El DerbyCo

roboto

April this year: "According to The Sun journalist Alan Nixon, a prospective buyer from the United States is still interested in the Rams but is waiting to see whether they can avoid relegation before committing to a deal."

It is my hope that other parties remain interested in Derby, especially given that Derby remain in the championship.

If alonso really can afford the club, the efl request to put 35 million into a British Bank account is the way forward, otherwise step aside now and allow other buyers to put forward their offers for the club.

Screenshot_20210509-074354_Samsung Internet.jpg

3 minutes ago, ck- said:

I’m not a MM fan but what that really shows is that his tenure has been considerably more successful until the final year.

Im struggling to see how anyone could interpret it any other way!

The red and blue lines show literally nothing, other than 2 moments in time.

7 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

Based on?

The deal not being completed. If he had everything in place the EFL tests would be done by now as it's clearly taking longer than expected. 

The only reason I can deduce for this is that the EFL are actually doing their job properly for once Alonso can't produce the required funds or proof of funds. 

Edited by JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta

3 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

The deal not being completed. If he had everything in place the EFL tests would be done by now as it's clearly taking longer than expected. 

The only reason I can deduce for this is that the EFL are actually doing their job properly for once Alonso can't produce the required funds or proof of funds. 

How long is it expected to take and when did the EFL start the process?

Didnt Alonso say yesterday that he has transferred funds?

I suppose the good news is that we must also be facing no sanctions from the EFL as that has taken longer than expected. 

6 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

How long is it expected to take and when did the EFL start the process?

Didnt Alonso say yesterday that he has transferred funds?

I suppose the good news is that we must also be facing no sanctions from the EFL as that has taken longer than expected. 

A fit and proper owners test and an EFL disciplinary hearing are not even remotely comparable. 

Alonso has been asked to provide proof of funds, seemingly a number of days ago. If he had provided it then we wouldn't be having this conversation as it would all be sorted. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what is going on.

Maybe he did sort it all out yesterday, but I doubt it. We'll find out soon enough. 

2 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

A fit and proper owners test and an EFL disciplinary hearing are not even remotely comparable. 

Alonso has been asked to provide proof of funds, seemingly a number of days ago. If he had provided it then we wouldn't be having this conversation as it would all be sorted. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out what is going on.

Maybe he did sort it all out yesterday, but I doubt it. We'll find out soon enough. 

Is any of the above actually factual or all just suposition, genuine question.

5 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

Alonso has not yet passed the fit and proper owners test. That's a fact. 

Him not having proof of funds is an assumption I have made based on the information available. 

How do you know it is a fact he has not passed the test?

What information is there available that he does not have proof of funds? As far as I am aware the only statement from any party to the transaction (Alonso himself) is that funds have been transferred?

5 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

How do you know it is a fact he has not passed the test?

What information is there available that he does not have proof of funds? As far as I am aware the only statement from any party to the transaction (Alonso himself) is that funds have been transferred?

If he had passed the fit and proper owners test and transferred the funds he would be the owner of the club. 

He hasn't, so he isn't. 

Just now, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

If he had passed the fit and proper owners test and transferred the funds he would be the owner of the club. 

He hasn't, so he isn't. 

It quite clearly isnt that simple.

Even once he theoretically passed the test there would have to be some movement of funds, depending on how the deal is structured.

7 minutes ago, G STAR RAM said:

It quite clearly isnt that simple.

Even once he theoretically passed the test there would have to be some movement of funds, depending on how the deal is structured.

If Alonso had ensured he was prepared for this process when he was making all the noise about taking us over it'd be done by now. 

Other than the money not being there in the first place, what possible reason would he have for waiting until this week to make a deposit (assuming he is telling the truth)? 

Just now, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

If Alonso had ensured he was prepared for this process when he was making all the noise about taking us over it'd be done by now. 

Other than the money not being there in the first place, what possible reason would he have for waiting until this week to make a deposit (assuming he is telling the truth)? 

Maybe he was waiting to see what league we were in?

Easy to delay stuff in the meantime.

22 hours ago, FlyBritishMidland said:

Totally agree.  I’d settle for a few mediocre seasons if you can see there’s a plan.  We were ran properly, spent wisely on players, sold wisely and developed players.  By the time they left we’d had a Wembley season, come close again and had a team on the pitch worth far more than we paid.  They definitely left us in far better shape than they found us an not many owners of any club can say that.

They took over a club in the Premier League, albeit a poo one on the pitch, and left a championship club.

We weren't in a financial mess when they took over, we were an embarrassment on the pitch, but we were still running pretty much a Championship budget.

You say we were ran wisely and spent wisely on players, but it was their attempts to keep us up, and then get us back up, by allowing Jewell to bring in so many players that led to our 'period of austerity' under Clough in the first place!

It isn't really massively different to what Mel Morris has tried to do, the biggest differences are they had a better financial starting point, far lower expectations after the Jewell disaster (which they were in part responsible for, but everybody forgets that) and curtailed the spending sooner, reigning in their ambition very early on rather than giving it another push.

Edited by Coconut

5 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Maybe he was waiting to see what league we were in?

Easy to delay stuff in the meantime.

Perhaps, although Alonso himself said he would take on the club either way so based on his own comments there should be no delay. 

From TalkSport, 

"Alonso also insisted he is fully committed to his takeover, which still needs EFL approval, even if the Rams are relegated from the Championship, which could happen if they fail to beat Sheffield Wednesday on Saturday, the final day of the campaign.

“Why not? Derby County is bigger than any division,” he added. “So yes.”. "

7 minutes ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

I have no idea at what point the EFL ask for funds to be deposited, maybe it is after other background checks have been carried out.

Either he hasn’t got the funds or was awaiting the outcome of the season before committing. Tweets are cheap I believe we’ll see movement either way in the next 48hrs.

Edited by 24Charlie

1 hour ago, 24Charlie said:

Either he hasn’t got the funds or was awaiting the outcome of the season before committing. Tweets are cheap I believe we’ll see movement either way in the next 48hrs.

Hope you are right Charlie. Be good to get ownership finalised, outcome of EFL appeal sorted and then the new manager appointed ASAP so they can start assessing the squad in plenty of time for next season ? COYR