EFL appeal

Sith Happens

1 hour ago, StrawHillRam said:

The sooner a break away League for entitled championship clubs (and maybe some ascots clubs) is started the better 

The EFL stifle ambition..

Let the show ponies who can sit to buy into it form a European super league. why stop there make it a global super league. Slow to do this if they contribute some cash to the domestic league

I wouldn’t care If we ever play them again.

Form a new domestic league structure without the EFL. Grass roots

Restrict player hoarding by the show ponies. So they don’t cream off all the semi decent players and youth  in the domestic League

3 minutes ago, StrawHillRam said:

Let the show ponies who can sit to buy into it form a European super league. why stop there make it a global super league. Slow to do this if they contribute some cash to the domestic league

I wouldn’t care If we ever play them again.

Form a new domestic league structure without the EFL. Grass roots

Restrict player hoarding by the show ponies. So they don’t cream off all the semi decent players and youth  in the domestic League

Now that is a good idea.

Sunday rag editor: "Oh poo Alan, they actually stayed up, we need another bad news headline to keep the plebs (Gibson) happy......quick, what you got?"

Nixon: "erm...well......I guess we could revisit the massive, humongous, points deduction armageddon story for the hundred thousandth time?"

Every f*cker else (apart from Gibson): "Yaawnn"!

13 minutes ago, QuitYourJibbaJivin said:

Im not quite sure I understand this hate for fans and players celebrating yesterday.

You'd like to think that in the aftermath of Covid, lockdowns and every football related nightmare we've endured this last year, that fans being overjoyed at surviving the threat of relegation might be something we're allowed to enjoy without self-righteous criticism from some quarters. Its only one or two though so perhaps best ignored. ?‍♂️

Well I celebrated. And I don’t care if the players celebrated. As horrendous a situation as it is and no matter how much of an epic failure this has been days like yesterday is why we love football and they do not come around very often. If you can’t enjoy that then what’s the point? ??‍♂️

It’s embarrassing to think any “fan” of our club is embarrassed about us celebrating to stay up.

3 minutes ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Well I celebrated. And I don’t care if the players celebrated. As horrendous a situation as it is and no matter how much of an epic failure this has been days like yesterday is why we love football and they do not come around very often. If you can’t enjoy that then what’s the point? ??‍♂️

It’s embarrassing to think any “fan” of our club is embarrassed about us celebrating to stay up.

I remember in 1983 when we beat Fulham on the last game of the season to stay up, there was a hell of a lot of celebrating ??

1 minute ago, BramcoteRam84 said:

Harangue the players for not caring, then moan when they do. As for lambasting the fans... Don't even get me started on that. For my part, I'll be having a fat Sunday roast and a good few bevvies for the second day running, but then apparently I have low standards ?

Just now, 86 Hair Islands said:

Harangue the players for not caring, then moan when they do. As for lambasting the fans... Don't even get me started on that. For my part, I'll be having a fat Sunday roast and a good few bevvies for the second day running, but then apparently I have low standards ?

Mate enjoy 

Just now, StrawHillRam said:

I love the cut and thrust of the domestic league (good, bad and mediocre). I never lose my standards to watch the show ponies playing even in the European  cups. It just seems artificial and fabricated to make money. 

The expansion of european competitions has devalued them al lot. When they went off free to air tv i stopped watching.

But the "we hoard all the promising talent and loan it out to lesser clubs" model replacing the work your way up through the leagues has been detrimental to the game in my view.

5 minutes ago, Jimbo Ram said:

I celebrated yesterday, feel a bit hungover today. Starting the Guinness around 9 was perhaps a bit too early ? Why can’t we all celebrate doing what we had to do to stay up ?

Yes, I delayed my 'starting the drinking' mode until at least 9:30 am.