Relegation watch

Spanish

1 minute ago, Ruud Aralliss said:

I agree, just trying to stay in denial about it.  Hoping wasn’t come down to that, but in reality, it will.  
Will have to borrow my mum’s blood pressure machine and my works defibrillator for those games.

Definitely be a case of hiding behind the sofa and watering the garden me thinks.....

If we match or better Rotherhams points total in their next 4 games at home to QPR, Cov, Bham & Boro from our 2 away games at Blackburn & Preston then I will be relatively happy going into our final 3 games, even if Rotherham would still have 5 to play.

Edited by DCFC1388

14 minutes ago, matty1986 said:

There is every chance Wednesday wont have anything to play for by the time out game arrives.

If we still need 3pts and can't get them in that scenario, we will deserve everything that will ensue.

It's been said many times before that just because a team have nothing to play for they should be walkover. Quite the opposite on many occasions. 

If it does come down to us needing to beat Wednesday and with them having nothing to play for, we'll be anxious and nervous whilst they'll be able to play with free of any pressure.

2 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

It's been said many times before that just because a team have nothing to play for they should be walkover. Quite the opposite on many occasions. 

If it does come down to us needing to beat Wednesday and with them having nothing to play for, we'll be anxious and nervous whilst they'll be able to play with free of any pressure.

Don’t think Reading had anything to play for when they beat us on the last game of the season and kicked us out of the play offs did they ?

3 minutes ago, Tamworthram said:

I don't disagree, and like many, still have the nightmares from Reading 2015. 

I just don't necessarily see the game being a 'winner takes all' 90 minutes for both sides.

Whether that is better or worse is of course debatable.

2 minutes ago, matty1986 said:

I don't disagree, and like many, still have the nightmares from Reading 2015. 

I just don't necessarily see the game being a 'winner takes all' 90 minutes for both sides.

Whether that is better or worse is of course debatable.

Exactly, it could help or hinder our case but, your post suggested if we can't beat a team playing without pressure when there is enormous pressure on us then we deserve to go down.  We deserve to go down if we finish in the bottom three. 

We expected to lose to today, realistically is Blackburn and Preston we need to get our points from - win one and we'll in the etter position for the brum and Wednesday games to get the other win we will probably need.

I think 2 wins will do us OK and if we get one before those games I think we'll do what's needed.

Just now, Tamworthram said:

Exactly, it could help or hinder our case but, your post suggested if we can't beat a team playing without pressure when there is enormous pressure on us then we deserve to go down.  We deserve to go down if we finish in the bottom three. 

Perhaps it was phrased poorly.

If we lose that match, under those hypothetical circumstances, we will deserve to go down based on that specific missed opportunity, but also the 45 games which preceded it.

Although, on balance, I still believe it preferrable to play a poor side already demoralised by relegation than one with a significant incentive to win.

Anyhow, I'm ever the optimist and naturally hope it doesn't come to that. We shall see.