EFL appeal

Sith Happens

Derbyshire Live's Rams' writer Steve Nicholson says he would "staggered" if a deduction was to be handed down at all - and especially if it was implemented for the 2020-21 campaign.

He said: "This appeal has been ongoing since September. It's an appeal against the amortisation of players - it's only that part of the initial charge.

"Derby, we must remember, were cleared of all wrongdoing so it's just that one part of it. I'm under the impression that even if Derby were to lose that one part of the appeal, it wouldn't result in a points deduction.

"We'll have to wait and see. At the moment there's no official word that Derby have lost, so we're awaiting that. But I think it would be remarkable, utterly remarkable, if suddenly Derby were given a deduction on this one part of the charge."

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/Derby-county-points-deduction-survival-24078183

11 minutes ago, Asheville Ram said:

I prefer to accept the opinion of someone who lectures in accountancy and football finance rather than the bar room opinions of non experts, you are confusing capital with liquidity, which despite requests from the EFL for the Spanish kid to deposit funds into a bank account for proof of cash has not happened.

I'm not confusing anything with anything, I'm quoting your hero and pointing out the very obvious error he has made. The thing is, I've made no comment on finances of the 'Spanish kid' as I haven't got a clue about them, that's the difference between me an Maguire - If I don't have the information, I won't pass judgment. My opinion is that I don't have a terribly warm feeling about the 'Spanish kid' but thats based on little more than inference and guesswork, much like Maguire.

Absolutely pathetic. More ineptitude from the EFL. If we were to be relegated out of this league into a non-EFL one, then it wouldn’t be the end of the world. Unfortunately we’ll just end up being amongst a group of clubs the organisation care even less about.

They can appeal a decision until they get the result they want, but once that happens it’s final?

We may as well just give up with real life football and move to video games. At least we can keep reloading that so results favour us for a change.

8 minutes ago, Yani P said:

That is so EFL..they can appeal ..clubs can't lol

I believe there is one appeal for the losing party, it isn't a case of they could appeal but we can't. Just like Wednesday appealed their 12 point deduction and ended up with 6.

On 09/05/2021 at 15:21, Gee SCREAMER !! said:

Immediately start burrowing through the next set of accounts. We'll probably get a point deduction at some time but realistically that means we might need to win 20 games from 46. On any given season that's more than our average.

My annoyance with this and always has been that a team with 10,000 through the gate on a good day like Bournemouth can have 60 million quid of players on the pitch and a wage bill that will probably run at 2-3 million per player but that's ok. 

Spend what you want as long as you are willing to service it.

I Think James Thrasivoulou needs to change his poem to 'We are Derby, hated by the EFL, the scourge of Middle England, the bastions of football, We are Derby County'................sorry and Nottingham Forest you can duck off

1 minute ago, Yani P said:

So we still have an appeal then if we lose this verdict? Although as it'd likely a fine bot sure if it will make financial sense to do so..

No we don't, the decision stands whatever the outcome.

Seems vomitingly like the brand of democracy being peddled around today.

A small oligarchy decide what the outcome will be.

Have a referendum or 'free and fair' election.

When they lose, even by a landslide, spend millions seeking a further appeal/vote.

Finally 'achieve' a majority, declare a 'victory for common sense' and refuse further debate because 'the people have spoken!"

In other words relegate the Rams regardless, but blame the EFL, not Wycombe!

7 minutes ago, EdinRam said:

I believe there is one appeal for the losing party, it isn't a case of they could appeal but we can't. Just like Wednesday appealed their 12 point deduction and ended up with 6.

Derby can and would appeal I heard on five live the other day and are confidant that even if they had to resubmit their accounts they would fall within the FFP limits.