El DerbyCo

roboto

2 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

In all seriousness though, asuming Alonso has gone the way of Shakey, who is there?

MSD who basically own us through debt.

The GSE types who didn't lose enough money the first time around. Perhaps they think with a proper potato in the oven this time they'll do it right.

Gadsby.

Sam "fiducary duty" Rush.

I'm not seeing too many ethically sound benevolent billionaires wishing to aquire Derby County.

duck it, do just say to Fawaz, go on then, have a go.

Sam Rush and Andy Appleby are currently business partners.

2 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

In all seriousness though, asuming Alonso has gone the way of Shakey, who is there?

MSD who basically own us through debt.

The GSE types who didn't lose enough money the first time around. Perhaps they think with a proper potato in the oven this time they'll do it right.

Gadsby.

Sam "fiducary duty" Rush.

I'm not seeing too many ethically sound benevolent billionaires wishing to aquire Derby County.

duck it, do just say to Fawaz, go on then, have a go.

The one direction guy must have a few Bob to spare/waste

7 minutes ago, RadioactiveWaste said:

The unstoppable force of GSE's tight fistedness meets the imovable object of Sam Rush's fiduciary duty.

One thing would be for sure, Nigel Clough would not be involved.

Just had a vision of Nigel buying us - he'd been carefully investing his cash for years and is now richer than Mel. 

43 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Rumours are that Wayne and his ‘representatives’ are looking to bring a US consortium in. So the answer to your question is ‘no’

Why is Wazza getting involved in the takeover? Needs to be planning his next club and challenge. Walsall have sacked their manager ?

1 minute ago, DarkFruitsRam7 said:

I’ll never forget seeing a Spanish Lee Croft in Tenerife.

Niche references are banned in our game.

Me and the lad can argue till the cows come home that fella is the spit of our conditioning coach, but it's still pointless.

Not all bad news though, opposite sex lookalikes are worth double points.

58 minutes ago, kevinhectoring said:

Rumours are that Wayne and his ‘representatives’ are looking to bring a US consortium in. So the answer to your question is ‘no’

I've heard this a few times now & starting to wonder if Rooney is looking to replicate David Beckham's club ownership role at Inter Miami but closer to home.

Rooney knows his strength of his brand. He knows the power of this to leverage interests particularly in a social media/influencer age. He knows we're an underperforming club with potential to be bigger & successful and with all the infrastructure in place. Similar sized clubs to us are profitable in the top division & one is in a Champions League spot. We're also close to his usual stomping ground in Cheshire. 

How would that dovetail with his managerial ambitions? Not a clue, assuming that's actually what he still wants to do. He knows the likely pressure when crowds return. He also knows that Lampard struck lucky with the Chelsea gig but got unceremoniously dumped 18 months later.

Might Rooney actually be more interested in a club building project as a Director of Football/co-owner, managing the overall club rather than just the first team. I just don't ever see him as a world class manager/tactical innovator & that is the level he would need to reach to manage top Prem clubs. Something is making him stay at Derby despite the constant turmoil & unpaid player wages...he certainly doesnt need a manager's wage & his path to a top job is a long long way fron where he is now.

My local MLS team is Charlotte FC and the CEO is Tom Glick who for those recent fans, was the CEO at Derby County some 10 years ago, before moving to the same role at Manchester City

Charlotte FC share a 75,500 capacity stadium with Carolina Panthers the local NFL team, both are owned by David Tepper the richest owner in the NFL with net worth of $12 billion. I can only hope that Tom Glick is keeping an eye on the Rams sale situation with an eye for a bargain. 

1 hour ago, kevinhectoring said:

I said this on another thread.

Rooney - or any other manager - can not be part of any consortium ever taking over the club.

Derby County cannot be treated as a pet project in the way that other ex-United players treat Salford City.

A manager must be held to account. They cannot be secure in their position simply because they partly own the club. 

7 minutes ago, IslandExile said:

Rooney - or any other manager - can not be part of any consortium ever taking over the club.

Derby County cannot be treated as a pet project in the way that other ex-United players treat Salford City.

A manager must be held to account. They cannot be secure in their position simply because they partly own the club. 

Spot on, the two need to be separate.

1 hour ago, LeedsCityRam said:

I've heard this a few times now & starting to wonder if Rooney is looking to replicate David Beckham's club ownership role at Inter Miami but closer to home.

Rooney knows his strength of his brand. He knows the power of this to leverage interests particularly in a social media/influencer age. He knows we're an underperforming club with potential to be bigger & successful and with all the infrastructure in place. Similar sized clubs to us are profitable in the top division & one is in a Champions League spot. We're also close to his usual stomping ground in Cheshire. 

How would that dovetail with his managerial ambitions? Not a clue, assuming that's actually what he still wants to do. He knows the likely pressure when crowds return. He also knows that Lampard struck lucky with the Chelsea gig but got unceremoniously dumped 18 months later.

Might Rooney actually be more interested in a club building project as a Director of Football/co-owner, managing the overall club rather than just the first team. I just don't ever see him as a world class manager/tactical innovator & that is the level he would need to reach to manage top Prem clubs. Something is making him stay at Derby despite the constant turmoil & unpaid player wages...he certainly doesnt need a manager's wage & his path to a top job is a long long way fron where he is now.

Interesting theory. Rooney must by now be aware that neither the current owner nor any of the jokers who claim to be in a position to buy the club offer anything, other than making the current situation more dire than it already is. Maybe there is something else attracting him to the DCFC, which to outsiders must be looking increasing like a basket case of a football club. 

1 hour ago, IslandExile said:

What new level of hell is this?? Rooney as part owner/CEO/DoF and can never be fired as manager?? 

1 hour ago, IslandExile said:

Unless he had sole responsibility/control then he could be sacked.So what’s the problem? Yeah sell to a chancer instead. ?

38 minutes ago, europia said:

Interesting theory. Rooney must by now be aware that neither the current owner nor any of the jokers who claim to be in a position to buy the club offer anything, other than making the current situation more dire than it already is. Maybe there is something else attracting him to the DCFC, which to outsiders must be looking increasing like a basket case of a football club. 

Perhaps the fact we can’t afford to sack him is appealing ?

2 hours ago, Jimbo Ram said:

Why is Wazza getting involved in the takeover? Needs to be planning his next club and challenge. Walsall have sacked their manager ?

Wazza is fighting for his life. This could be his first and last job as a manager. He and his acolytes will probably figure his job as manager is most secure if he has the owner in his corner. Don’t think Alonso is a guy who gets in anyone’s corner, except in order to punch them