Current Expectations for the Upcoming Season

2021/2022 Season Expectations  

298 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Currently ………15th-20th absolutely shambolic situation we find ourselves in and will be lucky to escape relegation again. 

As per the poll, ask me again if we have anyone to actually take us over, any decent signings, a managerial team that gets any quality out of the squad and a large slice of luck if the young players step up. 

Relegated, unfortunately I can’t see anything else. At present we have a worse squad than last season with a inexperienced management team who only just survived by the skin of our teeth. Unless something significant happens off the pitch I can sadly only see a horrific season on it. 

7 hours ago, uttoxram75 said:

We'll do the double. Win the league and the FA Cup. 

There's never a doubt in my mind, I believe we will do this every season

It will happen before I join Steve Bloomer watching.......?

I didn’t have you down as a doom and gloom merchant. What about the Carabao cup (or whatever it’s called)? ?

As things stand I voted for 15th-20th on the basis that everyone currently on the books is fit and available and that they stay that way until Xmas at least (e.g. Bielik).  We should be able to accumulate enough points to be at around 10th at the turn of the year, then we'll probably drop like a stone once key people get injured or go missing in action, dip into the drop zone in March, and then stage another spectacular escape on the last day to finish 19th.

The takeover will be completed during the season, Wazza will then get funds to strengthen, and 2022-23 will see a top 6 finish and possibly even top 2 due to the new investment and some astute loan signings from the PL.

13 hours ago, GenBr said:

You've misread the thread. The poll is where people think we'd finish at as things currently stand. It isnt where do you think we'll finish after buying half a dozen players. People are being realistic and saying we'll go down with our current situation and most will reassess if we build a new team.

Fair enough ?