Relegation watch

Spanish

5 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

That Wednesday game sticks in my mind because it was a travesty we lost, we absolutely battered them and should’ve been 3-0 before they scored 

Cov & Wycombe at home spring to my mind, 2 late equalisers which cost us 4pts. Especially Cov when Stretton hit the bar in the 90th min to put us 2-0 up. 

33 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

Wow, so you’re saying Rotherham are safe because they have 9 matches to play. 

they’ve just lost 2 and drawn against a very poor Huddersfield. I honestly doubt they’ll even get the points they need to catch us now. 

we’re the Newcastle of the championship. We’re close enough to the bottom to keep it interesting but ultimately, Fulham don’t have it in them to catch Newcastle, and Rotherham don’t have it in them to catch us. Too many games in too short a time, all against superior opposition. 

we all like to create a bit of drama, but ultimately the most predictable result is normally what will transpire. Saying that Rotherham aren’t even in the ‘it’s between x, y and z’ list is just daft, when they’re clearly the favourites to go down. 

It’s called a prediction. They can be tough opponents, and could easily have won yesterday. I’m predicting they will stay up and they have 9 matches to sort themselves out. The table could look very different next weekend 

1 hour ago, DCFC1388 said:

Cov & Wycombe at home spring to my mind, 2 late equalisers which cost us 4pts. Especially Cov when Stretton hit the bar in the 90th min to put us 2-0 up. 

Yeah agree, they were bad points dropped but still quite poor performances. That first 60 mins at Wednesday was the best football we’ve played all season.

18 hours ago, Ghost of Clough said:

Captain Obvious here, but we don't have any other forwards who can head a ball 

Jozwiak made a number of runs in behind today. Roberts made a couple too.

Small squad, it's bound to catch up on them 

Its possible to score inside the box without using your head. That being said I think even Joz could score a header if he wasn't under too much pressure.

But I get were ur coming from.

3 hours ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

It’s called a prediction. They can be tough opponents, and could easily have won yesterday. I’m predicting they will stay up and they have 9 matches to sort themselves out. The table could look very different next weekend 

A prediction is fine. By all means predict that Rotherham will eventually escape, but to say that they’re not included in the relegation conversation, seeing as they currently sit in pole position for it, is daft. 

6 minutes ago, TigerTedd said:

A prediction is fine. By all means predict that Rotherham will eventually escape, but to say that they’re not included in the relegation conversation, seeing as they currently sit in pole position for it, is daft. 

Didn't say they are not involved in the relegation conversation, I just don't think they will go down, I may be wrong. I think it will be between Derby, Coventry and Huddersfield. I sincerely hope Rotherham don't pick up another point but I think they can be hard to play against from watching our matches against all of those teams plus and I have a feeling they will go on a good run.  

Rotherham aren't dead and buried, yes they have fixtures piling up but they won't lose them all. If they win 1 and draw 1 they'll still move within 4 points of us which is too close for comfort. Sheffield Wednesday are 8 behind but have a game in hand and play us on the final day. As they play us on the final day they just need to get within 3 points of us to make it competitive. That could mean clawing anywhere between 5 or 2 points from the remaining 4 games on us depending on their game in hand results. I think 5 might be too much but they have good games at home so a couple of good results and we could be staring into the abyss very quickly. 

19 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

Rotherham aren't dead and buried, yes they have fixtures piling up but they won't lose them all. If they win 1 and draw 1 they'll still move within 4 points of us which is too close for comfort. Sheffield Wednesday are 8 behind but have a game in hand and play us on the final day. As they play us on the final day they just need to get within 3 points of us to make it competitive. That could mean clawing anywhere between 5 or 2 points from the remaining 4 games on us depending on their game in hand results. I think 5 might be too much but they have good games at home so a couple of good results and we could be staring into the abyss very quickly. 

I think we will need to pick up some points, can’t just rely on the poor results of others...

52 minutes ago, Leeds Ram said:

If if if

14 hours ago, TigerTedd said:

Just noticed next Saturdays games are being rescheduled for the funeral, that’s going to cause Rotherham even more of a headache, one way or another it’s going to reduce some rest time to the next game, or from the previous game.

Rotherham are not playing on the day of the Funeral, because they have a game Tuesday (QPR), then Thursday (Coventry). Their weekend game is Sunday (Birmingham), Then another game on the Wednesday (M'Boro) followed by Saturday 24th (Barnsley) and again Tuesday 27th (Brentford). Thats 6 matches in 14 days and when they have finished with their April fixtures they will only have the one game in hand over the rest of teams down the bottom of the table. Their games in May are Saturday 1st (Blackburn), Tues 4th (Luton) and last game Saturday 8th (Cardiff). Meaning they have 9 matches in 26 days!

11 hours ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

Rotherham have 9 matches left. I think it’s between Derby Coventry and Huddersfield but I’m starting to think we’ve had it after watching our last few matches. 

9 matches in 26 days, it would be the greatest escape of all time to pull it off. I would fear Sheff Weds more than Rotherham if we kept on losing, even they would have to win their game in hand and gain 5 points on us to catch us.

10 hours ago, Marriott Ram99 said:

Look at our striker situation and you can see why we don't score it isnt Rooneys fault imo. Kazim is not fit and is playing like the overhill player people expected because of it, Gregory is out and Waghorn is bang average and injured half the time or poo the other half of the time with the odd good performance sprinkled in. Jozwiak scores at a rate of 1 goal for every 100 shots its simply the fact we have attackers performing at league 1 quality in the final third. 

Once Gregory gets playing again with Sibley on as well and hopefully Roberts gets a run in the team where he creates some goals we should have just about enough to stay up. 

I think Gregory will not be fit until May, when we have just 2 matches to play. Kazim, as pointed out is not fully fit. Stretton is injured, Waghorn could be back soon, but does'nt seem to score any more. That leaves us with young Cresswell if things get worse with our strikers.

8 hours ago, TheresOnlyWanChope said:

You might be predicting Rotherham to stay up, but the bookies have a different opinion. Bookies don't get fleeced very often, they have Wycombe favourites for relegation followed by Sheff Wed then Rotherham. Coventry being the next on the list. Information from "Oddschecker. com" under Championship Relegation. It shows all the major betting companies odds against the teams. Derby are 4 to 1 to go down.

32 minutes ago, plymouthram said:

You might be predicting Rotherham to stay up, but the bookies have a different opinion. Bookies don't get fleeced very often, they have Wycombe favourites for relegation followed by Sheff Wed then Rotherham. Coventry being the next on the list. Information from "Oddschecker. com" under Championship Relegation. It shows all the major betting companies odds against the teams. Derby are 4 to 1 to go down.

Odds don't mean much. Odds reflect what people are putting money on. I don't think much more needs to be said about that. It would hardly be the greatest escape ever if Rotherham stayed up. 

7 hours ago, plymouthram said:

9 matches in 26 days, it would be the greatest escape of all time to pull it off. I would fear Sheff Weds more than Rotherham if we kept on losing, even they would have to win their game in hand and gain 5 points on us to catch us.

I fear them also especially as they would make up three of those five points if they beat us. That last game could be very nervy.

9 hours ago, plymouthram said:

They can catch up three by beating us so then only two points need to have been gained more than us 

1 hour ago, Tamworthram said:

I fear them also especially as they would make up three of those five points if they beat us. That last game could be very nervy.

That's assuming they win their game in hand.

If we win just 1 of our final 5 games (which is a reasonable expectstion), Weds will need 11 points from their final 6 games just to take it to GD. It's extremely unlikely that they move above us.

7 minutes ago, Ghost of Clough said:

That's assuming they win their game in hand.

If we win just 1 of our final 5 games (which is a reasonable expectstion), Weds will need 11 points from their final 6 games just to take it to GD. It's extremely unlikely that they move above us.

This is all so terribly disappointing. Each of the players seem to do well enough, at times, but probably not often enough. I thought that all of the loan signings looked to be good ones. Substitutions made, appear to be good ones. One win in ten; that is very bad. Three bookings, in the first few minutes; those were seriously bad news. Could none of them have been avoided?

19 minutes ago, desirelines said:

We're the third worst team in the division based on form (last 6 fixtures). The two teams worse than us? Our next two opponents! Blackburn haven't won in seven games, and Preston only have one win in the their last eight. Surely we can win at least one of those games?

Except of course they’re probably thinking exactly the same “surely they can beat us” and no doubt consider their home games against us as the most winnable of their remaining fixtures.