Relegation watch

Spanish

7 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

I don't think it matters how many home games you have, there is no fans in the stadiums.

Coventry’s home form is significantly better than their away form. 31 of their 42 points have been picked up at home.

Sheff Wed’s home form is significantly better than their away form. 27 points won versus 14 won away from home. 24 v 11 if you account for their points deduction.

Our home form is better than our away form. 24 points won v 19.

Huddersfield’s home form is better too. 30 points won v 14.

The only exception currently is Rotherham and they have five home games, including 4 in 11 days, to correct that.

Like I’ve said, if we win our home games, we should be fine. But there is definitely a chance for Rotherham and Wednesday to make it an uncomfortable few weeks for us.

20 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

They only have the worst home record in the division because they have played three fewer home games than the majority of the division.

They have the worst home record because they currently have the fewest points at home and the fewest points per game as well.

2 minutes ago, ram59 said:

They have the worst home record because they currently have the fewest points at home and the fewest points per game as well.

Let’s see how they fare in the next 10 days or so.

If they are going to have any chance of staying up, it’ll have to improve.

16 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Coventry’s home form is significantly better than their away form. 31 of their 42 points have been picked up at home.

Sheff Wed’s home form is significantly better than their away form. 27 points won versus 14 won away from home. 24 v 11 if you account for their points deduction.

The only exception currently is Rotherham and they have five home games, including 4 in 11 days, to correct that.

Like I’ve said, if we win our home games, we should be fine. But there is definitely a chance for Rotherham and Wednesday to make it an uncomfortable few weeks for us.

When there's less than 6 games left to play, I don't think you can take home form into the battle of survival. Its all about who you still have to play, Whether it be teams around you or teams at the top still chasing promotion, or even teams in the middle of the table.  Sheff Wed have only 18 points to win and have an 8 point gap to close on us, plus the goal diff. Barring the Swansea game, most of their matches could be winnable but they have not much better form than Derby in their last 5 games. Rotherham have a 7 point gap to close on the Rams but have Coventry and Birmingham also fighting for survival and they still have 4 teams to play from the top 10 of  the table, where they have only registered one win all season.

38 minutes ago, Jourdan said:

Don’t get all this hand wringing over home and away. Our form is patchy, we need two good performances. As likely to happen home or away, pretty much,  and I don’t give a monkeys which it is. I think we’ll do it. 

2 minutes ago, Foreveram said:

And if he keeps us up ?

Still sack him ?

it doesn’t look like that is going to happen though with Young Erik declaring his support. 

This is the championship, all games are winnable for all teams, likewise, all games are losable for all teams. Teams who have something to play for will beat you because they're trying, or lose to you because they're edgy. Teams who have nothing to play for will beat you because they're relaxed, or lose to you because they're 'on the beach'.

Unfortunately, I think that the next few weeks are going to be a rollercoaster, unless the next 11 days produce a perfect set of results, for Derby.

6 hours ago, Dinnitdough said:

I think its great that teams struggle to score against us, but at what cost?

Today we were good, but it can’t all be bad luck or lack of margins on our side, we keep losing cause we don’t score.

Know im being Cpt.Obvious here, but if long passes and crosses into the box are our main attacking strategy, we need more than one man(Kazim) in said box.

Captain Obvious here, but we don't have any other forwards who can head a ball 

And if short passes and through-balls are the tactic, then players will need someone to pass to. 

Jozwiak made a number of runs in behind today. Roberts made a couple too.

How many times have we seen a lone midfielder stuck between dribbling til they lose possession or forced to shoot in awkward position cause there literally aren’t any other option. 

I wonder if we have fitness issues, cause most other teams seem fully capable of running up and down the pitch,

Small squad, it's bound to catch up on them 

to support the defence and the attack, while we seem determined to focus on the defensive aspect alone.

COYR.

8 minutes ago, Millenniumram said:

Massive few games coming up. I don’t think this team has the baalocks to get the results we need to survive. Hope they prove me wrong.

I'm not convinced we have the baalocks but more importantly we don't have quality upfront! 

Apart from Kaz's burst of scoring which may well keep us in this division this lot are not even 3rd tier standard as an attacking force. It will surprise me if we win another game. Let's hope the bottom three are equally crap!

Just noticed Roverum are playing both Tuesday (QPR) and Thursday (Coventry) this week. Got to be tough ask..

Do you use the squad and save some from the first game to help the second? (Weekening first game team)

Or..

Just go one game at a time with best available, hope to win it and deal with fall out hoping for a draw in the second?

As these are both games amongst the easier they have left neither are in the “free hit” category. They need to win both.

It all comes down to the next 3 games for us. If we pick up 5 points then we should be ok, 6 should do it and we can relax for the last two games, regardless of what Rotherham and Wednesday do. Anything less then it will probably go to the last day of the season.

Im encouraged because we’ve put three good performances together in a row now and been unlucky in our last two games against good teams. We’ve created chances, the games before the international break we weren’t creating anything. There is absolutely no reason why we can’t win the next three games, bring this level of performance im confident we’ll get what we need. Return to the performances like against Stoke and Cov then I will be worried.

1 hour ago, Dean (hick) Saunders said:

Just noticed Roverum are playing both Tuesday (QPR) and Thursday (Coventry) this week. Got to be tough ask..

Do you use the squad and save some from the first game to help the second? (Weekening first game team)

Or..

Just go one game at a time with best available, hope to win it and deal with fall out hoping for a draw in the second?

As these are both games amongst the easier they have left neither are in the “free hit” category. They need to win both.

They don’t really have a “squad” , they have a small pool of players . It seems very possible the players will be fatigued and pick up injuries. This will be the test for them with so many games in a short space of time