Current Expectations for the Upcoming Season

2021/2022 Season Expectations  

298 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Well I wasn’t looking forward to the next season for various reasons but today’s nonsense from the EFL has really got my passion back so I will be looking forward to every single point we can achieve and up you EFL 

our youngsters will never be more important than this season so let’s back them and not complain about anybody connected to the club and let all those outside of the club keep conspiring against us whilst we give them a kick in the never regions 

4 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

Well I wasn’t looking forward to the next season for various reasons but today’s nonsense from the EFL has really got my passion back so I will be looking forward to every single point we can achieve and up you EFL 

our youngsters will never be more important than this season so let’s back them and not complain about anybody connected to the club and let all those outside of the club keep conspiring against us whilst we give them a kick in the never regions 

I think saying its just the EFL excuses Mels role in putting us in the situation we are currently in, he has more responsibility than the EFL. Also Rooney won't be exempt from criticism if the football is dire and we are in the bottom 3.

Just now, Marriott Ram99 said:

I think saying its just the EFL excuses Mels role in putting us in the situation we are currently in, he has more responsibility than the EFL. Also Rooney won't be exempt from criticism if the football is dire and we are in the bottom 3.

I think you were missing my point

1 minute ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

Still playing the blame game?

2 minutes ago, The Scarlet Pimpernel said:

Still playing the blame game?

Not really a blame game when he is obviously at fault. Has ran the club terribly, he may have had some bad luck with Covid and Rowett and Lampard going but we have been run terribly and we can't blame the EFL for being run in a Del Boy style way and then running out of money after not going up.  If you look where the team and club was when he came in compared to now that says it all. From one of the best run clubs with one of the best squads to a relegation scrapping, skint mess. 

Edited by Marriot Ram99

22 minutes ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

Not really a blame game when he is obviously at fault. Has ran the club terribly, he may have had some bad luck with Covid and Rowett and Lampard going but we have been run terribly and we can't blame the EFL for being run in a Del Boy style way and then running out of money after not going up.  If you look where the team and club was when he came in compared to now that says it all. From one of the best run clubs with one of the best squads to a relegation scrapping, skint mess. 

And unless you have a time machine we can only go forwards. So ...

33 minutes ago, Sparkle said:

today’s nonsense from the EFL has really got my passion back so I will be looking forward to every single point we can achieve and up you EFL 

our youngsters will never be more important than this season so let’s back them and not complain about anybody connected to the club and let all those outside of the club keep conspiring against us whilst we give them a kick in the nether regions 

?? #COYR

Edited by RoyMac5

3 minutes ago, jimtastic56 said:

Curtis Davies talking on Sky has just hit the nail on the head , how can any club attract players with all this EFL stuff going on? 

Saw that. He talked as if the club are expecting a points deduction but expected it to be for this season not last. I expected him to be a bit more defensive….the club have abided by the required regulations and feel we have stuck by the rules etc….but there was none of that. Hope he stays.

Three good teams have come down from the Prem, three good teams have got promoted from League One. 

We only just, just, just survived, by desperately drawing with a team who had a points deduction, on the last day of the season.

If nothing changes can't see any other outcome than relegation.

At this point I'll be excited if there's an opening game of the season for Derby. I'll worry about expectations for the end of the season once we're playing.

3 minutes ago, SaintRam said:

At this point I'll be excited if there's an opening game of the season for Derby. I'll worry about expectations for the end of the season once we're playing.

I kinda hope we go bust if I'm honest. Will serve Mel and the efl right. It's the people who rely on the jobs the club creates that would come out badly from it