Wayne Rooney

EdinRam

Freedom of Derby  

63 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Abu Dhabi Ram said:

It’s just embarrassing to support DCFC at the moment!! I have to laugh at the club now, what else is there to do. 

Oh dear. Things getting tough for you? You could support an easier club?

Always and ever a Derby fan. 

Edited by RoyMac5

1 hour ago, BuckoBeast said:

Yes I watch every game. And I think whilst Sibley is on the pitch there is a chance he might score or create something, especially over anybody else. And at the minute we can’t score goals

Oh in that case let’s sack Rooney. In fact burn him alive… 

sibley is average, if he played for Reading you wouldn’t be the slightest bit bothered about him playing against you. He needs to work out how to tackle before he does anything else. 

I'm never embarrased to support Derby - your team's your team.

It's not always easy, there's more downs than ups mostly, but that's par for the course if you don't support a glamour team.

...and the Wayne Rooney hotel room, or "Fartgate" as I hope it becomes known, is personnally very embarrasing for Rooney, but it's just an embarrassing situation, it is not like the Joiners episode, or the EFL situation or unpaid debts which are embarrassing to the club.

Yes, Wayne should've probably judged his situation better, but he is far more farted upon than farting.

Private life should be private. Seems he was taken advantage of and was fully clothed for which he has my sympathy but as many have said, he should know by now not to put himself in these situations. Now he is also in a position of influence and should be setting an example to the youngsters at the club. If I was looking to sign my son into an academy or the club generally not sure would look to Derby especially if another player better known for off the field antics also joins. (As well as everything else obviously) 

6 minutes ago, MuespachRam said:

Oh in that case let’s sack Rooney. In fact burn him alive… 

sibley is average, if he played for Reading you wouldn’t be the slightest bit bothered about him playing against you. He needs to work out how to tackle before he does anything else. 

Sibley is average right now. He has potential, but there are huge gaps in his game and he does go missing. I don't think even the most ardent Sibley fanboy would have an issue admitting that. What I really struggle with though, is the same people who are fine with leaving out Sibley because he's a bit raw are advocating replacing him with Ravel Morrison. A 28 year old who only has marginally more Championship experience than Sibley. A 28 year old who still gets talked about in terms of his "potential" rather than any achievements. It's utterly insane. Not to mention if we develop Sibley (fat chance under Wayne) he's a good asset at 19. We stand to gain far less (duck all in fact) by developing a 28 year old who leaves every single club he sits on the bench for on a free or has his contract cancelled.

36 minutes ago, Stockyram92 said:

With everything going on at the club who can blame him for wanting to get in that state and forget about it all, I think about it regularly 

Colleen? 

5 minutes ago, Anon said:

Sibley is average right now. He has potential, but there are huge gaps in his game and he does go missing. I don't think even the most ardent Sibley fanboy would have an issue admitting that. What I really struggle with though, is the same people who are fine with leaving out Sibley because he's a bit raw are advocating replacing him with Ravel Morrison. A 28 year old who only has marginally more Championship experience than Sibley. A 28 year old who still gets talked about in terms of his "potential" rather than any achievements. It's utterly insane. Not to mention if we develop Sibley (fat chance under Wayne) he's a good asset at 19. We stand to gain far less (duck all in fact) by developing a 28 year old who leaves every single club he sits on the bench for on a free or has his contract cancelled.

I’m amazed that some of our fans would even pick that hill to die on.

If you aren’t going to look after one of your clubs talented youngsters and be interested in them progressing then what’s the point?

The minute it said “snap chat model” I lost interest in the story. I mean what even is that? These ‘types’ are the scum of the earth. Walking wastes of fresh air. If I was their parent, I’d be disgusted with what I’d brought up.

As an aside can you imagine the outrage from other women and the media had the roles been reversed? 

Best thing we can all do is move on and talk about football again…..no matter how bad some think it is ?

Edited by Ravabeerbelly

Stress is not only found in sports performance, but across many aspects of life; however in football management, stress refers to the relationship between an individual and the environmental demands that are associated with the individual’s football management performance. The football manager and the environmental demands should be balanced in order for the football manager to perform at their optimum level, otherwise there could be negative effects on the football managers performance.

In respect to Rooney, how good was his performance last season, when a number of stress factors effected his ability to see Derby perform at their optimum.

The primary reason for Derbys performance last season was probably not Rooneys ability to handle stress, but did it play a part.

Do we need a manager who is at optimum performance for the season ahead.