Kaide Gordon - signed for Liverpool

rynny

3 hours ago, Footymum2017 said:

He's not old enough to have left school, he's in his last year.  He hadn't made the decision, that is my point and as I said they wouldn't have let him go if they didn't need the money.  So Derby haven't lost out, they have done what is best for them at this moment in time.

I'm afraid that's not necessarily true - It's definitely one possibility but not the only one

If they think it's money now or no money later then they would want to get a fee

If they thought he was 99% likely to stay just delaying a decision then they'd probably wait

If the kid of 50/50 about staying or going somewhere else they need to try and get what they can for him now as that's too big a risk to take on the whims of a kid who's head will get turned by a bigger club showing interest

Kaide has to do what's right for him obviously - But this seems more about maximising the money they get rather than being desperate to offload someone

27 minutes ago, Anag Ram said:

Great post. Makes a change from those who seem to have taken young Kaide's exit as a personal slight. 

Why would anyone do that? I can see lots of posters debating the situation with various levels of 'enthusiasm'.

If he wants to go then good luck to him... I won’t be losing sleep over a kid who may or may not actually have a career in football let alone a good one. 

he could become England’s top goal scorer or he could fall into non league in his early 20’s nobody knows.

a couple of million and it’s thank you very much Liverpool, goodbye Kaide for me. 

1 hour ago, RoyMac5 said:

Or perhaps we don't think he's worth that gamble and a few million is better to have now, than 'how much for Hughes' later down the line. How much would a 'better contract' at his level cost us afterall?!

A million quid at least ?

For all those making statements and comments about the likelihood of Kaide playing for Liverpool, well, who's to say he won't be the next Raheem Sterling...

Look at his career, did he make the right decision at the same age to leave QPR?

It's not as if Liverpool don't ever use their academy players if they are good enough, I know there are lots that don't make it but you could say Harry Wilson falls into that bracket.

Good luck to him whatever happens, yes I'd love to see a kid from my kids school play for The Rams, but hey ho

Edited by Rich84
Typo

1 hour ago, Rich84 said:

For all those making statements and comments about the likelihood of Kaide playing for Liverpool, well, who's to say he won't be the next Raheem Sterling...

Look at his career, did he make the right decision at the same age to leave QPR?

It's not as if Liverpool don't ever use their academy players if they are good enough, I know there are lots that don't make it but you could say Harry Wilson falls into that bracket.

Good luck to him whatever happens, yes I'd love to see a kid from my kids school play for The Rams, but hey ho

We’ve still got an owner who went to that same school ?

the problem with a lot of posters on here is that the schools are closed. And they write rubbish as do the Derby telegraph where most of the journalists have never seen a pen and its rehashed. if he's gone close thread its his choice move on don't cry its out of our hands. there's not one of us who knows exact position of club finances.

1 minute ago, islandram said:

the problem with a lot of posters on here is that the schools are closed. And they write rubbish as do the Derby telegraph where most of the journalists have never seen a pen and its rehashed. if he's gone close thread its his choice move on don't cry its out of our hands. there's not one of us who knows exact position of club finances.

It seems that way, but I hope Mel and Pearce have a good idea.

22 minutes ago, islandram said:

So you're just ignoring what Rooney said at today's presser! ?