Wayne Rooney

EdinRam

Freedom of Derby  

63 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

It’s not great but I couldn’t care less about the stories in the papers about Wayne over the weekend and it will not have any bearing on what happens here. To see some posters using it as a stick to beat Rooney with just fits with the anti-Rooney agenda those posters have. 

However, if the whispers Nixon is spouting about injury to a young championship player end up having any connection to our club - that is a different matter and I would be far more concerned about that. 

Premier league statement on integrity ...

"Integrity

We expect all Premier League Personnel to conduct themselves with integrity and in a manner that reflects positively on the image of the Premier League and football in general.  We expect all Premier League Personnel to be reliable, professional, honest and trustworthy both in dealings with each other and third parties.  This guiding principle informs the others that follow, and encompasses all aspects of our activities."

Should Rooney be expected to conduct himself with integrity to avoid tarnishing the name of the club.

He is rumoured to be earning 90k per week, circa 4.7 million a year. 

Largely paid for by fans paying for merchandise and tickets.

I note that at present it's not confirmed if the latest news about Rooney is accurate, reliable or upto date.

1 hour ago, RamsFan10 said:

Of course they haven't. But when the manager doesn't either what chance is there. 

As I have said already, the most successful manager in ours and Forests history was a raging alcoholic that eventually killed him, didnt stop him winning a couple of league titles, a couple of European Cups, super cups, a load of league cups, simod cups, manager of the year, European manager of the year, Order of the British Empire……! Etc etc etc. 
doesn’t seem like the players he managed were that bothered with what he was doing in his own time..!?

1 hour ago, Anon said:

Sibley is average right now. He has potential, but there are huge gaps in his game and he does go missing. I don't think even the most ardent Sibley fanboy would have an issue admitting that. What I really struggle with though, is the same people who are fine with leaving out Sibley because he's a bit raw are advocating replacing him with Ravel Morrison. A 28 year old who only has marginally more Championship experience than Sibley. A 28 year old who still gets talked about in terms of his "potential" rather than any achievements. It's utterly insane. Not to mention if we develop Sibley (fat chance under Wayne) he's a good asset at 19. We stand to gain far less (duck all in fact) by developing a 28 year old who leaves every single club he sits on the bench for on a free or has his contract cancelled.

I am in total agreement about Morrison, I wouldn’t pick him, but also i don’t think we will have a choice soon as out numbers will be so small It will be whoever is fit gets a game, so Sibley will end up playing 30+ games this season. 

4 minutes ago, Oldben said:

Premier league statement on integrity ...

"Integrity

We expect all Premier League Personnel to conduct themselves with integrity and in a manner that reflects positively on the image of the Premier League and football in general.  We expect all Premier League Personnel to be reliable, professional, honest and trustworthy both in dealings with each other and third parties.  This guiding principle informs the others that follow, and encompasses all aspects of our activities."

Should Rooney be expected to conduct himself with integrity to avoid tarnishing the name of the club.

He is rumoured to be earning 90k per week, circa 4.7 million a year. 

Largely paid for by fans paying for merchandise and tickets.

I note that at present it's not confirmed if the latest news about Rooney is accurate, reliable or upto date.

Most professional or responsible roles will have something to the effect of "expecation to conduct themselves in an appropreate manner that will not bring embarrasment to the company" somewhere in the contract. If you've got a big boy job with big boy wages, then act like a grown up. In the real world it's a pretty reasonable expectation.

1 hour ago, Ravabeerbelly said:

The minute it said “snap chat model” I lost interest in the story. I mean what even is that? These ‘types’ are the scum of the earth. Walking wastes of fresh air. If I was their parent, I’d be disgusted with what I’d brought up.

As an aside can you imagine the outrage from other women and the media had the roles been reversed? 

Best thing we can all do is move on and talk about football again…..no matter how bad some think it is ?

I read as far as “£60 hotel room” and thought wow that snap chat modelling career just really be paying off….I wonder why they are selling the photos to the scummy sun and the daily fail if they can afford luxuries like a £60 hotel room……which by the way, if that room is £60 then I am booking the wrong hotels..

2 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

I read as far as “£60 hotel room” and thought wow that snap chat modelling career just really be paying off….I wonder why they are selling the photos to the scummy sun and the daily fail if they can afford luxuries like a £60 hotel room……which by the way, if that room is £60 then I am booking the wrong hotels..

To be fair, due to demand based pricing nice hotel rooms have been quite reasonable during the pandemic.

8 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

Most professional or responsible roles will have something to the effect of "expecation to conduct themselves in an appropreate manner that will not bring embarrasment to the company" somewhere in the contract. If you've got a big boy job with big boy wages, then act like a grown up. In the real world it's a pretty reasonable expectation.

Wayne’s conduct has been far from ideal in these difficult times. The reputation of our fantastic club has been tarnished recently but most people would expect our Manager to have the basic nous to keep himself away from embarrassing situations.

Time to do the right thing Wayne - resign your incredibly well paid position and concentrate on what is important in life, looking after yourself and your family.

7 minutes ago, chadlad said:

Wayne’s conduct has been far from ideal in these difficult times. The reputation of our fantastic club has been tarnished recently but most people would expect our Manager to have the basic nous to keep himself away from embarrassing situations.

Time to do the right thing Wayne - resign your incredibly well paid position and concentrate on what is important in life, looking after yourself and your family.

Whatever Wayne Rooney has or has not done (let’s remember we don’t actually know what happened) let’s not kid ourselves that It has tarnished any fantastic reputation we have or had, the club is the laughing stock of the leagues nothing to do with what Rooney 

34 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

As I have said already, the most successful manager in ours and Forests history was a raging alcoholic that eventually killed him, didnt stop him winning a couple of league titles, a couple of European Cups, super cups, a load of league cups, simod cups, manager of the year, European manager of the year, Order of the British Empire……! Etc etc etc. 
doesn’t seem like the players he managed were that bothered with what he was doing in his own time..!?

Completely different era with completely different standards of professionalism and within a different context. IMO that's not really a valid comparison. 

1 minute ago, RamsFan10 said:

Completely different era with completely different standards of professionalism and within a different context. IMO that's not really a valid comparison. 

He's not done owt but fall asleep after clubbing. You must have led a very quiet life are you Amish?

2 minutes ago, RamsFan10 said:

Pre insta days. No wannabe reality stars trying to get self promo photos to raise their profiles and advertising revenue. Although with Wayne in a stupor despite the situation, what products would you suggest ? Horlicks ?

6 minutes ago, RamsFan10 said:

Oh, I get It, because It is a manager you like then it’s fine, but these days because you don’t like the current manager it’s not ok?

8 minutes ago, RoyMac5 said:

He's not done owt but fall asleep after clubbing. You must have led a very quiet life are you Amish?

Well I'm sure we all did a bit of that in our teens and twenties.

but a mid to late 30's bloke with a family still doing it? Blimey I didn't have the stamina with 1 kid (and neither it seems did Wayne).

Anyway - doesn't he live close to manchester...doesn't colleen let him have his own key to get back in? ?

1 minute ago, Van der MoodHoover said:

Well I'm sure we all did a bit of that in our teens and twenties.

but a mid to late 30's bloke with a family still doing it? Blimey I didn't have the stamina with 1 kid (and neither it seems did Wayne).

Anyway - doesn't he live close to manchester...doesn't colleen let him have his own key to get back in? ?

You would have thought that he would have called his captain and said “come and pick me up and take me back home”……oh wait.