El DerbyCo

roboto

2 hours ago, Coconut said:

It isn't really massively different to what Mel Morris has tried to do, the biggest differences are they had a better financial starting point, far lower expectations after the Jewell disaster (which they were in part responsible for, but everybody forgets that) and curtailed the spending sooner, reigning in their ambition very early on rather than giving it another push.

That is the whole point. Even in Lampards tenure he was still allowed to spend a big (for the Championship) amount. Why?

3 hours ago, JuanFloEvraTheCocu'sNesta said:

The deal not being completed. If he had everything in place the EFL tests would be done by now as it's clearly taking longer than expected. 

The only reason I can deduce for this is that the EFL are actually doing their job properly for once Alonso can't produce the required funds or proof of funds. 

I thought he said the cheque was in the post? Or was that the Sheik... ?

If Alonso doesn’t take over, which I think will be a blessing, then can we do things a little differently next time?

Is it possible to get proof of funds and the fit & proper test done before announcing the agreement publicly? Two announced takeovers which vanish into thin air is embarrassing enough, let alone any more.

My hope is now we are confirmed to be a Championship club again next season, and start level with the other 23 clubs, other waiting parties may be willing to come forward. It should be an exciting proposition once fan restrictions are lifted. Especially given the fact that it’s almost a complete fresh start on the pitch.

7 minutes ago, Kernow said:

If Alonso doesn’t take over, which I think will be a blessing, then can we do things a little differently next time?

Is it possible to get proof of funds and the fit & proper test done before announcing the agreement publicly? Two announced takeovers which vanish into thin air is embarrassing enough, let alone any more.

My hope is now we are confirmed to be a Championship club again next season, and start level with the other 23 clubs, other waiting parties may be willing to come forward. It should be an exciting proposition once fan restrictions are lifted. Especially given the fact that it’s almost a complete fresh start on the pitch.

Isnt that pretty much the way it happened with the Sheikh, just no funds ended up being sent?

I think the way we have done it this time around is fine, agreement all put into place, Mel has seen everything he wanted/needed to see so now its down to the EFL to do their job properly. If he passes then again its down to the money being sent, if he fails then we move on.

Either way it all comes down to if they actually pay the money to buy the club

So why didn’t @therams69PM somebody on here he trusts to put what he knows (almost) anonymously on the forum so the wider fan base gets put in the picture ?

He gets his bad news out, we get enlightened, he remains distanced from retribution or whatever it is that’s preventing him from spilling the beans. ?‍♂️

I mean, if things are as bleak as he would like us to believe, who’s going to put hard earned in for a season ticket that could be money down the drain ? 

With the players already gone since the start of the season, loans leaving & the players leaving on a free our wage bill could potentially be reducing up to 5m. If that is the case then having a wage bill of 10m isnt a bad place for a new owner to come into and rebuild

Roughly half of fans who responded to the DET poll reckon they would be happy for Alonso to take over, with the rest split pretty equally between 'no' and 'not sure'.

It's all a bit frying pans and fires isn't it.....

On 09/05/2021 at 06:00, ziggyram59 said:

Mel Morris do the honourable thing and get rid of this  charlatan( ALONSO) who obviously is no good for our club. I know you want to sell our club as soon as possible but please think of what you are doing. If possible try and see if Peter Gadsby maybe interested in a local bid, people like the fake sheik and Alonso are making our club the laughing stock of English football. 

"Hello, Mel Morris here, could I speak to Mr Gadsby please?"

"Hey @AdamRusty15! How's it hanging buddy? I see you got my message!"

"Haha sure did zigga-zig-ah! So you got 100 million lying about?"

"Will you take 100 quid?"

"That's 50x more than the boxer had!"

In all seriousness though, asuming Alonso has gone the way of Shakey, who is there?

MSD who basically own us through debt.

The GSE types who didn't lose enough money the first time around. Perhaps they think with a proper potato in the oven this time they'll do it right.

Gadsby.

Sam "fiducary duty" Rush.

I'm not seeing too many ethically sound benevolent billionaires wishing to aquire Derby County.

duck it, do just say to Fawaz, go on then, have a go.