Current Expectations for the Upcoming Season

2021/2022 Season Expectations  

298 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

As things stand, we'll finish bottom. 

I can't see much being resolved on the ownership issue before Christmas. I'll be surprised if we don't get a points deduction, and that will make it harder to bring in decent players...if we can get out of embargo. I think the first half of the season will be an attempt to stay in touch with 20th.

Next year could be very different though. If we can do business in January and have some cash to spend, we could be pretty competitive. I'm hoping that we do well in 2nd half of the season and claw our way to 18th.

On the embargo- if it is just about publishing the accounts, why don't we just publish them? OK, we might have to re-state them later, but at least we could think about bringing players in in the meantime. Maybe sell Knight and bring in 5 journeymen with the cash. Not a recipe for promotion, but maybe insurance against relegation?

On 17/06/2021 at 18:29, Curtains said:

7th to 14th 

Ive gone the same.

Think many on here underestimate the effect of having fans back in the ground for starters.

The squad on paper is much better than last seasons finish.

A full pre season with the squad and I think Rooney will have us playing much different to what we saw last season.

41 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Ive gone the same.

Think many on here underestimate the effect of having fans back in the ground for starters.

The squad on paper is much better than last seasons finish.

A full pre season with the squad and I think Rooney will have us playing much different to what we saw last season.

What do you think Rooney will change? Won’t all teams benefit from fans back in the grounds?

On 17/06/2021 at 19:12, Sparkle said:

What a bunch of defeatism 

Burley brought in Idiakez Tommy Smith and Bragstad and then Raziak and Reich and we flew up to the playoffs from a relegation team - and they cost not one Penny in transfer fees if I remember correctly 

anything is possible 

Let’s bring Burley back then ?

On 17/06/2021 at 16:27, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

This is why I would like to run this question again in the run up to our first match, I'm sure if a takeover happens in the next week and we fill the gaps in the squad properly we will be fine. I just can't see it right now to be honest.

Right now, I can’t see anything other than relegation with the squad at its current strength and the players playing at the levels they did last year.

My first hope is that the young players learnt a lot and their levels will pick up - we often see young players have a drop off in their second season.

Second hope is that we pick up a couple of decent transfers.

Third hope is that Bielik comes back fully fit and doesn’t have any more breakdowns.

Looking forward to the next instalment of this poll, where two of these hopes have transitioned to realities, and I can up my prediction to champions ?

1 hour ago, Jimbo Ram said:

What do you think Rooney will change? Won’t all teams benefit from fans back in the grounds?

I think he will implement his own style of play. Would be absolutely astounded if what we saw last season is how he would want his team playing long term.

Personally I think the teams with bigger crowds will benefit more.

1 minute ago, G STAR RAM said:

I think he will implement his own style of play. Would be absolutely astounded if what we saw last season is how he would want his team playing long term.

Personally I think the teams with bigger crowds will benefit more.

So you don’t think he was in a position to implement his style of play during the 35 games last season?