the very best advice he can give him. Even if we aren’t relegated holding on to see which division we are in will affect length of contract, wages and career development so again very sound advise.

I also feel bad for Festy - it's his future and had Morris not chucked us into admin we'd be safe from relegation and able to at least offer him a viable option. As it is, we're still not in a position to offer him anything

If Mel Morris hadnt of made a pigs ear of it, the chances are Festy may well have been released in the summer as had been planned or he’d have not had a chance to break through anyway. As for admin, if the alternative was liquidation then relegation wasn’t ever a going concern anyway!

9 minutes ago, Ravabeerbelly said:

If Mel Morris hadnt of made a pigs ear of it, the chances are Festy may well have been released in the summer as had been planned or he’d have not had a chance to break through anyway. As for admin, if the alternative was liquidation then relegation wasn’t ever a going concern anyway!

I find that idea stunning. It was quite clear he'd got pace, and ability on the ball and was able to use his strength well. Why would he have been released, do you know?

Just now, Boycie said:

Now let me state that I’ve been a big fan of Festy in the u23’s and the first team when he came through, but..

does he seem bothered since the transfer speculation?

No beating him man down the line, no speculation in the box, it’s like he’s on half power?

just me?

Since his game vs Hull he seems to have hit the brakes. I mentioned a week or so ago that he seems to be reluctant to hit full pace.