Current Expectations for the Upcoming Season

2021/2022 Season Expectations  

298 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I'm interested to see where we think Derby will finish based on our current situation. I am aiming to re-run this poll just before our first match to see how opinions may have changed based on any transfer activity and pre-season action that may occur.

Edited by JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta

Just now, hintonsboots said:

Difficult one without all the information, Takeover, EFL, squad incoming/ outgoing, but I’m going for the play offs

This is why I would like to run this question again in the run up to our first match, I'm sure if a takeover happens in the next week and we fill the gaps in the squad properly we will be fine. I just can't see it right now to be honest.

Of course this is all subject to summer transfers, points deduction etc. Unless our recruitment team has a barnstormer I think we'll really struggle this season. I can't see us atm finishing higher than 15th (being optimistic) and could easily see us finishing bottom of the pile this time around. I don't rate the manager at all nor the coaching staff. To top it all off, we're under severe financial restrictions and our squad is falling apart at the seams. Just bedding in so many players is a massive challenge that I'm not convinced we can meet anyway and the players we're currently linked with scream relegation battle. 

Unless something significant changes imminently, such as a credible takeover with significant investment etc, no points deduction from the EFL and the lifting of the soft transfer embargo then unfortunately I think we’ll finish rock bottom. 

3 minutes ago, Taribo said:

Must be a difficult job for the recruitment team, one list for 'embargo signings', another for 'no-takeover' signings, a third for 'local-consortium takeover' signings and a fourth for 'Spanish/Saudi etc. £20m players, dodgy-deals-money no object' signings.

I really don’t think any scenario will matter to our recruitment team, they’ll stay true to form and recruit some absolute garbage no matter which pool we’re fishing in 

Right now with the squad as it is it's obviously relegation. We've not got any senior centre backs signed for next season atm and barely any strikers. 

If we actually take part in the transfer market the above assessment will hopefully change significantly.