Current Expectations for the Upcoming Season

2021/2022 Season Expectations  

298 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Too early to say. With the euros on not lots of teams doing business. We also have the takeover and the EFL charge to be concluded.

The squad we have today is way too small, assuming we have minimal cash to spend have to sell to buy, and we get no points deduction I think top expectation should  be 15th-21st and it will be a real struggle. 

The only way this will change is if (assuming they’re still here) the likes of Buchanan Knight Bird Sibley step up and get that consistency become top championship players (like Reading’s young talent did this season), Bielik plays half a season and Rooney all of a sudden demonstrates he does have a style of play and is a promising manager.  If all of this happens and the stars align we might be 6th-10th. But this is all unknown at this point.

As it stands you have to say it will be a season of struggle but it could change. 

As it stands,with Wayne as manager,no money for incoming players and the lack of a new owner,it's relegation for sure.

If Wayne goes and we get someone in who can utilise,improve and mould our young players then I'd say we could survive.

Given a large points deduction tho,then we are down.

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong

Absolutely no expectations whatsoever at this stage & little cause for optimism;

• Threadbare squad although that can (& will) be supplemented by under-23 step ups & free transfers - some good ones out there
  • Still no news on the punishment following the partial EFL appeal success & what effect that has on next season
  • Still no news on the ownership of the club & whether that brings funds or more importantly better/any strategic direction
  • Worst manager in the division with equally inexperienced coaches around him

Fair to say there's a lot of work to be done in the next 6 weeks. 

As it stands, relegation 100%. 
Just over 7 weeks to the start of the new season and we have no idea where the club is on ownership, we have about 13 first team players under contract, can’t buy a single player, have a very poor coaching team (manager included) and are under threat of sanction by the EFL. 

It’s so dispiriting - even the 1983/84 debacle was better than this.

Edited by Jayram

I'm expecting trouble ahead.
The fiddlers to have fled, before they ask us to pay the bill.
I'm expecting to be without the moon, humming a different tune.
I foresee tear drops being shed.

... But while there's moonlight... and music... and love... and romance... I see dancing... in the street... behind an open top bus!

WINNERS!  ?

copyright Nat King Cole.  1884.  Sort of.  ish.

Just now, Mucker1884 said:

I'm expecting trouble ahead.
The fiddlers to have fled, before they ask us to pay the bill.
I'm expecting to be without the moon, humming a different tune.
I foresee tear drops being shed.

... But while there's moonlight... and music... and love... and romance... I see dancing... in the street... behind an open top bus!

WINNERS!  ?

copyright Nat King Cole.  1884.  Sort of.  ish.

More of the same.

32 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

What a bunch of defeatism 

Burley brought in Idiakez Tommy Smith and Bragstad and then Raziak and Reich and we flew up to the playoffs from a relegation team - and they cost not one Penny in transfer fees if I remember correctly 

anything is possible 

You've misread the thread. The poll is where people think we'd finish at as things currently stand. It isnt where do you think we'll finish after buying half a dozen players. People are being realistic and saying we'll go down with our current situation and most will reassess if we build a new team.

Pre-season starts in 3 weeks or so?

Ownership unresolved, several players contracts unresolved, along with huge gaps in the squad.

And that’s without talking into consideration the factors outside our control, or abilities of the management/coaching staff and ending one of the worst run of results in any division.

It doesn’t look good. We could do ok and turn things around quickly, but at this moment in time it’s looking like another avoid relegation job.

3 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I'm interested to see where we think Derby will finish based on our current situation. I am aiming to re-run this poll just before our first match to see how opinions may have changed based on any transfer activity and pre-season action that may occur.

For anyone saying it's too soon, re-read my comment right under the poll. I wanted to try and get a comparison in place once our transfer window is complete.