Wayne Rooney

EdinRam

Freedom of Derby  

63 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2 hours ago, MuespachRam said:

Oh in that case let’s sack Rooney. In fact burn him alive… 

sibley is average, if he played for Reading you wouldn’t be the slightest bit bothered about him playing against you. He needs to work out how to tackle before he does anything else. 

Yes if we had the money sack him. He is utterly clueless and tactically inept. Sibley may be average but he is more likely to make something happen than most of the individuals in the squad because they are quite frankly below average and not good enough. At least Sibley had the ability and pace to make something happen. He does need to work on his discipline but I quite like the fact he has that bit of bite about him. If he played for Reading I would be bothered about him facing us, petrified of any player playing against us because we are crap. Salford opened us up like a hot knife through butter 

5 hours ago, RoyMac5 said:

If what is true - if those photos were the 'best' they could come up with?! Sleeping in a room and being in a club?

Rose colored Rooney glasses again?  Or your usual blinkers?

2 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

How many matches must Wayne lose in charge, before you can call for his head,

an how many frees must Wayne fail to sign, before he gets in a huff,

the answer my friends, is blowin off in his face, the answer is blowing off in his face....

FTFY?

2 minutes ago, MickD said:

Rose colored Rooney glasses again?  Or your usual blinkers?

Lol. I'm not 'casting the first stone' if that's what you mean.

My usual blinkers haven't been wrong yet mate, don't you worry yourself about it. ?

Let's be honest here,Wayne is an absolute idiot getting himself into this situation whilst the team and club are already in enough mither to last a lifetime.

He may well have been taken advantage eventually of but deciding the best tactic to sorting out our loss to a league 2 side a few hours earlier was to get poo faced in a crap nightclub and end up passed out and having photographs taken in the company of two half naked blondes in their hotel room,probably isn't in the b/tec trainee coaching online course that he started at the end of last season.

Whatever your moral stance on this  ( I personally don't care what he gets up to,it's up to Colleen to sort that one out once again) we all have to agree that his number one focus (other than his family) has got to be on this club.

He has got to give 100 percent without nonsense distractions like this...it's hardly going to be a straight forwards job to do in the first place.

Now some are going to give him a free pass to do whatever he wishes whilst our manager but to my mind he needs to knuckle down at the job in hand and prove to the players and us that he truly wants and deserves this job and is willing to give his all.

If he can and if he can turn it around then he will get the support of more of us who doubt him.

Come on Rooney,sort yourself out son.

Is everyone assuming that these are recent photos still? From what I saw of them the pics of Rooney didn't look too recent. He's definitely added some timber since the pics were taken.

I agree that they don't show him in the best light and will obviously be causing more bad publicity for the club at a delicate time, but let's not assume that he's gone straight out on a bender after the Salford match and got himself in this situation.

Boss is a person who has the role.

Leader is the person who has the people.

Rooney is definitely the before mentioned and during these difficult times we definitely would need the latter. I haven't watched the latest news as they won't change my stance. Rooney shouldn't be even close to the role he has in our club.

9 minutes ago, kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong said:

Let's be honest here,Wayne is an absolute idiot getting himself into this situation whilst the team and club are already in enough mither to last a lifetime.

He may well have been taken advantage eventually of but deciding the best tactic to sorting out our loss to a league 2 side a few hours earlier was to get poo faced in a crap nightclub and end up passed out and having photographs taken in the company of two half naked blondes in their hotel room,probably isn't in the b/tec trainee coaching online course that he started at the end of last season.

Whatever your moral stance on this  ( I personally don't care what he gets up to,it's up to Colleen to sort that one out once again) we all have to agree that his number one focus (other than his family) has got to be on this club.

He has got to give 100 percent without nonsense distractions like this...it's hardly going to be a straight forwards job to do in the first place.

Now some are going to give him a free pass to do whatever he wishes whilst our manager but to my mind he needs to knuckle down at the job in hand and prove to the players and us that he truly wants and deserves this job and is willing to give his all.

If he can and if he can turn it around then he will get the support of more of us who doubt him.

Come on Rooney,sort yourself out son.

Pretty much agree with this. It's mostly just personally embarrassing for Rooney. It's no serious wrongdoing on his part, I'll advised for sure, not conducive to a happy marriage perhaps, but hardly at the dangerous moral failing level.

It's not an issue I'd really be expecting anything (sacking or whatever) to be made public. He might have some sort of chat internally about public perception but no more than that.

However, it's not exactly a good look and we have serious on field and off field issues to resolve.

17 minutes ago, roboto said:

Is everyone assuming that these are recent photos still? From what I saw of them the pics of Rooney didn't look too recent. He's definitely added some timber since the pics were taken.

I agree that they don't show him in the best light and will obviously be causing more bad publicity for the club at a delicate time, but let's not assume that he's gone straight out on a bender after the Salford match and got himself in this situation.

It's accepted that it was mate, sadly.

Edited by kash_a_ram_a_ding_dong

20 minutes ago, roboto said:

Wayne Rooney reports photos to Greater Manchester Police - BBC News

"The photos, which were shared widely on social media, appear to show the Derby County manager asleep in a chair with unknown women posing beside him.

It is not known when the images were taken and there is no suggestion Rooney has behaved in any way inappropriately."

Or not then? Unless that means time of night?

1 hour ago, MuespachRam said:

Whatever Wayne Rooney has or has not done (let’s remember we don’t actually know what happened) let’s not kid ourselves that It has tarnished any fantastic reputation we have or had, the club is the laughing stock of the leagues nothing to do with what Rooney 

I would guess then it’s a case of WR trying to manage highly paid professional footballers with do as I say not as I do.

Given the club’s recent history I would say that DCFC need a manager who players can respect and look to for help and guidance, especially our younger lads.

Think I can safely say that Wayne is not that man…